I've not joined Sex Art, but have been a member both at X Art and at Joymii. They are very, very similar sites, so if you liked X Art, you should like this. But for my money, I prefer Joymii - the difference is subtle, but the photography just seems better - the sets, colours, angles are a bit different, a bit more interesting.
I use my computer for work also, so anything remotely racy stays on an external drive - and is therefore gone when I unplug my laptop to take it with me somewhere. Also disabled recent items and the like, for the same reason!
Continuing the saga of regional pricing on this site...
It seems to persist, by way of the $25 site being €25 in Europe. BUT with the new TBP discount - I received it in the PU newsletter and it seems the same when clicking through from the site - the $15 offer seems to apply even in the UK.
This is a great site - for me it slightly wins out over it's closest competitor, X-Art - and worth joining at this price.
I wish you had something similar too, GPL... but now that you mention it, I kind of wish you hadn't - thinking to the phone scenario I mentioned, I'm now picturing one of those unfortunate 'accidental' X-ray images with a mobile... sorry :P
I agree that the shoots are often too subtly lit - I don't mind the atmosphere it brings - entirely different from eg Joymii which I also like but is very light - but some pics here are too dark even for my liking. Concur that Natasha Schon is the worst offender! She has some good pics and scenarios, but too often we can't see anything...
Following my recent glowing review, this site continues to impress with its creative scenarios, great photography and atmospheric, high-production-values videography. Eg:
* I just found an older update in which the model sneaks off to a secluded location somewhere; laughs off and ignores an incoming call from a presumed boyfriend, and starts to enjoy herself. Later on, the phone rings again and she proceeds to use it to masturbate with in some detail (presumably the vibrating ring was on...)
* A recent video was titled 'Sex Art' - I figured they were just copping out and reusing a video from sister site Sex Art. As it happens, the video showed the model on bed with a laptop, watching a Sex Art video - then getting aroused and reenacting the blowjob she was watching with a dildo. Toys generally aren't my thing - but, like close-ups - here they manage use them without being run of the mill porn.
This is proper, erotic stuff that's both explicit yet still evocative. Recommended!
Great, in-depth review, with a lot of good points. You are selling it a bit short on the numbers though; a quick look at the list of sets shows > 700 sets; and don't forget the approx 500 videos.
If you go back a year ago, you'll also find they did experiment with some slightly more explicit stuff - see Emma/Emmanuella's sets (they also have quite a few late 20s models, of which she is one), where there is some masturbation, which worked well.
This was one of my favourite sites - I had a continuous membership for 2 years, but have recently stopped; partly because I have less time to spend on porn of late; but also, if I were to review it again now, I'd score it a bit lower than the very high score in my review, since:
* Updates are no longer daily - that's fine for the price of the site, but I'd need daily updates to subscribe for a year;
* The forum is gone - had some good chats on there with fellow members
* Most importantly - recent updates seem to be more studio-based; whereas what I love about the site is the voyeuristic nature of the locations - outdoor/bedroom/hotel/apartment etc
Oh and you are right it's a bit glitchy! It went through a couple of redesigns while I was a member, but never quite right.
But with all that, I'd still score it in the high 80s, especially for all the great archive material - and lots featuring models dressing and undressing from great lingerie and nylons.
thenude.eu is a great resource for model info, especially when confused by the spurious ages that pretty much every site puts up. A quick search finds a model profile here http://www.thenude.eu/Avril_A_5073.htm - with a few links to her at other sites - she may be back at Erotic Beauty?
Likewise, sad news indeed. While his style is a bit formulaic, it is nonetheless a good formula and very recognisable - I can generally tell straight away when seeing his sets on other sites. It also seems very respectful to the models - quite glam, but in an alluring, natural way - definitely a loss.
Fairly often; I generally work from home so have a quick scan once or twice in the day to see what's new. But it depends on what else is going on - if busy I can go a month or so without giving it much thought.
Mines about 600Gb at the moment - am sort of hoping to keep it under 1Tb since I like being able to keep it on a portable external drive. To that end, I generally choose 720 videos over 1080; the latter are often twice the size and I struggle to see much difference in full screen...
Many thanks for the reply. There is some OK material in the older stuff - I downloaded a little - and it is likely more erotic than Met Art - but for me that's not hard, I found MA has too much to wade through to get to anything interesting.
What's good here is that as well as being subtle, interesting, different - all of which I would take over graphic explicitness - it is explicit too, a rare combination. And although I am fond of the heartcore sites, they voyeuristic nature of the solo scenes here is somehow more erotic.
And I did indeed join for a year! The price was good; it updates daily and probably more than half of the updates are of interest to me. Sure I could catch up with a monthly join every so often; but it's good to have one annual one which will (hopefully) always have something interesting, regardless of what else I'm doing.
Many thanks, tangub. It really is very different and was kind of jarring working my way back through the archives of the site; I kept finding great sets and videos to download... then suddenly almost nothing; I have kept very few sets from before 2012.
I'm just hoping they stay on the current path as I've bought a longer subscription...
Current Member for over 1 month (at the time of review).
- Daily updates
- Good range of models
- Good streaming player that lets you skip in the movie easily
- High production values; great photography and videography
- Genuinely erotic; interesting scenarios
- Browse by model and photographer - and all updates dated
- Transparent preview - you can see what you will be getting
- Attractive outfits and lingerie
- Music is overdone on some videos
- Some sets too big
- Limited search (there's a keyword search, but no browsing by age/hair/ethnicity etc)
- Some very low light sets
- Archive material is uninspired
- Regional pricing bias (but easily avoidable)
The Life Erotic is a site which has been on my radar for a while now... I had been put off in the past by the comments and reviews, which made it seem uninspiring. But when browsing through some TGP sites I visit to keep er, abreast of what's around, the shots from TLE are always the ones which grab my attention more than any others, by being atmospheric and interesting... so I eventually got round to trying it.
