Welcome GUEST!      CREATE ACCOUNT - Forgot Password?

Create an account to share your experiences and more!

E-MAIL   PASS  

Auto Log-in Future Sessions (on this computer).
User Forum Our new user message board where users talk porn!
Porn Users Forum » User Ranks » User Post History

Post History: TheSquirrel (53)

Filtering Options Select Option
Keyword Search
     Find within...  
View Options All Posts (693)  |   Threads Started (19)

1-50 of 693 Posts Page 1 2 4 6 8 13 14 Next Page >

06-11-14  07:20am - 49 days AB 1576 passes committee (42 Posts) - #40
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Porn, ALL Porn, can be hazardous to both mental and physical health. That applies to some jobs too. It all depends on how far you want to go in legislating a dirty business.

I don't buy the banning it altogether will make it go underground argument. Banning murder, sexual abuse, blackmail, and terrorism, makes it go underground too. Good. It doesn't stop it altogether, but it does help. Banning porn would mean there is less of it, much less, so there are fewer people at risk. The porn industry has exploded in volume with legalisation, satellite, and the internet.

I'm not saying I want to ban porn, but I accept it is a hazardous industry, filled with some truly awful people. Same as the music industry. It doesn't lessen my entertainment.

I would prefer current laws apply to porn, so if a girls is forced to do something she doesn't want to do, there are laws which punish those who do the forcing. That is good too. Lock em up and don't let them out. A porn actress should be signing something stating exactly what the job entails. Anything outside that is against the law.

A few years ago they tried to prosecute some men who were into pretty severe masochism and made videos of it for their own entertainment. I am not into that, but I do not want to impose my narrow mindedness on them. If they wish to do that, that is okay by me. My worry is the morally righteous will eventually have their way and laws will be imposed to try and stop the porn industry, because it is such a damaging industry. Or maybe they should?

I do not wish to impose my standards on others, but do see a need to protect workers in industry, however they are just my standards from my perspective. Some wish to impose their own morality. Where does genuine concern, and smug self righteous morality cross over? Are they the same thing? I don't know.

With that I shall say it's been good here, but things change. I am not doing the really silly account suspended thing. There are only really graymane and admiral left who I like, and agree with. Most of the older regulars I like appear infrequently. I'm not saying this is my last post because there may be something really important that I may have to say at some point in the future, but I think I have now said all I have to say, and don't want to endlessly repeat myself. I wish Rick, Khan and co much success. Run good! Edited on Jun 11, 2014, 08:15am

06-01-14  05:56pm - 59 days AB 1576 passes committee (42 Posts) - #31
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by graymane:




A hearty welcome-back drop-in, squirrel, -- (even if it's for just a little while) -- to a top player in our PU community.

From this member's perspective: ..... your charismatic grasp of the language and thought-provoking rants have been sorely missed.
And I'd like to think I speak for us all upon passing out these deserving accolades.

Let us see more of you, partner!

PS .....I share implicitly (to the letter) your rant on the mandatory law regarding seat-belts.
Among other things, it's my body .....and I want the choice to put it into whatever realm of chance that I choose.


Thanks graymane. I still visit here regularly but am generally happy nowadays to be an observer rather than contributor. Occasionally I see something worth commenting on. This is a thread that touches on porn users arguing over government intervention in porn. I would like to point out something that should be obvious - porn users in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Porn fans are no different to anyone else in thinking their tastes (whatever they may be) are okay, and morally righteous, whereas those of others aren't.

Enforcing condom use may make porn more safe, but so would banning porn altogether. Given the amount of severely damaged people who enter porn, and the amount of damage done to people in porn, it would be far better to ban it altogether. That would make it really safe.

There are many people in the world who have struggled over the years to stop the spread of porn. They consider themselves to be morally righteous. They consider porn to be evil and damaging to both those in the business and to those who consume it.

Once you start thinking that it's right to impose your own morality and standards on others, you can end up being disappointed because everyone has their own standards and morality. Getting government involved means you are trusting a corrupt bunch of liars, cheats, and hypocrites to pass laws concerning morality, sexual behaviour, and porn production.

Once government starts laying down those laws (for the good of the people of course), who knows where it will lead. If you are into porn and want to see government have a say in these things, don't be surprised if it doesn't end where you want it to end.

05-31-14  07:30pm - 60 days AB 1576 passes committee (42 Posts) - #28
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by pat362:


^I'm going to take you at your word and assume that what you wrote is the truth so first let me ask you who's rights are being violated with the condom law? I mean it doesn't prevent anyone from shooting with anyone else. All it does is force studios to use condoms during the penetration part of their scenes. I know some have made the argument that the rights of performers to shoot their scenes bareback is being violated but since so many performers now escort and I assume most use a condom than where is the problem with them also using one while doing porn? Especially since it's been proven that you can no longer trust the STI test performers have. Some have used the excuse that condoms cause friction and this can add to the possibility of them getting an infection but Wicked has been using condoms for decades and no one has ever complained so that excuse is hard to accept.

Now as to your choosing to not wear a seatbelt. Why would you do that? A seatbelt is meant to save your life in the event of an accident so you are telling me that you don't care whether you live or die simply because someone in the past made a law based on scientific studies that seatbelts saved more lives than they cost. You do know that makes absolutely no sense. I'd also like to point out that enforcing seatbelt laws probably cost government more money than not doing that because people who used to die in car accidents, prior to seatbelt laws, now survive and cost more money for their medical treatments and rehabilitation.


