Zero Tolerance On Demand (1)
Current Member for less than 1 month (at the time of review).
||- Comes with full access to Black Ice, ZTOD and 3rd Degree studios. I'm going to try to separate each into separate reviews.
- Though no longer a very high exclusivity DVD site, I would still estimate the ZTOD DVDs are 60% exclusive to this site. The added TBP discount price makes it a good deal.
- A few major stars have a good amount of exclusive content here. Courtney Cummz, a gorgeous blonde, all-natural, has over 70 scenes just on ZTOD.
- A nice blend of Euro and American stars. Everyone from Jenna Haze to Eva Angelina to Angel Dark to Rita Faltayono.
- Where the site really stands out among DVD sites is the video resolution. Rough estimate, half of the 2,500 scenes are at least 1280x720 resolution, around 800 according to their member search show up as 1920x1080. Very few if any DVD sites offer that high of quality.
- Some picture sets are available as well, though not high resolution, but are at least zipped for download.
||- Depending on your view, this could be a deal breaker. I have been a member since mid-May, no new updates whatsoever. I'm not for sure what they had been using as an update schedule. I was thinking 3 DVDs a week or so, but as of right now, in two weeks, they've not even had one scene, let alone a full DVD.
- Download speed problems, I've seen this mentioned in other reviews and here are the results I've been receiving. On average, the ZTOD scenes are downloading at 1.5 MB/s. My average speed on all other sites is in the 2.5 MB/s range and I have topped 3.0 MB/s on some sites. It's not too bad since my connection is fast, but there is definitely a problem with their download speeds.
||I was very high on this site a few years ago. Back then, their selling point was their exclusivity. Over time, Videobox started picking up quite a few of their DVDs. However, I still think they have a higher exclusivity rate than the other major DVD sites.
The positives start with exclusive videos. As a collector, I can always find dozens of scenes here that I've not seen on any other sites. I consider their search engine a positive as well. It's a level search where you search niche then you can search within the results. As example, say you search for "anal" then once those results come up, you can search for Asian and it will give you the scenes featuring anal with Asians. It seems to be pretty accurate from my use of of it.
The video quality is now the big positive. Of the 2,500 scenes, around 800 are 1920x1080 and probably add another 400 that are at least 1280x720. I do think they are the only DVD site that offers that many HD scenes. Coupled with the exclusivity and you can see that this is a very good site.
When I joined this current time, a new DVD had been added just a few days before. Since then, over two weeks, there have been zero updates. I don't know if the site has just stopped producing new scenes or if they are taking a break or whatever, but this means if you've been here lately, skip it, since nothing has changed in the last month. I'm taking the stopped making new scenes options since they have a blog/update page that was almost always updated with everything from jokes to talk about new starlets they had filmed. It also stopped updating on the same day the last DVD was released.
The download speed was not completely terrible for me, but it was at times only about 1/2 of my normal download speed. This can be a major problem if you're wanting those 1920x1080 files. Most of those ring in at 2 GB or higher each, so huge file combined with slow download speed is a problem.
One other negative, for some reason they've decided to have all videos on auto start when you click one to download it. I used Firefox's No Script with some success to stop this, but it seemed when I used No Script, it messed the search engine up since No Script blocked some of the search functions. Yeah, phooey, was my feeling too.
On a side note, this site is owned by the company that owns Videoz.
I mention this because their main tour has a few very big misleading numbers in it. The main tour says, "Choose from over 4,500 DVDs". ZTOD itself has 338 DVDs in their search engine. Even including both bonus sites, the total DVDs available is still under 1,000. I'm not for sure if maybe they are merging their sites or what so I'm basing my score just on the 338 DVDs ZTOD has available and they are very good. Especially with the high quality. If you've never been a member, it's a definite recommended site for the archived videos they already have, but nothing more than a month unless they start updating again.
Reply To Review