Sex Art (4)
Current Member for over 3 months (at the time of review).
||- Stunningly beautiful cinematic quality films
- Almost all attractive models, many from MetArt.
- Increasingly active comments from users. They can be a bit pretentious, but are often interesting.
- They have promised that they don't fiddle votes, and only block abusive comments.
- Very quick and reliable downloads, always maxes out my internet connection (around 2 MBytes/sec).
- Easy navigation and basic search facilities. All updates are clearly dated.
- All exclusive content, I think.
- Multiple sizes and resolutions of photos & videos. Videos up to 1080p.
- Streaming available - never tried it
- So far, unlike for example X-Art, SexArt has held the line against including ugly mysoginistic male-oriented material like anal.
- Around 200 films and slightly more photo sets. Daily updates - 3 films per week.
- Other interesting material, including interviews with models. After a long pause, these are starting again.
||- Little variety of models - almost all white, slim, 18 - 25.
- Photo sets by and large not so good.
- Rather too many models with tattoos and piercings for my tastes, and some less attractive models recently.
- Cross-site advertising is a pain.
- Photo sets which come with the films are very variable, partly because the lighting is set up for films and they are obviously done in a hurry.
- Recent issue with the Los Angeles operation (due to the mandatory condom laws), which has reduced the variety of material over the last few months.
||This site is very firmly in the "glamcore" or "heartcore" genre. They started off with a lot of heavily artistic material, but are now concentrating on making the sex as real as possible. They release 3 films a week, mostly with associated photo sets, and separate photo sets on the other days. The films are markedly higher quality than the photos. There is a fairly even mix of solo, GG & BG films - for a while there were no solo films but they have made a comeback recently. The films are pushing boundaries of eroticism and getting a real connection and excitement, but the photo sets often just look like more explicit MetArt photos. Stylistically the photos & films don't match.
There is a real effort with the setups and stories for the films, and several have really changed my ideas of what can be done with erotica. The films mostly have good scene setting, and a fun or romantic bit at the end, which make them feel much more intimate and real. I find this much better than a film that is nothing but sex. There have also been two long series of films (Snow Fun and currently The Game) which allow time for a bit more character development.
I particularly loved the more stylized and artistic earlier material - the body painting etc which have been criticised in other reviews. While I really like the current material too, I do find that my favourite films are almost all the earlier ones which is a slight concern.
I must be honest, I love this site. A lot of the films are an absolute joy to watch. Some people may complain that it isn't hard enough, but it is wonderful to see material that is done with such respect for the performers and has no sign of mistreatment or ugliness whatsoever. In fact it is a real indictment of modern porn that people will criticise this site because models don't get mistreated or hurt.
It isn't perfect, and I'm not that impressed by a lot of the photo sets, but they are trying hard, and are brave enough to try things which might be less popular. I will definitely be renewing when my current annual membership ends. If you are unsure about joining a porn site because of what you might see, you will find nothing nasty here.
Reply To Review