Welcome GUEST!      CREATE ACCOUNT - Forgot Password?

Create an account to share your experiences and more!

E-MAIL   PASS  

Auto Log-in Future Sessions (on this computer).
User Forum Our new user message board where users talk porn!
Porn Users Forum » User Ranks » User Post History

Post History: Schirm (3)

Filtering Options Select Option
Keyword Search
     Find within...  
View Options All Posts (19)  |   Threads Started (6)

1-18 of 18 Posts Page 1

08-31-14  12:38am - 20 days Based on experience - why bother join pay sites? (15 Posts) - #15
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Originally Posted by pat362:


^Than I must conclude that my original thought about your post was a way to talk about people going the free porn route and how there is nothing wrong with doing that because porn studios are cheaters out to screw customers.

Of course that is just my opinion so you can go ahead and write whatever you like as I will no longer read or add anything to this thread.


I completely deny Pats wrong conclusion and false assumption about my intention: this is the second attempt to hijack this thread by Pat by poiting his finger to the "free route".

This thread is about pay sites only. Adult pay sites are supposed to be legitimate businesses and open to critique just like any other legitimate business on a free market.

Many pay sites, again in general terms, puts deliberate effort into various attemps to cheat their customers by unfair membership terms, cross-selling, regional pricing etc.

I now find myself reluctant to join pay sites because of such practices, which seems so widespread that sites can justifiy their own participation by saying "we just do what everybody else already does".

With the basic trust gone, what reason are there for pay sites to expect new members to join and stay? Would not the whole "industry" benefit by raising its standards and better adher to sound customer practices? What are you fellow members views and opinions on this?

In other words - back to topic

08-30-14  11:25am - 20 days Based on experience - why bother join pay sites? (15 Posts) - #13
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Originally Posted by pat362:


^All right than if you think that paid sites are bad than what is your suggestion for anyone wanting to watch porn? Be advised that it can't be something that doesn't exist because no one can join an idea. I need suggestions for existing products that you enjoy now or did in the last year.


Sorry dear Pat, go advise and demand suggestions elsewhere. I wont be feeding your obvious need to defend bad practices and lacking quality among pay sites.

08-30-14  08:37am - 20 days Based on experience - why bother join pay sites? (15 Posts) - #11
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Originally Posted by Khan:


Schirm, no-one (at least not me) is accusing you of anything so there's no reason to become defensive.




Thank you for clarifying that.

Originally Posted by Khan:


As I said, no-one is accusing you of promoting tube sites. However, you did say, "Ownership and economy of tube sites are fascinating topics, and deserve a proper topic separate from my posting here if you would like a proper response from me." and "I would gladly discuss tubesites, but thats a different topic not belonging here."


That was said clearly in reply to Pat, and I have no intention of starting such a topic.

Originally Posted by Khan:


So, if you never plan to do any of those things, fantastic, we're good.


Yes, we are!

To bring this thread back to topic: my concern is the obvious shortcomings mentioned above: lacking technical quality such as low bitrates compared to source dvd material, and widespread bad practices against customers/members.

Cross-selling, regional pricing, ads, spamming and other means of deceptive methods which members/customers are subjected to by pay sites should be banned from any internet business to be considered safe, trustworthy and serious.

TBP and PU does warn for cross-selling, but takes no further action against such sites, and use a scoring system with no bearing on such shortcomings.

In lack of proper legislation, it would be welcome if the "industry" set their own standards higher, so that their customers wouldnt have to be worried about being spammed, subjected to charges not actively and intentionally agreed upon etc.

Generally speaking, with the sites mentioned above in mind, I more or less has to begin any joining process by distrusting that very site from start: they are expected to try deceiving me into agreements with precheck boxes at more or less obvious positions. I cannot even be sure of getting the stated usual 30 days of membership if I dont want any recurring charges: I have already experienced problems in cancelling memberships, a process which by many site terms now can take days. Comments on brazzers even suggests membership will end the very same day if cancelled in advance.

So - why bother with paysites? In general terms, paysites seems to put more effort into maintaining a supposedly shady reputation commonly associated with adult business, instead of clearly commit themselves to improvment and set high standards. Here I feel both PU and TBP could do more, and therefore I started this topic to get member views on this.

In other words: back to topic Edited on Aug 30, 2014, 08:43am

08-29-14  09:01pm - 21 days Based on experience - why bother join pay sites? (15 Posts) - #9
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Originally Posted by Khan:


I know there are tons of good pay sites out there. But I also know if you only subscribe to budget sites who's target audience are those looking for large volume then you can't be too surprised when you don't get the cream of the crop.