The reasons why I prefer not to wear a seat belt are unimportant to the argument, but persons of a certain age in this country will know them.

The main point is how far should a government should go in restricting personal freedoms, for the supposed benefit of all? Everyone has their own opinion where the line should be drawn. No right, no wrong, just opinion, and everybody has one.

Like a lot of Americans, I prefer government interfering as little as possible. I always think for any given country, the more the censorship, the fewer the personal freedoms, and the more restrictive the laws, the more uncivilised, fearful, ignorant, dangerous, and inferior a people are. Just my view of things.

The good rulers in Sudan have sentenced a woman to death for choosing to be a Christian rather then Muslim. It's all for the collective good of course. This is what happens in extreme cases, when fearful ignorant smug self righteous bigots think they know what is best for everyone.

FTR I come from a time when we didn't wear seat belts. I have always hated them. I hate feeling trapped, have heard of people being killed when their necks were broken due to wearing a seat belt, and also being trapped in a burning car when their seat belts would not undo. The figures may say wearing them is more likely to save your life but I consider I should have a choice, besides they crease up good shirts and jackets. Come to think of it, I do have a choice - I choose to break the law.

05-31-14  09:46am - 60 days AB 1576 passes committee (42 Posts) - #26
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by pat362:


It's the exact same thing. I don't know if you are aware but motorcycle owners bitched and fought tooth and nail for decades trying to prevent the government from passing any kind of helmet law. The most common statement was usually that it's their right to go without a helmet because it's their life and they can do what they wanted with it. That is only true if you live alone on a desert island but you can't say that if you don't. One person's actions affect more than themselves. It affects their family and friends as well as complete strangers who's life is affected when that free person crashes his bike and requires the services of paramedics, doctors, nurses, polices officers who will have to deal with someone who didn't care enough about the others to wear a helmet while riding a high speed vehicle.

It's no different for the condom debate because the people in the porn industry don't live on a desert island where their actions affect only themselves. In fact it's much worse because unlike a bike helmet. One infected person will automatically infect at least one more person by not wearing a condom. Since so many porn performers now escort on a regular basis than their actions can also infect non-performers.



It's a good argument but unfortunately one that is used to restrict freedom. Are they doing it to protect porn performers or doing it so there's one more law to restrict freedom, show who's boss, and impose their own morality? Does government have a good record of caring about, protecting, and looking after the needs of people who aren't in the rich minority?

I still often do not wear a seat belt even though it's against the law. I don't respect the law because it's created and upheld by lying cheating corrupt scum. Most of it is there to protect them from us. From my perspective they are the enemy. The law shouldn't be respected, and neither should those who make it or uphold it.

Sex and sexual behaviour is one thing they have a hard time controlling. This is one effort to get a finger in that. It's all a question of belief. It boils down to how far you want to go in restricting freedom in order to protect us inferior socially lacking unimportant slobs from ourselves.

One way would be to ban cars (except for business purposes), smoking, sex (unless licensed for the need of procreation), knives, airplanes (except for business purposes), fatty foods, high buildings, large expanses of water, and enforce a 6pm curfew. This could be all be paid for using 80 per cent taxation as these policies cost money, and so does building prisons to lock up those who refuse to be protected for their own good.

The world would be a much safer place, and a few smug self satisfied fucks could live in luxury, while the rest of us work and live in safety. Edited on May 31, 2014, 09:56am

04-13-14  07:12pm - 108 days "The Interview: ..Just one of the simular real ways I see it done (5 Posts) - #4
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by graymane:


Thanks, Squirrel..... as usual, for throwing in a few words to help make all the work on this story worthwhile.


You're welcome. This place is going through a transition at the moment, as all forums do from time to time. The older names are appearing less and less, which means those who appreciate some good writing aren't around so much to at least say "nice post, good effort." That means me too. If good writing isn't appreciated it simply disappears and you end up with a boring forum.

I'm around less nowadays, which will be permanent, but I still visit to check if any of my favourite names are around. Yourself and rearadmiral are about the only two left. Denner, Drooler, messmer, Ik2fireone, RB, Cap'n etc etc have all sadly gradually become the supporting cast, with an occasional cameo appearance. That doesn't mean the end of PU, it just means a change. New members will mean a new tone, and they will build up their own allegiances.

As I have mentioned before, I have my own reasons for not appearing as much as I did. It's got nothing to do with what I think about the site, or the people who own and run it, but seeing the names I like best, appearing less makes it easier to drop into the background. I'll still be lurking somewhere though, if only to occasionally show some appreciation. The place wouldn't be the same without you - nice bit of writing.

Good luck to Rick, Khan and co. with their new venture - whenever it appears. Edited on Apr 13, 2014, 07:25pm

04-10-14  09:02am - 111 days "The Interview: ..Just one of the simular real ways I see it done (5 Posts) - #2
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Darn, here comes reality again, something you're probably all to aware of at the moment. Casting vids are great, if they're done right, even though we all know it's bullshit. All you want them to do is get the camera and lighting right. That's not too hard is it? Nice to see you posting through the pain - unless aliens wrote that.

04-06-14  10:27am - 115 days PU's Poll about aliens is prompting this story of my own abduction by them (5 Posts) - #5
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Great post Graymane, the body may be weak, but the mind is still functioning - unless it's been taken over by aliens.

03-19-14  07:40pm - 133 days Chapter one: The calm before the storm. And this is not about the weather (25 Posts) - #25
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Apologies, I have only just caught up with this. I am so sad to hear about this but thank you for sharing. You always go out on a limb and bring this place to life, it's just an enormous shame on this occasion, it's under such tragic (yes, tragic) circumstances.

