Current Member for over 1 month (at the time of review).
- Recent material very well made and very stylish, beautiful standard of films.
- Recent photo sets very interesting & original.
- Greater variety of models than normal, including some a little older, and some latin girls.
- There seems to be a lot of genuine sexual excitement in the models, they really looked turned on and I often can believe that they have orgasms.
- Very quick and reliable downloads, always maxes out my internet connection (around 2 MBytes/sec).
- Multiple sizes and resolutions of photos & videos, up to 1080p, although I only ever download the highest.
- Site doesn't seem to time out. When I first joined I stayed logged in for several days while downloading the old material.
- Quite a few Paul Black movies - my all time favourite. You wouldn't believe a film with just one girl in it would be so exciting and different.
- Most films are relatively short - 5 to 10 minutes - and well edited.
- The earlier material is rather uninspired, and quite a lot isn't exclusive.
- Some of the earlier films are a bit pixellated - claim to be HD but I'm not so sure.
- Rather too many models with tattoos and piercings for my tastes.
- Some of the older photo sets are far too long, with endless almost identical photos.
- The logo on the films is a bit intrusive although it is a bit better on the recent films, the logo on the photos is much smaller.
- The cross-site advertising is a pain.
- It is possible to vote, but there is no comment mechanism so there is no feel of any community membership.
The basis of The Life Erotic is stylized female masturbation - there is some g/g material but that also concentrates on the act of masturbation rather then regular lesbian sex. These days there are daily updates, 2 films and 5 photo sets per week, earlier there were 4 updates per week with rather fewer films.
I really like the current material, even when it is a bit dark for my tastes or when the girls have a few too many tattoos or piercings, it is so imaginative and well made that I still enjoy it. The earlier material isn't as good. Concentrating on solo female masturbation is a bit limiting, and it obviously took a while to find the right style. The current material is amazing, but pre-2012 isn't great. With 2 films produced per week, this means there isn't a huge amount of top quality material. That's really the only thing I can mark the site down for.
It might seem a bit limiting to concentrate on solo masturbation, but they are managing to make it very varied and interesting with some great scenarios. It may be all solo or GG, but in my experience the scenarios make it genuinely for couples too. Personally, I like to see member comments on sites, although I rarely join in as I tend to be downloading the material a week or two late, and I definitely miss having comments on this site - I think they are missing a trick here as one of the ways to encourage membership rather than piracy is to make a community of the site. I joined relatively recently for a year, and am almost certain to renew.
Current Member for over 1 month (at the time of review).
- Daily updates
- Good range of models
- Good streaming player that lets you skip in the movie easily
- High production values; great photography and videography
- Genuinely erotic; interesting scenarios
- Browse by model and photographer - and all updates dated
- Transparent preview - you can see what you will be getting
- Attractive outfits and lingerie
- Music is overdone on some videos
- Some sets too big
- Limited search (there's a keyword search, but no browsing by age/hair/ethnicity etc)
- Some very low light sets
- Archive material is uninspired
- Regional pricing bias (but easily avoidable)
The Life Erotic is a site which has been on my radar for a while now... I had been put off in the past by the comments and reviews, which made it seem uninspiring. But when browsing through some TGP sites I visit to keep er, abreast of what's around, the shots from TLE are always the ones which grab my attention more than any others, by being atmospheric and interesting... so I eventually got round to trying it.
It's tricky to review, as it's almost two different sites, having changed direction about a year ago - and tangub's review very accurately reflects the site it was, before then. The pre-2012 material is very lacking in inspiration - a few raunchy photo sets, with the model masturbating or opening her pussy - but they are cookie-cutter softcore glam and the others are dull, Met-Art style posed beauty shots, with little atmosphere or erotic appeal. The videos are sometimes more raunchy, with some masturbation - but in most cases they are ruined by insipid music drowning out any sound of the model, and with it any atmosphere.
But then it becomes exactly the site I've been looking for. A surprise, as it's part of the Met Art network, the main site of which I find a bit dull - TLE uses some of the same photographers and models, but here, free of the constraints of their absolutely-no-naughty-business rules, they shine. This is the site Met Art should be, and it's telling that almost all the material I have downloaded is from this more recent face of the site; which defines it as largely solo (occasional girl-girl) nudity and masturbation.
* The models - mostly European, some American, some South American - many I have not seen elsewhere, but some popular models. Ages up to late 20s which works for me as I find most younger models unable to carry off real seductiveness; there are also a fair number of unshaved models too, which is my preference. A quick scan through the models list shows approx 400 here.
* Atmosphere - most sets here are subtly lit, with no glaring studio lights. Some sets feature models in attractive, casual clothes - which come off to various degrees, but generally enough to see everythng. Others feature nice, sophisticated lingerie... which again, luckily, comes off.
* Sets - no faux-lux neo-regency stuff here. Sets are in a variety of locations, from subtle indoor shoots, to abandoned buildings - all of which let credence to the scenario.
* The level of explicitness - none of this artiness comes at the expense of detail. Many sets and videos feature explicit masturbation; some with toys and often closeups which most photographers manage to do here in some detail but without it seeming gynecological.
* Quality - videos are available in a few sizes and formats up to 1080p. Photos likewise - the upper resolution depends on the photographer and is up to 5K; otherwise they all have 2K and 1K.
* Daily updates, probably 1 in 3 or 4 of which are movies. Prior to 2012, they were maybe half as frequent. So very roughly - 2012 onwards, 300 photo sets + 100 videos; prior to that, maybe 400 photo sets + 100 videos.
