Homegrown Video (0)
Current Member for less than 1 month (at the time of review).
||1. The site has a large collection of mostly unknown amateur performers. There are a few porn stars and pro-am types but most are true amateurs. Most are conventionally attractive but there is the occasional unconventional or homely performer. They mostly look like real people.
2. A wide variety of niche content - they have good creampie, BBW and hairy videos as well as a decent selection of black, Hispanic and other ethnic performers though white is still by far the most prevalent.
3. Fast download speeds - I could get 4.5 MBPS.
4. A variety of download options - most videos can be downloaded in Super high quality, high quality, medium and low. You can also decide if you want to download complete scenes or scenes broken into pieces.
5. There is streaming content available that is different from the downloadable content.
||1. Video quality is poor. DVD quality is apparently the highest quality video available - 4:3 aspect ratio and fairy fuzzy resolution. There isn't a single HD video on the site, as far as I can tell. I find that astonishing for a porn site in 2014.
2. Site navigation is confusing and difficult. Scenes are sorted into categories such as amateur, vintage, hall of fame, before they were porn stars, and more. Some scenes show up under multiple categories, some don't. Within each of these sections you can filter by various key words. It can be really hard to tell if you've found all the scenes in a particular niche you're looking for.
Scenes are mostly well tagged but some tags are wrong or misleading - several creampie scenes, for instance, don't actually feature a cumshot at all.
You cannot filter scenes by performer.
3. There is a download limit listed as 12GB. If you go over there's a 24 hour penalty period. You have to email customer support and account don't unlock automatically.
||I love amateur porn - it's probably my favorite genre. I'm also a big fan of creampies. Consequently I was really excited to join HGV. Unfortunately in my time as a member I have been deeply disappointed by their poorly implemented and draconian download limit coupled with their incredibly terrible customer service.
Here is the relevant section from their terms:
"A user has the right to download 12 gigs within a 24hr period. If the user exceeds that limit they are blocked for 24hrs or alternatively they can contact support and request that the hold be lifted at our discretion."
This download limit is a problem for three big reasons.
Firstly: it's incorrect. I've had my account locked after downloading 11.7 GB. That's 300 MB less than 12GB!
Secondly: accounts don't unlock after 24 hours. You have to email their support team through the form on the website - in other words, you have to open a ticket. There is no way to track the ticket and they don't give you a way to email support directly. And let me tell you: their customer support is just awful. They are slow, unresponsive and they don't answer questions. Because their ticket system doesn't work properly and there's no direct email address given you can't have a conversation with support about any problems you're having. When they email you they say to reply to their email - but that bounces and goes no where.
Finally: because their support team is slow and unhelpful accounts remain locked for far longer than they should be.
When I realized there was a download limit I because very careful with what I downloaded. I checked my downloads constantly to be sure I wasn't going over 12 GB. Despite this, I've now had my account locked 4 times, most recently two nights ago when I made the mistake of downloading 11.7 GB. What's incredibly frustrating is that my account is still locked now, 41 hours later! Due to their negligence my account has been locked for periods of 30, 31, 30 and currently 41 hours. That's a total of 36 hours that's I can't access the site beyond their penalty period. Practically though that's several days of access - there's only certain times of day that anyone can use a website due to work, family, etc and if your account is locked when it shouldn't be it could easily prevent you from using the site for several days.
Ultimately I cannot recommend this site. It's too bad.
The good: There is some really enjoyable content that's unique to the site. If you like amateur porn you'll probably like it!
The bad: The technical quality of the videos and the site navigation are both frustratingly outdated. The real deal breaker though is the incorrectly implemented download limit which seems designed to steal access time from paid users.
The bizarre: They have a clause in their terms that says you agree to delete any content that you've downloaded from their site when you cancel, and that you also agree to provide them with proof that you've done so. That's weird.
I've been a member at many different sites over the years (various Kink sites, chicasplace, wifeysworld, videosz, swingerville, brainpass, etc). This site has the worst customer service and the worst download limit of any of them.
Reply To Review