No consolation to anyone but it's not only American doctors who screw up, I know one or two over here who have had incompetent and uncaring medical help and botched operations that made their lives hell for the rest of their natural.

I don't know about the U.S. situation but I always consider that sort of thing is less likely to happen to me, because I am one angry, arrogant, obnoxious, litigious son of a bitch. This is awfully unfair on doctors and the medical profession but I have always considered the best way to get good medical care is by being thoroughly rude and unpleasant, and at times, making their lives a misery. The people who have suffered most at the hands of doctors, have all been thoroughly decent upstanding citizens. Typical of life, isn't it?

Your writing is so good Graymane, you fill me with complete terror. Terror because what you talk about is virtually everyone's future, even without medical incompetence, because that's what age does to everyone if you live long enough. I am becoming more aware of it as I grow older, and those close to me grow old and die. The longer they live the more they have to endure.

What you write saddens me deeply. Ridiculous anyone could say, because we don't know one another and never will, and this is just a porn forum, but sometimes a sort of magic happens. That's the wonder of the internet. Just occasionally a forum becomes something it was never intended to be. A magical blend of members makes it not only entertaining, but takes it to a new level and members become friends. Not friendship in the usual sense, but friendship for a new world. So I know the regular members here are all feeling the same way. We are very much saddened by your story, and very much don't want to lose you. Also there is that deep down fear because we know what you describe is our future too.

Knowing a number of people who have been in pain, I know the thing that you most want to be is free of pain, or at least relatively free of pain. There are no other concerns, so that's what I wish for you.

I hope you regain some quality of life. The forum is relatively unimportant compared to a pain free real life, but I can tell you your absence would be a huge loss and diminish some of that magic.

02-06-14  09:07pm - 174 days So ladies, what follows the tattoo craze? Here's a thought. (19 Posts) - #15
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Personally I prefer all over blue skin, pink skin, whatever, than those awful tats. You've probably all seen the horrendous sight of a body virtually all covered in tattoos.

Orion slave girls from Star Trek, yum!

02-05-14  09:29am - 175 days So ladies, what follows the tattoo craze? Here's a thought. (19 Posts) - #4
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Nice one Graymane. I wonder how many would actually take up that offer. You should patent it right now, then start up a company with the usual get out clauses, you know the sort, not responsible for cancer, ill health, pain, death, or mental incompetence. That should cover it.

01-28-14  06:08pm - 183 days Sites that offer scenes with multiple camera angles (9 Posts) - #9
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by bibo:


@graymane:
Thanks for the laugh, I really enjoyed your rant and might I say: I completely agree with you!

@TheSquirrel:
I remember reading the review of that site now that you mentioned it. The problem with this site is that it's POV plus normal angle. And I'm not a big fan of POV scenes, because POV usually means shaky camera and blurry close ups of random body parts.

I'm thinking about two different (non-POV) angles at the same time. Maybe one camera focusing on the girl's face.

Frankly speaking: I don't know why companies aren't at least trying this. All they need is an extra camera and another dude holding it and they could sell the same scene basically twice. Or make two updates out of it or whatever their business model is. If the video specs are right and the shootings are well done, I'd even pay extra money to get the full access.


I agree, I'm not a big fan of POV either. Getting two angles, without one being a close up would be good, but in the current porn climate of lowest common denominator, it's unlikely to happen. I'd certainly subscribe though.

01-27-14  09:33am - 184 days Sites that offer scenes with multiple camera angles (9 Posts) - #6
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by Cybertoad:


Not sure the site was working right got a few playing errors.
Is this like picture in picture ?


Not quite - either two views side by side or two videos with different views played separately. To view videos side by side you have to download their special software.

01-26-14  04:42pm - 185 days Sites that offer scenes with multiple camera angles (9 Posts) - #4
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
I may be stating the bleeding obvious but - Double View Casting.

01-18-14  06:37pm - 193 days Is it just me .... (17 Posts) - #10
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by pat362:


^I don't need my porn performers to be drop dead gorgeous. A girl next door/plain Jane is more than adequate because I need more than looks to sexually stimulate me. What I do not want to see are bad cases of facial blemishes or the now ever present pimples on the girls ass or around her genitals. There are so many scene start great but become unwatchable once the camera zooms to the below the waist region. A good makeup artist could fix that but since the producers want to shoot the scenes for the least amount of money than that basically means that I have even less porn available for purchase.


We may be out of touch with porn users here on Porn Users. Most porn fans may want their girls to be drop dead gorgeous. Personally I prefer a natural look with some curves but either young/skinny/thin or BBW seem to be the options available. There is a certain porn uniform look. In fact the porn look is a uniform, as much as an army uniform. It states what you are and what you do.

Agreed about once the camera drops below the waist. I have seen one or two cruel comments on forums run by porn sites. One or two stunning girls even appear to have genital warts, and some have bad blemishes, spots, warts etc.

You have hit a nail on the head, HD reveals the brutal truth and all the imperfections in not too flattering detail. With lower resolution good makeup artists aren't needed as much, but what is the point of HD if it turns out to be a turn off rather than turn on, because it shows too much of the truth?

I guess porn is going to become even more realistic, with more emphasis on what we keep calling "abuse" here on PU. No time to focus on the beauty of the female, no time to focus on any imperfections, just watch as she gets bashed, mauled, and slimed. That's probably too negative, but it maybe one part of the future of porn.

