Current Member for over 6 months (at the time of review).
||- Lots of exclusive US hosts. Popular among US porn stars.
- 100s of the usual non-US hosts that may be found at other sites.
- Site is geared at facilitating chats: little more than chats is offered.
- You may mute other chat users and send your requests only to host.
- Most hosts I tried offer sound even in free chat.
- Pay chats may be private (group) or exclusive (1 on 1, full privacy).
- SMS alerts at no additional cost. Also, favorites RSS feeds.
- Negative reviews of performers are not censored.
- Not charged for peeking into a private show for a few seconds.
- Excellent log of money spent: in-site and by email.
- Billed by epoch. No regional pricing.
- No silly contests among members or among hosts.
- Additional membership to access weekly show plus its archive.
- Additional fan clubs (“Goldclubs”) for HQ videos and photos of a host.
||- Prices higher than at other sites (both US and non-exclusive).
- Non-exclusive hosts have higher cam quality at other sites.
- No info on how much time you’ve been in current private.
- No alert when you are nearing daily limit while in private.
- Sorting options are easily lost while browsing.
- Almost no means to share experiences with fellow members.
- Hosts rarely honor the schedule on their profile.
- Sample photos of hosts are at very low quality.
- On a host’s profile, suggested similar hosts are never online.
- Occasionally, you find recorded shows passing as live ones.
- No clear taxonomy of online states: must enter host profile and guess a little to see how much “online” she is (see separate comment on the subject).
- Too many clone sites. What’s the difference with Cammodels?
||While some cam sites resemble a police state obsessed with milking every bit of interaction between you and the hosts and others are an anarchy full of amateur designs, emoticons and explicit sex in free chat, Streamate.com makes some sort of compromise.
You won’t see anything below the waist in free chat and contacting a host outside the site isn’t encouraged but they don’t charge you for simple things like sending an in-site message to a host and many hosts have twitter accounts. Hosts who have a site of their own often plug it while in free chat or even in their profile page.
I have a love-hate relationship with the site’s interface. On every chat window, there’s a button that mutes all other users and has your words only seen by hosts. Good both for blocking the peanut gallery and for privacy although the icon isn’t exactly easy to understand. Also, you don’t need to leave free chat to check host’s prices. On the other hand I found many issues in listings. I never manage to keep hosts sorted the way I’d like and I feel the fact that a host appears as “online” regardless of “how much online” she really is deserved a comment of its own here.
This site, and mainly its clone site Cammodels, are currently very popular among US porn stars. One of the reasons could be that Streamate offers a chat widget that may be embedded at the members area of a site and host member chats accessible at the same time via Streamate. It’s not unusual to find 10-15 fairly well known stars online at a given time, even at Europe-friendly hours.
Regarding private chats, they have a great log of all your past activities in the last 3 months: minutes and seconds spent with each host and on which day. Unfortunately, you don’t get much info while in private. Not knowing how much time you’ve been in your current private session is not unusual at other sites but they should at least tell you that you are about to hit your daily limit so you may properly end the session.
I find confusing the overabundance of clone sites that work the exact same way. US porn stars and hosts always post links to Cammodels, not Streamate.com. I would suggest anyone interested to join through Streamate.com and not a clone because Streamate.com offers registered users a preview of a host’s free chat when you place your mouse over her picture on a listing. None of the clone sites seems to offer it.
Reply To Review