The Mosh Room (1)
Was a member approx. 6 months prior to this review.
||- Official site of Russian-born US-resident alt model Mosh.
- No tattoos, nipples pierced, hair bleached white.
- 350+ photo sets. 90% at 1200x800px. 40 images per set.
- Sets have info on photographer, designer, make up artist, venue, ...
- Lots of unusual poses. More artistic than erotic
- Latex, vintage stockings and clothing, high heels.
- 40 videos. 50% at 640x480, 25% at 320x240, 25% at 720x400 or higher.
- Lots of information on the model's live and career.
- Modeling tips section. Infrequent diary with pictures.
- 6-8 new photo sets per month.
- ccbill. No regional pricing.
||- Few videos and at very low resolution.
- No zip files. Photos open in a page of their own.
- Sets are only grouped by year of release. No categories.
- Content engine needs a makeover.
- Smallish pictures.
- Interaction limited to email. No member chats, phased out forum.
- Site is somewhat slow. Downloading and browsing.
- Hard to read the texts: center justified and tiny font.
||I believe there is a big gap between alt modeling and my tastes. Latex fetish, stockings, garters, vintage clothes, burlesque or pin up style are not my thing. The Mosh Room is the solo site of an alt model that has lots of things that are not my cup of tea and, yet, I liked this site quite a lot and I’d recommend anyone to at least take a look at the free tour.
The alt adjective doesn’t come from her body modifications: she has a very unique look but no tattoos at all and just some discrete nipple and ear piercings. She does have extremely pale skin and hair bleached white. I guess the alt adjective comes from a mix of her looks, her taste in style (pin up, vintage stockings, latex, extremely high heels) and the unusual, yet jawdropping, poses she bends herself into for pictures.
According to the very detailed about me section, Mosh trained as a gymnast since childhood. Saying merely that she is flexible would be a huge understatement. She has a perfect control of her body: every pose is different but every pose is a winner. For instance, I'm in awe of how she uses her hands, how she manages to bring something more to already extraordinary poses by the way her hands are placed and tensed. It’s difficult to put in words the uniqueness of the end results.
The photos come from many different photographers but, even though, I got the feeling that she has a lot to say on how she gets shot so all sets end up having some sort of “Mosh style”. Unfortunately, the 350+ photo sets are dumped into a single huge listing sorted by release date. Apart from adding listings for categories (latex, nude, stockings, ...) it would make a lot of sense to group or, at least, make sets searchable by the metadata that is shown when you open them: photographer, garments designer and so on.
The site has much more text pages than the usual solo site: tips, diaries, biography, faqs but interaction seems to be limited to email. She periodically posts publicly replies to emails she gets, specially when it’s other models asking for advice. Looks like there were some webcam chats at some point and also a forum of some sorts but nothing seem to be going on in that direction currently.
Reply To Review