01-18-14  10:47am - 193 days Is it just me .... (17 Posts) - #8
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by pat362:


I'm going to throw this one in because I haven't seen it mentioned by anyone else. Is it possible that part of the problem is that technology now makes a very beautiful women less so because what was hidden behind a lower resolution image is now completely revealed in HD.

After all these women may be above the norm look wise but they are still human being and therefore prone to the same skin blemishes we all suffer from. It used to be that a model or actress could hide their imperfections behind a filter lens or the use of makeup but today's camera sees what past cameras did not. This problem is compounded by the harsh reality that many studios no longer use makeup artist. Badly applied makeup or no makeup at all is bound to affect what a model looks like. There is a reason why the word artist is used when talking about professionals who apply makeup. I know many studios think that they can photoshop the pictures after the fact and it's true that they can but the finish product is no longer the picture of a real person but is instead a computer generated facsimile where it's obvious we aren't looking at a real person anymore.

I'd like to add that it's quite possible that the current crop of models are not as impressive as the ones that came before them and that's why so any of us enjoy these new women but keep going back to past ones.


I think there could be a great deal of truth in this. When you look at some actresses the way they are photographed makes them look stunning, but send in a paparazzi photographer and they can look very plain or even unattractive. I used to know someone who was attractive, but put her in front of a camera with some makeup and she looked out of this world sensational.

Some are simply more photogenic than others. There are some stunning girls out there who would look great in front of a camera, but there is a limited number of attractive girls willing to do porn. Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but some without doubt are more attractive than others. Often that makeup is needed, and porn models do seem to wear very quickly. HD spec may turn out to be a double edged sword for the porn industry.

01-17-14  10:49am - 194 days An alarming number of downloaded files are dissapearing from folders. Where did they go? (14 Posts) - #8
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Alternatively on the start menu look above "Documents" where there will be files under your user name. They are arranged slightly different to files under "Documents." For instance files downloaded using Any Video Converter are not listed in "Documents."

Another suggestion is to download Glary Utilities. At the bottom of the home display are some icons. At the centre (fifth from left) is a circle broken into three slices. Run the mouse over that and it says "Disk Space Analyzer." Run that and it breaks your disk space into files. Somewhere in there will be your files if they are on your computer.

01-16-14  07:01pm - 195 days As one of this forumís resident anal fan-atics, Iím coming out of the closet. (12 Posts) - #10
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by graymane:


I won't go into my once negative approach concerning the subject of "anal"
solely in respect for those here whom I've grown, at least on my end, (pun clearly intended) quite close to as a fellow member, and among them whose fetish I've now come to have an enlightened and deepened respect. Having been a member here for my reach of time, I feel I've been taught, inadvertently, by the anal pros, and enough have rubbed off wherein I see things a lot clearly now.

But this reply actually has to do with accolades for Pat, Turboshaft and the squirrel's contribution to this thread.
Their comments on this matter is nothing less than extraordinary.
And the very best I can say on behalf of this subject is to echo their sentiments..... from which a deserving high-five is certainly in order.
.

Thanks for the feedback, and always interesting comments, at least you realise it is just a matter of taste and preference. There's no good porn or bad porn, it's merely what you prefer. Personally I hate the usual sort of (what I would consider) abuse involving verbals, hair pulling, spitting, slapping, and all that but that doesn't make my taste any better or worse, it's just age. I think older fans were brought up with softer stuff so slightly prefer that, to some of the abuse you see nowadays. It's not better porn though, it's just taste. For some, abusive porn is good porn, for others abusive porn is anything that they don't like personally.

I suppose hair pulling and slapping may not be considered abusive by some people, and hardcore may be considered abusive by some, although words like "whore" and "bitch" probably are abusive, although perhaps it depends on your point of view. Basically porn is whatever you get off on. Edited on Jan 16, 2014, 07:14pm

01-16-14  06:51pm - 195 days Hey guys (9 Posts) - #2
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Hmm I did wonder why you left. Quite a few have left recently then returned, for varying reasons. I shall be first to say welcome back.

01-14-14  06:31pm - 197 days As one of this forumís resident anal fan-atics, Iím coming out of the closet. (12 Posts) - #2
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Looks like I'm your shadow at the moment because I agree with you again. For me some of the best anal photos were from Anal Teen Angels 1-3 years ago. TeenCoreClub also did great vids and pics. These two may be closest to what you are describing, although I liked First Anal Quest too.

On my Anal Teen Angels review I said "the look on the girls' faces. Hard to explain, but for me it's the perfect balance of innocence, professionalism, and eroticism," and "the photographer captures a complete look of innocence, and enjoyment, while at the same time mass producing professional material, from a professional model who is having anal sex. The model looks innocent and enjoying it enough for it not to look as though she is being exploited." That sounds pretty much like what you're describing. TeenCoreClub is harder and I hate their contempt for customers but they did do great stuff too.

01-12-14  06:05am - 199 days What's the right amount of "free"? (34 Posts) - #11
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Exclusive material for PU/TBP - not better but a few alternatives for those who join sites through PU/TBP. Extra pics, an extra exclusive 5 minute clip. Nothing extreme just something to encourage using and joining through your site.

01-11-14  06:15pm - 200 days What's the right amount of "free"? (34 Posts) - #9
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
If you sign up to a site through TBP/PU give some sort of tokens for that.

01-11-14  06:03pm - 200 days What's the right amount of "free"? (34 Posts) - #7
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Design a system where those contributing get access to free streaming and free pics but only a selection, with maybe one high quality download a month just so people can see what high quality means and to stimulate demand. Top contributors should receive a limited amount of free stuff, maybe a tokens system. The more the contributions the more free porn, but only a very limited amount of high quality pics and videos, just enough to encourage memberships.

