My Free Cams (3)
Was a member approx. 2 months prior to this review.
||- 1,000 models online at any time. Many from US, Canada, UK.
- Unusual cam site: each room is different and has its own rules.
- Public chat may have nudity, masturbation, girl- girl action.
- Token packages vary from 0.10 to 0.08 USD/token.
- Same price/minute for all models: private, 60 tokens; spy, 20; group, 10.
- All private shows recorded by the site. Unlimited free replays.
- Archive of all text chats: public, private, group or private messaging.
- Token tips as a currency: videos, panties, skype shows, raffle tickets, ...
- Detailed log of tokens spent: tips, privates or group chats.
- Model profiles often have room rules and contact info (email, twitter).
- May opt to receive free SMS or email when favorites come online.
- Interaction with fellow members: lounge, messaging, watch their cam.
- Ignore option for all guests or basic users or any particular member.
- Models get 0.05USD/token: around 60%; at other cam sites, 30-35%.
- Billed by ccbill or epoch. No regional pricing.
||- Myspace ainít dead: it lives in most models profile layouts.
- Chat allows irritating emoticons and font face/color combinations.
- Very unpolished interface: pop-ups, ugly icons, frames.
- Buggy site: random lags and stutters. Every browser has own issues.
- Site often fails to notify when favorites come online or finish a private.
- ĒTrue privateĒ shows, where no one may spy, cost 80 tokens/minute.
- Lack of categorization: geographic region or model self-tags only.
- Models often ask for 100+ tokens to Private Message them.
- Daily spending limit for new members is too high (300+ USD).
- Very few adult models or porn stars. Almost none is popular here.
- Many models are obsessed with their Cam Score or ranking.
- There doesnít seem to be any policing / moderation.
- Boy- girl shows are not allowed but some models offer them off-site.
- Some members tip obscenely high amounts to models.
||This is a pretty unusual cam site which probably explains its popularity. I have, in fact, seen models who were popular at other sites switch to this one. You do have the chance to take a model private / group as in any cam site. But then there are the tips and the public sex shows for tips.
Some models donít even accept privates; the way they get tokens, apart from the occasional public show, varies from just sitting on public room talking to viewers and thanking them for tips they send out of free will to playing a game or setting up some scheme of their own so people send tokens their way. They may also have some raffle going on, whether itís for an iPod, used panties or, occasionally, a chance to meet them in person. Some take this a step further and bring along their cam while driving, laying on the beach, riding a train or on a plane. And people still tip them. Believe it or not, some of these are quite up in the rankings, meaning they probably make more tokens than others that just do sex shows.
Even though every room is different, site offers models few tools to manage it. Models may set up a room topic (a line of text at the top of the page) and have a profile page where they may explain what they offer at length. But apart from that, site offers nothing but tip collecting. For instance, if she sets a countdown for a public show, she has to notice all tips and subtract them from the goal, using a calculator if needed. Raffles usually require a supply of papers, pencil and a fish bowl: you tip and, if the model notices, writes your name in as many papers as the tip allows and puts them in the fish bowl. Raffle always last for days but thereís no public record of existing raffle tickets.
Public room may also be watched with a free account (basic users) or even with no account at all (guests). Models may block guests (almost always) and basics (frequently) from talking. Since public shows are easily recorded on the userís computer and end up around the Internet, itís not usual for models to add some kind of watermark on their cam feed with their name to get some credit.
While other cam sites try to milk every bit of interaction between members and models, MFC looks the other way when models offer skype shows in exchange for paypal or amazon wish list gifts. Needless to say that email address, twitter account or personal website address will be listed on their profile. Itís not unusual to see models offering to sell used panties, videos, picture sets or even their private phone number for a certain amount of tokens or its equivalent in paypal / gifts. Site also prides itself on giving most of the earnings to models; many models publicly say that they are getting 0.05 USD/token which is around 60% of what users pay; afaik, other sites pay models 35% at most. The downside is that you end up underestimating your tips because itís easier to calculate what the models get (x0.05) than what it costs you (x0.08+).
Reply To Review