Lust Cinema (1)
Current Member for less than 1 month (at the time of review).
||- Good content - Videos and Films tend to show more realistic sex, passionate and/or kinky scenarios.
- Great for couples - Wide breadth of genres and styles that will appeal to women and couples.
- Unique collection - "Alternative Porn" Films with various styles from the 70's to today, international, and unique films.
- Groupings by Director - You can learn a little bit about the director and the direction he/she took - and see other films by the same director. There are even some "making of" type content that can give further insight into the porn business.
- Educational Titles - Again for the couple or curious... educational type films you won't find on a typical porn site.
||- Technical issues:
1. A few videos are ripped from disc poorly. They used handbrake and didn't de-comb some of the video. Still watchable - just not very professional.
2. Pictures from scenes are tiny. Thumbnails of pictures don't open to a larger version. Got no response from support on this... it does seem to be an oversight.
3. The site gave me errors on multiple occasions. 500 errors, or sometimes 404 (file not found) errors. I learned through trial and error that trying again would usually work - but you expect more in 2014... took me back to 1994 type site. Support wasn't very helpful here either.
4. Downloading the files was glitchy. Filenames aren't unique.
- Language issues - While most are either english, or at least sub-titled. A few aren't.
- Pictures are scarce . It's Lust CINEMA - so I can say this is minor, but they didn't try very hard on this end. One title had a picture associated with it that didn't belong with it. Most titles don't have pics.
||If you can see past a few technical issues and "lack of spit and polish" on the site in general, I can say I'm pleased overall with the content. It's unique, fresh, and opened me up to some porn that is different that I may have never found before.
There are even a few scenes that are softcore - so it may be a good site for a couple experimenting with porn. As Erica Lust claims "[Lust Cinema]... where the feminine viewpoint is vital, the aesthetic is a pleasure to all of the senses, and eroticism and innovation are celebrated" I find they've managed to capture a collection that meets these goals.
I must mention as well that the site brings 2 new films a month. Since these are typically FILMS and not simply a sex scene like most porn sites... there's a bit of give and take there. If you expect a large quantity of porn - this may not be for you... especially if you like to download your porn. (This proved to be possible, but problematic)
So the content makes up quite a bit of ground for a technically inferior site and rather disappointing support. The content is very unique, varied, and entertaining - and squarely aimed at women and couples. I can recommend the site for the content, but they need to improve the many quirks and attend to the details before I could fully recommend it.
Reply To Review