For example members can access a page with 100 low quality pics with ability to click on and download maybe 12 or so high quality from a set. Perhaps give tokens for 50 pics a month from any selection.

Probably none of this may be feasible, but it's just my idea. If I were a website owner (frankly I can do other things with ￿100k, but if I were) I would allow streaming but not high quality downloads. I would only allow that for long term customers.

Since there's a lot of free low quality porn around, having a place that's free but relatively safe should give you an edge. Also make sure you go into partnership with reputable companies, none of those crooked assholes who have pre checked cross sales and other dodgy practices. Partnerships with tricksters will only do you harm in the long term.

Alternatively you could offer very high quality beginnings to videos and sets, with lower quality for the rest. Keep most of it the same quality as the tube sites. Edited on Jan 11, 2014, 06:08pm

01-10-14  09:35am - 201 days myporn.com - first look! (73 Posts) - #25
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
I like the game analogy, especially as I used to like computer strategy war games. It took me a while to get into the idiosyncrasies and buttons of a new game, especially after playing a favourite, but after a while I usually got into the new one. It was just a case of not being lazy, and making myself learn how they worked, in order to get the best out of them.

01-08-14  05:22pm - 203 days myporn.com - first look! (73 Posts) - #4
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Personally I think it looks good. I may not remember correctly from a few years back, but I thought I heard a friend who started a website remark that dark backgrounds aren't popular. I like it.

01-03-14  08:06pm - 208 days Advanced economics (26 Posts) - #9
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by turboshaft:



Thanks, and always glad to have a new (not to mention civil) member.


Seconded. This is a very good thread, especially coming from a new member. Welcome.

Personally I would rather pay for fewer updates (there are fewer nowadays everywhere), and have quality over quantity. If the site is a good one I will pay over $30. Teen Core Club is expensive for instance. I don't think we're paying enough for porn at the moment.

What may happen is there will be free porn and expensive porn. Free porn will be used to sell advertising, while expensive porn will be quality.

12-31-13  07:17pm - 211 days Happy New Year. (8 Posts) - #2
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
I second the above. Happy New Year everyone.

12-30-13  07:05pm - 212 days A warning about an email offer that you might get (12 Posts) - #3
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Yes I got this offer too. I didn't know what "Hardcore Super Porn" was, and didn't take up their offer. Another mail offered free membership to Longbucks sites. Sometimes if you try to investigate further you can end up automatically signed up to something you don't want, so I didn't look any further to see if it was genuine.

12-25-13  01:32pm - 217 days Merry Christmas to all (9 Posts) - #5
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Merry Xmas to all the regulars.

12-20-13  07:11pm - 222 days Al Goldstein Dead at 77 (4 Posts) - #2
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
He went bankrupt some time ago, and appeared to live a rather miserable life. I can remember him taking part in, I think, an early Buttman movie. He was loud and opinionated, but came over as rather sad to me.

I suppose hardcore becoming the norm was part of the problem. Strange that someone who made such inroads into censorship, (obviously for his own pocket, but it was good for all of us) and made so much money out of a highly lucrative business, didn't end up wealthy himself (or happy for that matter).

Yep R.I.P. mainly because he helped deliver porn to a mass audience, and struck me as someone who didn't take or believe in a lot of bullshit.

12-15-13  05:00pm - 227 days Webmasters want to know! (65 Posts) - #58
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by BubbaGump:


I also prefer realism. Too much slick photography out there of the cookie-cutter variety. But everyone's taste is different.

The bottom line here is that people look at porn to get aroused. I think the producers of pornography forget this simple fact and are too concerned with volume. The erotic element gets lost in the in-your-face stuff. You end up with tons of photos and videos that look the same, feel the same, and are pretty uninspiring.

For me, 90% of the stuff out there is repetitive junk. I have subscribed to one site this year. I am not a heavy viewer of erotic stuff but I do enjoy it at times. I just don't like a lot of it because it is so extreme now. Hitting, spitting, all this junk. How can you get aroused by that? I don't get it but am nobody to tell anyone what is erotic.

Also, my pet peeve is when a photographer has a beautiful model to work with and decides to do closeups of body parts. I know what a vagina looks like. I don't need to see it magnified a hundred times in fifty different photos. And I don't need to see repetitive close-ups of some guys hairy ass in a hardcore erotic scene featuring a beautiful model.

I would just say be original, be yourself, and keep it real. Don't try to emulate something else. Offer something unique. Someone will like it and perhaps generate a new niche of fans.

To put it bluntly, I would rather subscribe to a site with very small volume that gave me a raging boner rather than a site with a zillion photos and videos that are repetitive, airbrushed nonsense.
.

I agree with just about all of this. In answer to the spitting and abuse, it may well be linked to some of the abusive comments made by porn fans on some of the sites. Unfortunately I think it maybe about abuse and hatred of women, and dissatisfaction with their own lives. Simply put, some men get off on abuse of women.

Possibly that's an extreme reaction from me. You could say all porn is about abuse of women, so maybe it's me being judgemental. All I know is I hate those things, and I hate gynaecological closeups too. Give me as much of the female as possible, the whole thing.

We have to face the truth, most of us here are not average porn lovers. Not that I could tell you what the average porn lover is, all I know is we're not it, so maybe webmasters shouldn't be listening to us, or maybe they should be listening to us, and then doing the opposite.

