Was a member approx. 3 months prior to this review.
||- Decent image quality in private chat.
- Fan Clubs for additional content and interaction with hosts.
- Fan Club fee is free if you spend enough time with host per month.
- Fan Club members get discounts in privates.
- It’s OK to contact hosts online outside site.
- Buying credits in advance (wallet) gives you discount price.
- Various levels of membership with additional advantages.
- Account termination option if you want to leave.
- Didn’t notice the unusual billing practices others reported.
- No regional pricing.
||- Own billing provider: site knows your credit card number.
- You have to pay for every Fan Club you join.
- Fan Club content is at low resolution and not categorized.
- A host having a Fan Club doesn’t mean she uses it at all.
- Site is extremely complicated and slow to navigate.
- They use its own made up jargon for every option.
- No exit button while in private: must close browser to leave.
- While in private chat, no indication of time spent so far.
- Site doesn’t give any info on recently attended chats.
- No transactional emails when buying credits or chat time.
- May be alerted of favorites online by email only.
- Emails of any kind from the site get always flagged as spam.
- Important info in forms is often shown in the tiniest font.
- Cancellation forms do not always work. No email alternative.
- iFriends and host name appear in credit card statement.
||You will probably enjoy iFriends a lot and overlook its multiple shortcomings if you find hosts you like with an active Fan Club. But if you are looking for a regular cam site, that’s a completely different story.
The killer app at iFriends are the Fan Clubs. They were the first and other cam sites are starting to offer similar features. You may get photos and videos of the host plus interaction options and personal info. But downloading content or watching it at full resolution isn’t easy and there’s no guarantee that the host will use all Fan Club options. Simple things like a schedule or a bio rarely get filled.
Most cam sites don’t allow communication between clients and hosts outside the site. As a Fan Club member, not only you get host’s email address but also a pay-per-minute phone option. It may come handy while in private chat and it may also be used to phone the host at any time when not online. Hosts may opt out of these features.
iFriends site was slow and unnecessarily complicated for me. Chat streams played smoothly but loading any page took 10-15 seconds. When you click on and online host, the site tries to funnel you into private chat. Price per minute is written in a tiny font and away from the “enter private” button. An option to go to free chat instead is even better hidden. Free chat places a semi-translucent layer on top of the host: she may talk with you but you only see her ridiculously half hidden. And on and on.
Plus, they use their own naming for everything. An in-site message to a host is called an “iFriends Gram”. If you want to add a host to your favorites you have to send her an “iFriends Gram” but leave the message body empty and tick the checkbox that adds her to your favorites plus another one that will send email alerts when she comes online. They call credits “money in your wallet” and have a wallet icon floating on some of the pages.
They offer no info on how you are spending your money. There’s no transactional email when you purchase something and there’s no recent privates section on the site. I had, in fact, to keep my own record with pen and paper and then check it against my credit card statement. Speaking of that, I’m not sure listing site’s and hosts’ names in card statements is a great idea.
Not all cam sites offer a total account cancellation option. iFriends does offer it but you must go through a form that didn’t work at first for me. I didn’t find a tech support email but another non-working form. Everything worked fine when I tried again some days later and was able to cancel.
Reply To Review