Porn Pros Network (1)
Current Member for less than 1 month (at the time of review).
||* Exclusive, creative content - Interesting scenarios, funny dialogue, with descent attempts at acting, and interesting camera work and lighting
* 12 exclusive content sites plus 3 bonus DVD content sites - 563 scenes of exclusive content, 23 scenes of bonus DVD content
* Daily updates – 1 or 2 scenes a day
* Matching photo sets for all content (586 sets) – well lit, in focus and thorough
* Newest photos are 2000x3000 and all photos are available in Zip files
* Network wide keyword searching and network inclusive and site specific model lists and updates lists
* Updates lists are sortable by date, views, votes, and staff picks while model lists are sortable by name or votes
* Customizable "My Picks" favorites section
* No DRM
* Fast Download Speeds (1 MB/s)
* Streaming Flash for every scene (in clips only) and screenshots for every scene
* Single file and split file downloads for each scene in WMV or MPEG
||* 512x288 (WMV, +1100kbps) is less than DVD quality
* Many photos are 600x900 or even 533x800
* Troublesome with Download Managers, sometimes download links do not engage properly on first request causing your manager to download the PHP page instead
* Advertisements are EVERYWHERE
* Scrolling SexInYourCity.com Advertisement is ubiquitous and unbelievably annoying
* Update schedule is network wide; your favorite site can wait two weeks before updating
* Lower, right-hand corner, non-translucent watermark on videos and photos
||Honestly, this network should get very high marks as it manages to provide interesting, humorous and original content while using many professional porn stars we all know well. The video is well lit and well shot – they play around with different video styles, imitating amateur video in some sites or music videos and so on – though their preferred style is mostly the standard gonzo documentary style. However, they actually do spend quite a bit of time dedicated to chatting with their performers. A number of their sites actually require acting from their stars – this either works or fails miserably, but either way it remains funny.
The keyword search engine is respectable and easy to use. The updates and model lists are sortable and available both as site specific or network wide. So finding the content is not difficult and though at 500+, making your way through all the scenes would take some time. Deciding if something is worth downloading is easy with both screenshots and streaming Flash at your disposal. Photos can be downloaded in zips and video scenes can be downloaded as one file - no DRM, no download restrictions, and fast downloads (1 MB/s). Unfortunately, this PHP based website isn't exactly Download Manager friendly – you can queue up downloads, but sometimes a download won't engage properly at first and instead you'll just download a useless PHP page. This means time consuming baby sitting of the downloads.
Unfortunately the negatives don't stop there. The videos are all the same size, 512x288, that is less than DVD quality and that is simply too small in this age of HD. If you watch it at that resolution, it is crisp, well lit and well filmed, but as you enlarge it, things get fuzzy. This is a huge problem for what is primarily a video site. The newest photos are huge and great, but you'll find the oldest photos are similarly too small. The second big negative is the ridiculous saturation of advertising. They have every advertisement short of Google Ad Words - many of the ads flash or scroll or act annoyingly in some other fashion. Finding ads presented to me within a site I pay to access is an immeasurable outrage. I seriously am astonished that a network with this much polish still has ads as back-up funding.
If Porn Pros re-encodes their videos to bring themselves into the DVD age (let alone the Blu-ray age) and sends those ads back to the abyss, I recon they'll be one of the finest networks out there. Their content is fun and entertaining, their site is easy to use and they don't even forget us photo lovers. I want to put their score in the 90's – but right now I just can't.
Reply To Review