12-13-13  05:49pm - 229 days Jb's Blog (54 Posts) - #32
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Thanks for that one - excellent read. Personally I back nearly everything up twice. I probably have enough music and porn to last me for the rest of my life even if I do nothing but watch and listen non stop.

12-12-13  04:39pm - 230 days Psychology Study!! Please help! (13 Posts) - #10
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
I looked at the first set of questions to see what they were like but never intended answering any of them. There is far too often an agenda, and privacy can never be guaranteed. Maybe watching porn makes you paranoid.

12-04-13  03:46pm - 238 days Jb's Blog (54 Posts) - #28
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Never mind jberry, keep up the good work on an excellent and entertaining thread.

12-02-13  01:13pm - 240 days Letter to Santa (38 Posts) - #22
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by jberryl69:





Exactly. I was going to agree to something similar you said a few weeks ago, but thought even agreeing with you is a way of acknowledging, so I didn't bother. It's not like Trolls are evil, but they can be a nuisance and disrupt a forum. It's sad they have nothing else to do, so being a Troll has to be one of the saddest hobbies around.

Sorry to hear about the problems Graymane, it's awful what age will do to you, but despite those health problems, you're always one of the most entertaining and respected members here.

11-09-13  05:20pm - 263 days The Way You Get Internet Porn is About to Change (37 Posts) - #2
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Not really surprising given the increase in traffic, and governments will be happy for ISP's to discriminate against websites who have porn, politically incorrect, politically critical, or whistle blowing material. What surprises me is they have been unable to discriminate until now. It's one more inevitable step towards control of the internet.

11-07-13  09:13am - 265 days The silence is deafening (58 Posts) - #41
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
It's good to see you haven't disabled your account, so pleased to see you'll still be around. Like Turboshaft I wonder why RB did disable his account.

11-06-13  08:16pm - 266 days The silence is deafening (58 Posts) - #35
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
I have to say I'm puzzled by some of the activity fall off. Why leave or disable your account? For instance, Raging Buddhist made a post then disabled his account. Why? There seems to be no reason for the older hands not to be still occasionally contributing. Why would Cap'n announce he's leaving? Things will pick up.

I'm a minor contributor, don't post for long spells, but have never disabled my account, and don't see a reason to. I don't think Rick has been anything but honest in stating his intentions for PU, and that deserves some respect and support.

I said in another post, that in order for the new PU to survive, we need more activity from Rick, Khan, and the whole TBP organisation because clearly porn users themselves cannot keep things ticking over sufficiently. It's possible there are not enough intelligent porn users out there, capable of stringing a few sentences together, who still wish to be active members. A shame, because the original line up of PU was incredibly strong.

11-06-13  07:30am - 266 days The silence is deafening (58 Posts) - #32
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by Capn:


Rather than start yet another thread about it, I'll put my here.

With the lack of activity & the lack of information, I have less & less reason to come back here.

Currently the only activity around here seems to revolve around one thread of very doubtful taste.

Outta here now.

Cap'n.


There are a number of factors, which have been gone into. I was going to say few of the newer members seem to be able to put together an informative review then saw some Parsnip reviews and gave him a trust vote. We may not like the same things but I trust he's expressing an honest opinion, and his reviews are well thought out and put together.

I don't think things will pick up much until the new site sees the light of day. Not sure what's going on behind the scenes but with the continuing dislike and nothing being done about BangBros the jury is still out on the future of PU.

A new site always generates activity, but after the original "what do you think of the new place" comments, there will need to be more input from Rick, Khan and co to keep things ticking along when activity falls off. There needs to be continual substance to keep things going, as it has already been demonstrated that porn users by themselves are not able to do this.

10-25-13  05:58pm - 278 days Why such different opinions on BangBros? (16 Posts) - #9
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by pat362:


I have been a member of bangbros many times over the years and I've never gotten burned once by their so called bad business practices so I'm not exactly sure why we see so many bad reviews or bad comments directed only at them. Brazzer was the site that used to get the worst comments directed at them but I don't see those anymore.

If I was the type of person who saw plots where there are none then I would say that people associated with Manwin are the ones posting these comments about bangbros. They are after all probably one of the few companies that Manwin doesn't own and I guess if they can't buy them then they can try to put them out of business.


I would agree with you except messmer and BubbaGump are regular PU members and have reported unsavoury business practices. Check out their comments. They are from a few years ago (I just checked the comments are from a year ago), and BB could have cleaned up their act, and it's possible there are some shills trying to blacken their name, but there's an awful lot of mud out there. So pat, would you say that these automatic sign ups don't happen, and that they don't try to trick members? They do have pre checked cross selling for starters, so that's not a good sign. It all depends on how far the trickery goes.

PS - just in case you didn't read it here's part of the comment from messmer, one of our most reputable, respected, and liked members. He said "way too easy to do. Just click in the wrong spot and this site will be automatically added, using the credit card information you gave to Bangbros! Tiptoe very carefully through the Bangbros. tulips!

PS. Not being careful is probably what happened to whowho (comment below.)

P.P.S. I am so disgusted with the underhanded way this company is doing business now that I will let the remaining 27 days lapse without a return visit. No hardship in any case because I subscribed for the non-existent 1080p videos in the first place." Edited on Oct 25, 2013, 06:04pm

10-25-13  12:38pm - 278 days Why such different opinions on BangBros? (16 Posts) - #7
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
This is the sort of thing that could bite TGP/PU in the ass. You cannot claim integrity and still link to BangBros.