Some things I didn't like:
* Some of the newer videos are still ruined by daft music. Don't do it!
* Some sets are just too dark, and there's little detail to be seen - and I suspect many PUers' tolerance will be lower than mine.
* Some sets are huge, both in terms of number of images, and in file sizes - I like tightly edited sets and too many here are over 100 pics. Some zips are 500Mb which is daft - even at 5K they could be compressed more aggressively. When the next option is 50Mb of 2K pics, I want something in between.
* Some scenarios miss the mark; but it's good they are experimenting a bit...
The scenarios being the most important part of the site. They are inventive and creative; many have some kind of story to them and it makes them both more voyeuristic and believable - without eschewing action. Some videos I liked include the model:
...In an abandoned building, eating an apple, letting the juice run down her as she masturbates
...Walking into an hold house, getting vaguely ghostly echoes of a past occupant... then reenacting it by masturbating
... Returning home to find a note left by a secret admirer... getting worked up over it, and masturbating
...Getting dressed up for a night out... then getting a text cancelling it, proceeding to undress, and masturbating
...Shaving per pussy with a bowl of warm water... then gulping more from a jug, letting it spill from her mouth onto her breasts while masturbating
...Chatting on IM with a lover... him suggesting she undress... which she does, and proceeds to masturbate on cam
There is a recurring theme there - and many of the videos come with matching sets, so the photos are as good and explicit.
This site genuinely earns it's name and is recommended for erotica fans; and to help emphasise the new direction of it, I have given it the benefit of the doubt by basing my score largely on that aspect.
*Newbie reviews and ratings don't count toward a site's overall score/rank until the user reaches the Rookie status level (5 points). This rule is needed to help prevent fake (or heavily biased) profiles and reviews.
User Comments (5)
Ask a question, give quick feedback, warnings, etc.
I saw one video of Meddie and Stacy, titled "Afternoon Orgasms", posted 2012-11-09, that is a shortened version of the same video posted at Beauty Angels (part of the Teen Mega World network). Meddie is called Meddie at TMW, but the other model is named Stasy. That video was posted 2012-04-16.
Very good video, 2 attractive models, nice lesbian scene.
Following my recent glowing review, this site continues to impress with its creative scenarios, great photography and atmospheric, high-production-values videography. Eg:
* I just found an older update in which the model sneaks off to a secluded location somewhere; laughs off and ignores an incoming call from a presumed boyfriend, and starts to enjoy herself. Later on, the phone rings again and she proceeds to use it to masturbate with in some detail (presumably the vibrating ring was on...)
* A recent video was titled 'Sex Art' - I figured they were just copping out and reusing a video from sister site Sex Art. As it happens, the video showed the model on bed with a laptop, watching a Sex Art video - then getting aroused and reenacting the blowjob she was watching with a dildo. Toys generally aren't my thing - but, like close-ups - here they manage use them without being run of the mill porn.
This is proper, erotic stuff that's both explicit yet still evocative. Recommended!
I joined this site only after a promo email from Met-Art. The Life Erotic claims to be a nude art site with an erotic explicit edge to it yet more than half of the videos downloaded showcased models posing for video vice explicit erotic edge.
Every video observed has a musical track in the background which is generally alright for soft-core modeling. In my opinion, I should hear the model only. She is gratifying herself.
My primary interest of late in most sites is the photo collection. I break the photos down between portrait and landscape view then showcase them as you would “normal” photos you see in any house. I agree with Tangub; I do not see the erotic and explicit side that is advertised.
I had joined this site after a promo email from Met-Art. The content, while mostly exclusive, isn't exclusive as a whole. I couldn't put a number on the amount of exclusive scenes since I don't collect all these models, but I can give some examples that may explain why the one member review here talks about technical issues with the photo and video quality.
On Eve Angel's content here on The Life Erotic, at least 6 of the 12 sets they have of Eve are from the old Eve Angel site, including a set, Eve drinking milk and pouring it on her body, that dates back to 2004. That photo and video set and the old stairs set (listed as Stairway to Heaven on Eve's old site) from Eve's site were released as exclusive on The Life Erotic. And both were released on The Life Erotic in 2011. Both of these sets are 6-7 years old.
They are posted as HD, where as the original ones were on Eve's site in 640x480 resolution. That could be where the problems with the video is coming from that the previous reviewer noticed.
So, check the model list and the available sets before thinking you're going to get content of a favorite model that you don't have. Overall, the site's not bad at all. They do have some really nice models I haven't seen before, but there was a letdown when I went to get some "new" Eve content only to find out it's up to 7 years old, repackaged as new and exclusive. This would be easier to look over if they didn't have a banner across the top of those sets that says "Exclusive".
Just noticed this one as a new artsy softcore listing at TBP and I glanced at the site. The place looks small with only about 25 scenes by my count but it claims to have 1080p HD video downloads and lifesize (4300 pixels) photos. The price looks reasonable at $20 a month and they promise multiple weekly updates but from the tour I couldn't tell how frequently they occur. Also the pic galleries seem to contain fewer than 40 shots per set which is a bit small by my standards. Now I'm just waiting to see who will take the plunge first and post a review on this one.
Protecting Minors We are strong supporters of RTA and ICRA, two of the most recognized self labeling organizations. Our site is properly labeled to assist in the protection of minors accessing inappopriate content. For information about filtering tools, check this site.
DISCLAIMER: ALL MODELS APPEARING ON THIS WEBSITE ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
To report child pornography, go directly to ASACP! We're proud to be a corporate sponsor.
Have concerns or questions about porn addiction? We recommend this helpful resource.