Most of the sites I explicitly mentioned in my post are top rated here on PU, and if they dont belong in the cream of the crop, which site does?

Originally Posted by Khan:


But hey, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But they are not entitled to use our forum to promote tube sites. But maybe he didn't intend that as much as he just hoped to open a dialog on quality pay sites.


Could you please explain on what basis the claim I might promote tube sites is founded?

08-29-14  09:30am - 21 days Based on experience - why bother join pay sites? (15 Posts) - #5
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Originally Posted by AWpress:


Paysites ought not to spam their customer-base; if you pay to use a site, you shouldn't have to expect ads, and certainly not malware. The quality should be higher. Navigation should be safer and easier.


The very existence of pay sites clearly shows people are willing to pay, and so am I, thats why Im here on PU. Maybe pay sites would do better if they better adhered to the very basics of a sound business practice you stated above.

Originally Posted by AWpress:


For the industry as a whole to overcome freeporn, paid porn will need to offer similar or better range than the free stuff. At the moment, videobox is the best example of that, but there's still a long way to go. The folks here are working on a site called myporn.com that seems to be aiming at similar goalposts (a single curated and aggregated resource). Porn needs a netflix, itunes, spotify, steam, googleplay equivalent.

Disclaimer: the above opinion comes from someone working for a paysite.


Am glad there seems to be hope. May I ask what site you work for?

08-29-14  09:14am - 21 days Based on experience - why bother join pay sites? (15 Posts) - #4
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Originally Posted by pat362:


I don't know if the thrust of your post is to advocate going the free porn route but if it isn't than it certainly looks like it.


Thats a low from from you dear Pat. My concern for technical video quality is as obvious in my post as its lacking in tube sites.

I prefer to dismiss your wrong assumption with a harsh reality check: tube sites exists and is a market reality. Wether pay sites likes it or not, they are competing with free.

Some tube and pay sites might share owners, who use one to promote the other. I would gladly discuss tubesites, but thats a different topic not belonging here. My topic concerns pay sites only.

Originally Posted by pat362:


The only reason why you should always go the pay site route is because if you don't then you forever lose the right to offer an opinion about porn because you didn't pay for it. Worse you stole it. Here is an example. If a restaurant offers free samples and you say that they aren't very good after tasting them than that's okay because you didn't have to buy them to taste them. If you steal the food than just shut up about the quality as it didn't cost you anything but it certainly cost the restaurant money to make that food.


There is no reason to embrace "pay site routes" or any other business "route" where paying customers are subjected to dubious tricks as a consequence of deliberate business decisions.

Originally Posted by pat362:


The main reason why you should pay for porn is because nothing in life is free. What you think of as free tube porn is in fact porn that people like me and many others have paid for. if we all used tube sites than there would be less porn getting made and most of what would be made would be pretty mediocre or bad. Case in point the current state of the porn industry in the world. There are tons of studios that were active less than a decade ago that are not anymore. They didn't choose to stop making porn. They simply couldn't afford to do it for free.


Ownership and economy of tube sites are fascinating topics, and deserve a proper topic separate from my posting here if you would like a proper response from me.

Originally Posted by pat362:


1-Videobox is an amazing site to join because you get many thousands of movies for less than 15$. The quality is not the greatest on many of them but that's because those movies are often 5 or more years old and many of them are significantly older. The quality may not be great but it's still superior to most Tube sites.


Theres nothing amazing about poor quality and other remarks in recent reviews. A Videobox with bitrates/technical quality on source dvd level would however be amazing and have me as a long-time member.

Originally Posted by pat362:


2-I grant you that anal educator is not a good example to use when talking about paying for porn because the content is a few years old and the guy who owns it is sort of a dick but the great thing is that you don't have to join it to find out about it.


Word!

Originally Posted by pat362:


3-RK is another great site with many thousands of videos which you can access for less than 20$. There is some kind of daily download limit but read rearadmirals recent review to find out that it's not as clear cut as you make it seem. Even if it is than a one month membership will still give you about 300G of videos. Seeing as only the videos since 2010 are in HD than you should be able to download most of their library in one month.


Its hard not to take offense by your biased assumptions: go read the site terms yourself to find the figure 10GB clearly stated. Should the terms not be clear on this, please dont blame me for how the site presents their terms. You are welcome to your opinions, but please respect I find your constant admiration of pay sites bad practices increasingly biased in their favour.