10-23-13  05:51am - 280 days Jb's Blog (54 Posts) - #3
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
A good analysis, highlighting some current business practices. I don't mind porn companies making a profit, or using practices like splitting up their network into different membership parts. What I really hate is trickery and deliberate attempts to con people out of their money.

The more it continues the less likely people will be wanting to subscribe. Imagine dodging the minefield of being a newbie subscriber, without a site like PU to warn you of extremely dodgy behaviour. It will eventually chase away the ones there are left who are willing to pay for porn.

I think as you get older you think about porn and sex a lot less. This may be more to do with the problems that arise in life, rather than just being too old for it. You are also more likely to be with a long term partner.

Graymane - ever since I joined PU there has been a "not as good as it used to be" undertone to everything. There is less activity, but not a lot less at the moment. Over the months, activity increases and decreases. Four years ago they were going into the "PU is dying where will we find some new active members from," thing. In any forum there will be a newbie flurry of activity followed by a settling down period. Things will rarely be as active and exciting as they are at the start.

10-19-13  05:15pm - 284 days Random Levity (46 Posts) - #47
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
LOL! Looked at the middle one and thought, there's nothing wrong with that balcony. Duh.

10-11-13  01:20pm - 292 days Random Levity (46 Posts) - #30
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
OMG splashback. For some reason they make me chuckle. Looks almost like Darwin Award material.

10-10-13  02:56pm - 293 days Random Levity (46 Posts) - #28
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
They are brilliant photos though!

09-26-13  08:02am - 307 days Do you have / who is your current ďitĒ girl(s) (60 Posts) - #38
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by Khan:


Ahhh ... just type the actual text and then hilight the text you want to be a link. You then just use the "Link Text" icon (3rd from the left) to insert the URL you want the text linked to.

Hope that helps.

BTW, if there's something you've seen someone do in the forum and you're not sure how to do it, never hesitate to ask. I'm happy to help where I can.


Actually I'm feeling quite chuffed with myself. After a mere five years I've recently found out how to put a highlight quote from two different people into the same reply - by using the " symbols at the top of the rectangle, then select member and copy and paste between the quote marks provided. Okay, I guess everyone but me knew how to do that anyway.

09-26-13  06:18am - 307 days The silence is deafening (58 Posts) - #29
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by Khan:


the forum and discussions aren't about me, they're about you, the actual users. Odd as it may sound, I'm not much of a porn User these days. I sign up for very few sites and because I'm not an editor or reviewer, I don't really visit the members' area of many sites.

Early in this forum's life, Rick and I agreed that this forum was about you guys and I'd stay out of most of the discussions. The forum was for you guys to get to know one another and to discuss ... well, almost anything you wanted to.

When an admin/moderator gets involved in the actual discussions it can change the whole dynamic. Certain people would feel reluctant to express opinions that were opposed to the admin's. Certain other folks would feel compelled to take an opposite opinion just because an admin felt a certain way. As I said, the dynamic of the discussions changes.

Another reason, and almost just as important, is I'd have to put a disclaimer on most of my posts to the effect ... "The opinions expressed here are my personal thoughts and feelings, they should not be confused with the opinions of any company or site I may currently work for."

And despite adding that to posts, there is inevitably someone (webmaster or user) who wants to turn my personal opinion into the official position of PU.



Originally Posted by turboshaft:

I don't know, any contribution is welcome, especially from someone who's worked online since the '90s and seen all the changes that have come and gone since that time. I defer to the experience and knowledge of anyone who has been online, and professionally at that, longer than me.turboshaft


Turboshaft is thinking along the same lines as I am. Your knowledge, perspective, and presence, would be a great addition. With Rick saying PU gets a tenth of the hits that TBP gets, there is room for improvement. Khan, I understand your perfectly logical reasons for not wanting to contribute, but I weigh this against the chance to do something different in the new place.

PU has been a small success, but this isn't, and shouldn't be a site just for Porn Users. In theory at least it's a place where Porn makers and those in the business can interact, or at least share a unique perspective. Your knowledge is unique to you; you are someone who is interesting and expresses themselves well. You're not going to be "one of the blokes," but your participation will add to, rather than subtract from, the new place.

Maybe the dynamic needs changing, because obviously PU hasn't been a 100 per cent success. If anyone wants to take an opposite view or is afraid to express a view because of your opinions, too bad, and no, you wouldn't need to put a disclaimer on everything. Rick may not like forum participation, the same may go for the rest of the reviewers, but if you're doing this as a business, it's something you should think about.

I realise the above is just my opinion, and I could be wrong. Rick has to do it his way, but from my point of view if there's going to be change, let's see something different and sparkling that's entertaining and retains interest. I want to be entertained.

09-25-13  06:51pm - 308 days All Good Things Must End ! (19 Posts) - #9
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by graymane:


Thanks, CT, for your kind words. Further, I'm deeply touched that your concern for my deteriorating health is such that I have a place in your prayers. I can't think of anything one could possibly do to trump that level of compassion for his fellow man.

I don't think I have to go into a long dissertation about my feelings concerning this precipitous choice you've now made concerning your departure from our PU family.
I think you already know. so I won't belabor the gamut of this setback.

The bonds we build here at Porn Users are so tightly knitted I'd say it's hard for anyone to really adequately process it's magnitude ... or should we care, because our colloquial exchanges on erotic fare and assorted babe delights are unmatched anywhere on the web.
"Well. damned, Graymane, how would you know that?"
I know because I've been here closing in on four years and I'm old and wise enough to embrace the validity of every word coming our of said proclamation ... An for anybody who would argue otherwise are up against a wall of futility.

