Mr. Skin (1)
Was a member approx. 5 months prior to this review.
||* Naked celebs and b-movies stars!
* It's like being a teeanger all over again, looking for some boobs (or even bush) on HBO but all the good parts right there!
* When I joined as a temporary, 3 day member, I got full access
* Good organization and reviews/ratings are neat.
||* This IS NOT porn. It's equivalent to Playboy magazine. Hell, it shouldn't be reviewed on a porn site.
* With actual sex entering the mainstream, this site has not adapted hardcore content. If you have to be 18 to enter, why not put porn clips of only mainstream movies?
* I'm a straight male, but the lack of male nudity deters a female and gay male audience. Yet, I can enjoy a scene with a naked guy and a clothed girl.
* "Clips available soon!" is a lie.
||This site is like a delicious cookie. A good snack, but not really a meal. Unless you have a fetish for celebrity nudity, I see this site as "fun" but not get off material. I REALLY can't see anyone joining for a month, unless they like to take their time with things. Maybe I'm cheap. I mean efficient. I mean, the clips are a plenty, but they're like 30 seconds.
And with, I don't know, the rest of the internet, I can see a lot of celebrity nudity for free - especially that one site, you know, it has a blue background to it. But with the internet, it's often just pictures, but in many cases, that's all I need.
When I do join the site for a few days (I have joined 3 times, I believe), I usually have a long list of nude scenes I want to download, and that one "must see" scene seals the deal. It sucks missing out the day after your subscription expires.
On a side note, why aren't studios shutting down this site? I read somewhere the owner said they actually support it; it's free advertising. That might be the case for a hit movie like 40 Year Old Virgin, but what about the B-movie or direct to dvd market or that crappy mainstream movie with one great nude scene? I could have potentially bought or rented a handful of DVD's, but now with Mr Skin, there was no need. I wonder if they get royalties, but I can see the B-movie genre (just those Skinamax type movies) disappearing.
Still, it's a fun site.
Reply To Review