Originally Posted by pat362:


4-Brazzer is an amazing site with again many thousands of videos which you get for less than 20$. They may do some cross-selling but then again every site does it and most tube sites do the same. I'm not aware of the clicking somewhere and getting charged for something because I was a member for over 2 years and that never happened to me.


There is no real excuse for cross-selling, and in EU this practice is now illegal. Ignorance might be a bliss, but Lester1's comment thread on brazzers seem to disagree with your opinion stated above.

Dear Pat, obviously you dont share my concerns and I really do respect your opinion. Am sorry if you take personal offense by me critizing your beloved sites, but we all have our own opinions.

08-28-14  02:10pm - 22 days Based on experience - why bother join pay sites? (15 Posts) - Original Post - #1
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Based on experience - why bother join pay sites?

Maybe it was the very existence of Pornusers.com and the reviews here that made me overccme my initial hesitation and gave it a try to join pay sites with adult content.

For me the most obvious reason to join a paysite is to get quality: the bitrate and technical quality of dvds has set the standard for me, and tubesites obviously fail hard in this aspect.

With experience gained from a few different memberships, and more reviews here on PU, I now find myself hesitating once again.

Thanks to at least one in a very limited group of well-renowned paysites my email account has become heavily spammed. I will never join neither of the suspected sites again.

Since then I considered to join but decided against the following sites:

Videobox: great collection of dvd movies, which when it comes to technical quality has more in common with free tube sites than the source dvd material. Pay for lousy, inferior quality? Of course not.

Anal educator: site has obvious problems with currency converters and should as far as Im concerned be avoided based on their history of business decisions and customer relation practices. Trust gone during the joining process.

Reality kings: membership terms limit daily download to 10 gb. For me download is the only option (my mediaplayer dont stream from web). 10 gb HD material per day is next to nothing - why even bother??

Brazzers: cross-selling (which is now illegal in EU) and many comments here on PU mention aggressive and sneaky advertising/membership offerings. Click somewhere and get billed for some unwanted service? NO THANKS!

I would happily pay for quality in both technical and customer relation standards, but for some reason a free, open global internet market gives convincing examples of the very opposite.

So why bother? I welcome your views and experiences on this subject.

03-26-14  02:10pm - 177 days What would the social consequences be if your porn habits/PU nickname ... (21 Posts) - Original Post - #1
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
What would the social consequences be if your porn habits/PU nickname ...

... became public knowledge at home, neighbours, among collegues at work etc?

On my own behalf I would expect feeling very embarrased and receiving a mix of reactions from disinterest to mild condescenting pity, but limited amount of more serious denunciation.

03-26-14  01:55pm - 177 days Why so few female members here? (37 Posts) - #28
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Dear YankeeBastard, would you mind tell that story to a new member like me?

Not knowing what happened before, I would prefer to disagree with you. Here on PU I have found no private messaging function to harrass members with, alert members and staff like Khan, and I simply assume that the only way to contact other members privatly is by mail, and if a member not whishes to receive other members email that function can be stopped?

My impression so far is more like PU is a gentlemens club with polite and interested members, who in some kind of voluntary isolation inside this forum knows just as much of a ladys visual appearance as we have no clue whats going on inside their minds.

On the related site TheBestPorn.com, are the avatar reviewing ladies just a front for male/s?

03-24-14  06:05pm - 179 days Spam after leaving pay site? (5 Posts) - #5
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Interesting how the amount of spam grows and the spamfilter struggles to keep up... and this increase will never end?!

Spam obviously triggers more spam, which means this beloved email adress of mine eventually will be flooded beyond help.

What kind of income increase would a site expect by selling their customers email address to spammers?

03-24-14  05:25pm - 179 days Why so few female members here? (37 Posts) - #26
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Dear mr Kahn, I humbly stand corrected. You obviously care for your members regardless of gender and my assumption was not correct.

03-24-14  05:19pm - 179 days Shortlist of warning signs for bad sites? (9 Posts) - #10
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Dear jberryl69: well.. if something is worth doing, its worth doing good

I'm somewhat afraid of the practical consequences should two more obvious signs be added to Wittyguys list above:

(6.) Sites where the signup process begins with a request for the customers email adress.
(7.) Sites which denies the customer the choice of which among the available billers to use.