How, Cybertoad, despite the vague discontent, and unnecessary panic that prevails, that you can walk away from this attentive attachment, respect, and among other things the vintage brotherhood you've garnered here, is something I struggle to fathom.

Naturally I'm very sad to see you go. And it goes without saying I'll miss your presence, and among other things the joy I get when I see a new thread from you popping on the screen. Its not gonna be the same being unable to relish reading all the good stuff you toss our way.

But, in conclusion, I have to say also I'm gravely disappointed in you for making this hasty decision. You're not being fair to yourself or to us.
Rick and Khan will drive right over this loss, maybe glancing back, but because they have an obligation to themselves and a destination to better their investment, as well as a goal for a more secure future, I applaud their fortitude
You say you're a businessman. I accept the premise You're smart and adapt at making profitable decisions.
But I don't think you're gonna step away from a plum deal simply because you have to brush over a few toe-tops to get there.

Rick and company, just like us, must and should look out for themselves when survival is at stake.
with due credit and full respect to Rick, my judgment speaks loud and clear that we should be damned grateful that he isn't closing the door in our collective faces
.

Somebody do something with this soapbox, please


Very well put. If I were an internet kid I would have simply put ^ ^ +1, but us older people like to use letters and words. It's almost revolutionary nowadays.

Originally Posted by pat362:

I'm starting to dread coming here because all I'm seeing are announcements from long time members that they are disabling their account and leaving. I hope this is not going to become a trend because I really don't want to be the last one to leave.pat362


Don't worry, you wont be. Most of the members here aren't leaving because there's no reason to. Far from it, I consider Rick deserves some bloody support and respect for what he has said. Of course, I share Cybertoad's reservations as he knows what he is talking about, and I always listen to what he has to say, but we gotta give Rick the benefit of the doubt, because of what he has achieved thus far. You have to give it a chance, in fact you have to give it quite a bit of time, because Rick didn't have to tell us anything, he could have just changed it all in a fait accompli.

09-25-13  05:48pm - 308 days All Good Things Must End ! (19 Posts) - #6
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
I'm sorry to see him go, but he'll be back. I'm not sure what he means by "destructive interaction," it's just a forum, but as forums go, it's as good as any I've seen. It's always sad to see the original members leave but we've held on to most of them. There's a lot of good stuff here, and the core will transfer to the new place and evolve. I'm surprised how much of this free evening I have devoted to PU. Time to get back to some more TV and chill out. Edited on Sep 25, 2013, 05:51pm

09-25-13  03:02pm - 308 days The silence is deafening (58 Posts) - #22
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Khan says he likes to stay out of our threads. Rick says posting on the forum distracts him and takes up too much of his working time. First of all they aren't our threads. Rick/Khan and the rest of you, this is your site, and I think staying away is a mistake. Has it ever occurred to you both that, since this is your place, we look forward to reading your posts and observations? Being in the industry gives you a different perspective to the rest of us, so your opinions are entertaining and interesting. You need to be here more not less. Your presence makes the site more entertaining, and I want to be entertained. Interact and survive or remain aloof and die.

I still don't see where the problem is, not now. There would be a problem if everything was being wiped out but it isn't. Rick has made the mistake of treating people like human beings rather than customers, and unusually given people here the privilege of finding out about his plans long before they see the light of day, and even asking their opinions. A few of the members here are overreacting and kicking him in the bollocks.

I don't see any problems now, mainly due to what Rick and Khan have said. I'm not worried, in fact I'm excited by the prospect of something new and stimulating. This is progress. If PU only gets a tenth of the hits that TBP gets, there's plenty of room for growth. Let's face it, some of the content on here hasn't been brilliant. Design and ideas move on. Let's see what they come up with. It's not like we're paying for it.

The more I think about it the more I think Rick is right. If anyone wants to leave I'm going to miss them, but I think the core of us will be staying to see what the new places are like. If the core goes along, there's a chance new design, style, and ideas, will attract another generation. Coming from one of the most negative people I know this is sort of strange - stop the negativity.

09-25-13  11:45am - 308 days All Good Things Must End ! (19 Posts) - #2
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
I don't mind being the first to comment. It was inevitable, but will give you a break, time to reflect, and enable you to focus more on the positive things. I think taking a break, even from a hobby, is good, because even hobbies can become boring and leave you feeling jaded. Your contributions will be missed.

I don't see many personal attacks or spiteful attacks on here, just disagreements. It is okay to disagree, and this is one of the most civilized places to do that.

Maybe I was wrong and you're not angry, just despairing and fed up. Time to take a break, then come back when you feel like it. Edited on Sep 25, 2013, 11:49am

1-50 of 693 Posts Page 1 2 4 6 8 13 14 Next Page >


Home - Sites - Users - Reviews - Comments - Categories - Forum

Contact Us - Announcements - FAQ's - Terms & Rules - Porn Review - Webmasters

Protecting Minors
We are strong supporters of RTA and ICRA, two of the most recognized self labeling organizations. Our site is properly labeled to assist in the protection of minors accessing inappopriate content. For information about filtering tools, check this site.

DISCLAIMER: ALL MODELS APPEARING ON THIS WEBSITE ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER.

To report child pornography, go directly to ASACP!  We're proud to be a corporate sponsor.
Have concerns or questions about porn addiction?  We recommend this helpful resource.

Copyright © 2007 Ranks.com, Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.


Loaded in 0.21 seconds.