It's tricky to review, as it's almost two different sites, having changed direction about a year ago - and tangub's review very accurately reflects the site it was, before then. The pre-2012 material is very lacking in inspiration - a few raunchy photo sets, with the model masturbating or opening her pussy - but they are cookie-cutter softcore glam and the others are dull, Met-Art style posed beauty shots, with little atmosphere or erotic appeal. The videos are sometimes more raunchy, with some masturbation - but in most cases they are ruined by insipid music drowning out any sound of the model, and with it any atmosphere.
But then it becomes exactly the site I've been looking for. A surprise, as it's part of the Met Art network, the main site of which I find a bit dull - TLE uses some of the same photographers and models, but here, free of the constraints of their absolutely-no-naughty-business rules, they shine. This is the site Met Art should be, and it's telling that almost all the material I have downloaded is from this more recent face of the site; which defines it as largely solo (occasional girl-girl) nudity and masturbation.
* The models - mostly European, some American, some South American - many I have not seen elsewhere, but some popular models. Ages up to late 20s which works for me as I find most younger models unable to carry off real seductiveness; there are also a fair number of unshaved models too, which is my preference. A quick scan through the models list shows approx 400 here.
* Atmosphere - most sets here are subtly lit, with no glaring studio lights. Some sets feature models in attractive, casual clothes - which come off to various degrees, but generally enough to see everythng. Others feature nice, sophisticated lingerie... which again, luckily, comes off.
* Sets - no faux-lux neo-regency stuff here. Sets are in a variety of locations, from subtle indoor shoots, to abandoned buildings - all of which let credence to the scenario.
* The level of explicitness - none of this artiness comes at the expense of detail. Many sets and videos feature explicit masturbation; some with toys and often closeups which most photographers manage to do here in some detail but without it seeming gynecological.
* Quality - videos are available in a few sizes and formats up to 1080p. Photos likewise - the upper resolution depends on the photographer and is up to 5K; otherwise they all have 2K and 1K.
* Daily updates, probably 1 in 3 or 4 of which are movies. Prior to 2012, they were maybe half as frequent. So very roughly - 2012 onwards, 300 photo sets + 100 videos; prior to that, maybe 400 photo sets + 100 videos.
Some things I didn't like:
* Some of the newer videos are still ruined by daft music. Don't do it!
* Some sets are just too dark, and there's little detail to be seen - and I suspect many PUers' tolerance will be lower than mine.
* Some sets are huge, both in terms of number of images, and in file sizes - I like tightly edited sets and too many here are over 100 pics. Some zips are 500Mb which is daft - even at 5K they could be compressed more aggressively. When the next option is 50Mb of 2K pics, I want something in between.
* Some scenarios miss the mark; but it's good they are experimenting a bit...
The scenarios being the most important part of the site. They are inventive and creative; many have some kind of story to them and it makes them both more voyeuristic and believable - without eschewing action. Some videos I liked include the model:
...In an abandoned building, eating an apple, letting the juice run down her as she masturbates
...Walking into an hold house, getting vaguely ghostly echoes of a past occupant... then reenacting it by masturbating
... Returning home to find a note left by a secret admirer... getting worked up over it, and masturbating
...Getting dressed up for a night out... then getting a text cancelling it, proceeding to undress, and masturbating
...Shaving per pussy with a bowl of warm water... then gulping more from a jug, letting it spill from her mouth onto her breasts while masturbating
...Chatting on IM with a lover... him suggesting she undress... which she does, and proceeds to masturbate on cam
There is a recurring theme there - and many of the videos come with matching sets, so the photos are as good and explicit.
This site genuinely earns it's name and is recommended for erotica fans; and to help emphasise the new direction of it, I have given it the benefit of the doubt by basing my score largely on that aspect.
Am certainly hoping I shall be involved in some manner of lewd behaviour when older! Occasionally I feel a bit old but am then greatly enthused by the participation of some of the, er, slightly-older-than-me folks here. I feel the same hope-I'm-still-at-it affirmation as when I see a 70+ motorcyclist!
I've not joined abby winters... but if you like the idea of natural Australian girls (although there may be less of them since they moved out of Australia?) I can recommend Girls Out West. It's possibly a bit more down to earth than AW, but there's plenty of explicit nudity and action there...
Thanks for another great review, tangub - this site has popped up on my radar as I'm a big fan of nylon, either tights or stockings, and the idea of both is actually an interesting novelty.
However, it sounds like it would be too frustrating... sure, I like a tease but I prefer it to go somewhere! And although seeing the model's pussy through sheer nylon works for me as well as full nudity, it sounds like it's the exception here.
A shame... I'm still looking for a good, erotic, nylon-themed site.
Agree with hodayathink and RustyJ - it shows the model has personality and that's far more attractive than any physical assets. And although we know porn is their work; if they are shown to be enjoying it, it makes it more accessible to the viewer.
Protecting Minors We are strong supporters of RTA and ICRA, two of the most recognized self labeling organizations. Our site is properly labeled to assist in the protection of minors accessing inappopriate content. For information about filtering tools, check this site.
DISCLAIMER: ALL MODELS APPEARING ON THIS WEBSITE ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
To report child pornography, go directly to ASACP! We're proud to be a corporate sponsor.
Have concerns or questions about porn addiction? We recommend this helpful resource.