In theory this would be easy to spot, but if applied to reality I fear that very few if any sites would remain.

To what degree do you fellow members find this to be acceptable business practice, and what motivates you to reward such sites with high scores when writing reviews?

03-23-14  11:20am - 180 days Shortlist of warning signs for bad sites? (9 Posts) - #5
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Dear Pat... your amount of typing is beginning to impress me

Any suggestions on where to find lp:s and giorgio grandi's scenes on some more trustworthy sites?

03-23-14  05:18am - 181 days Shortlist of warning signs for bad sites? (9 Posts) - Original Post - #1
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Shortlist of warning signs for bad sites?

I was googling for Sineplex and found a paysite which somehow gave an impression of maybe not being the most reliable... and there came this question: How to know if a site is "safe" to join? Are there some obvious warning signs one can look for?

Now I have no idea if that site is good or bad, but by looking at it I thought:

1. Domain changes: clicking on sineplex.com -> legalporno.com
2. Strange or complex options: "Join or buy tkt"
3. Clicking on help-button takes me to a registration page?

If this site is fully legitimate etc then please understand I only use it as an example and do not mean any harm to it.

What would you say are the most obvious warning signs to look out for before joining a site?

03-23-14  04:56am - 181 days Why so few female members here? (37 Posts) - #24
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Nice to see my first posting got so many contributions

Am pretty sure ladies enjoy watching too, but if it was a big step for me to start joining paysites and finding PU interesting, the same apply to females and the step might be bigger.

Is there anyone with insight to paysites who could offer some real world information about female memberships? DDF-Ace maybe?

One minor thing which probably dont matter much but still could help make female members feel more welcome, would be a small change to one of the "badges". Earning a "Male profile" badge wouldnt encourage me much if I was a lady signing up here... Edited on Mar 23, 2014, 05:00am

03-21-14  02:22pm - 182 days Spam after leaving pay site? (5 Posts) - #3
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Guess I learned my lessons the hard way. Dont pay for porn and dont question why porn is considered to be lacking by moral standards.

After many years with no porn-related spam at all to that email adress, its a very contradictory feeling to be receiving spam after trying to do the right thing and paying for media content which is freely available with the benefit of zero spam risks attached.

Trust is what both credit card details and email adresses should have in common. With no trust no customers ergo no business, which of course in an elegant way explains why porn companies and spam go so well together.

03-08-14  10:34am - 195 days Spam after leaving pay site? (5 Posts) - Original Post - #1
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Spam after leaving pay site?

Recently I decided to leave one site which usually gets very good reviews here on PU.

This was neither easy nor a good experience. It was really troublesome for me and it took several emails to get a confirmation from the site.

Very shortly afterwards I started receiving spam to the very email adress used when joining this site. This emailadress is otherwise rarely used.

This can of course be pure coincidence, but the circumstance is not to this sites favour.

The spams were pretty easy to trace and seems to come from a known spam domain, with adresses made up of several variants of www.l*ns*y-m*rq*ez.us, where the lady name varies. (masking the adress for obvious reasons, dont want to contribute to their business)

Im curious if any of you other members are receiving them as well, and wether they can be associated with some specific paysite/s.

I have refrained from publicly naming the site I suspect, and my intention is not to do so for now.

12-28-13  12:51am - 266 days Why so few female members here? (37 Posts) - Original Post - #1
Schirm (3)
Active User

Posts: 19
Registered: Dec 27, '13
Location: Sweden
Why so few female members here?

Based on a quick browse through the recently active member profiles, its obvious that not many females are present here.

How come? If PU members are representative for those who choose to pay for internet porn, its obvious this is a male only phenomenon.

Any thoughts on this topic are welcome. Just curious

1-18 of 18 Posts Page 1


Home - Sites - Users - Reviews - Comments - Categories - Forum

Contact Us - Announcements - FAQ's - Terms & Rules - Porn Review - Webmasters

Protecting Minors
We are strong supporters of RTA and ICRA, two of the most recognized self labeling organizations. Our site is properly labeled to assist in the protection of minors accessing inappopriate content. For information about filtering tools, check this site.

DISCLAIMER: ALL MODELS APPEARING ON THIS WEBSITE ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER.

To report child pornography, go directly to ASACP!  We're proud to be a corporate sponsor.
Have concerns or questions about porn addiction?  We recommend this helpful resource.

Copyright © 2007 Ranks.com, Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.


Loaded in 0.03 seconds.