Welcome GUEST!      CREATE ACCOUNT - Forgot Password?

Create an account to share your experiences and more!

E-MAIL   PASS  

Auto Log-in Future Sessions (on this computer).
Forum Thread A note about the site and any replies from other users.
Porn Users Forum » The silence is deafening
1-50 of 58 Posts Page 1 2 Next Page >
 
Thread Nav :  Refresh Page  |   First Post  |   Last Post  |   Porn Forum Home

09-23-13  07:22pm - 332 days Original Post - #1
graymane (31)
Active User



Posts: 1,335
Registered: Feb 20, '10
Location: Virginia
The silence is deafening

Where is everybody?
It's getting so anymore when I post something I'm hearing an echo.
What's left to be said about this waning interaction that's sweeping the Creme de la creme of Internet's premier host of "we the people" reviewers? Saviors of would-be victims choosing wrong pay-sites; they who blindly submit to thirty-day trash; The downtrodden chance-takers haven to get a fair shake for their hard-earned greenbacks?

Is this exodus what we're to expect until we throw down our arms and surrender to this inevitable who-knows-what?
Got any ideas of posting your assessment of bumps in the road ahead until D-day?

09-23-13  10:05pm - 332 days #2
Cybertoad (104)
Active User



Posts: 2,023
Registered: Jan 01, '08
Location: Wash
GM, LOL I feel like the groups I told you so guy.
I wrote Rick and Khan way back before summer in the beginning over what I felt was ( my opinion as a business consultant in the real world I get paid to figure such stuff out and Logistics are my specialty lol )
I felt was a bad idea, being done at the wrong time on low swing end of porn world wide. I have heard the reasons, but that does not change a new site may end up being a Ghost town like PU is now, and the slide became hugely noticeable when change was announced.
A new site may cost more and may eat up even more money.
The affects of slowing down was not because PU sucked it was economy ( also my opinion) so building a new site hypothetically wont change anything in fact with so many absent regulars GM and now looks like existing sadly my prediction may have sadly been dead on.
I am holding on ( for now ) to help support the move but my delete mind set says why bother every time I log in. Still here not leaving but staying is not easy. I say that in hopes others will stick it out long enough to see what occurs.

09-23-13  10:37pm - 332 days #3
Capn (28)
Active User



Posts: 1,696
Registered: Sep 05, '09
Location: Near the Beer!
I have to say, I feel the same way.

Cap'n. Admiral of the PU Hindenburg. 2009 PU Award
Hilarious Post of the Year 2010 PU Award
( I would have preferred it to be Helpful Post of the Year for Guys who Hate 'Retail Therapy' ) :0/
Sanity is in the eye of the Beholder!

09-24-13  12:57am - 332 days #4
Ed2009 (7)
Active Webmaster




Posts: 491
Registered: Sep 12, '09
Location: Wales, UK
It's the same story in all the adult forums/networks I know of, even the adult webmaster forums are pretty dead these days. The industry is changing (there's a lot less people in it for starters) and the Internet is constantly moving on.

With changes to the laws around the world making it increasingly difficult and expensive to run adult sites, credit card companies charging us more and more, more mainstream sites tightening up rules regarding adult content and links, its still becoming more and more of a challenge to run a site. Then, of course, Google's new algorithm that attempts to categorise sites is having an affect too. Their ultimate aim is unless you're searching for a porn term you won't find a porn site. It's a good aim, but it kills a huge amount of passing traffic for adult sites.

Most of the UK based sites I know have shut down or moved abroad in the last few months, and the situation in the US doesn't look much rosier.

I don't know why the market is so depressed, but it seems to be the same everywhere. Topsites, banner exchanges, tube sites, blogs, forums etc. all seem to be suffering a prolonged drop in activity and traffic. Webmaster of StripGameCentral and A Measure of Curiosity.

09-24-13  04:56am - 331 days #5
graymane (31)
Active User



Posts: 1,335
Registered: Feb 20, '10
Location: Virginia
Originally Posted by Ed2009:


It's the same story in all the adult forums/networks I know of, even the adult webmaster forums are pretty dead these days. The industry is changing (there's a lot less people in it for starters) and the Internet is constantly moving on.

With changes to the laws around the world making it increasingly difficult and expensive to run adult sites, credit card companies charging us more and more, more mainstream sites tightening up rules regarding adult content and links, its still becoming more and more of a challenge to run a site. Then, of course, Google's new algorithm that attempts to categorise sites is having an affect too. Their ultimate aim is unless you're searching for a porn term you won't find a porn site. It's a good aim, but it kills a huge amount of passing traffic for adult sites.

Most of the UK based sites I know have shut down or moved abroad in the last few months, and the situation in the US doesn't look much rosier.

I don't know why the market is so depressed, but it seems to be the same everywhere. Topsites, banner exchanges, tube sites, blogs, forums etc. all seem to be suffering a prolonged drop in activity and traffic.


They say a picture is worth a thousand words ..... Well Big Ed, you've just painted us a vivid portrait resolute of "porn Armageddon."

I think its only befitting, while Ed is still with us, that a few words on his behalf be said in honor of the monumental contribution he's made to us and this site:
To wit:
Ever since I came on board here at PU, ED, I recall somewhere during that interim having discovered your presence, more importantly was the fact you were a webmaster, and even more surprising is you're the only one to my knowledge who holds that title who's stuck with us up to this day.
And that's just the beginning. Apart from insightful industry behavior you've shared with us, which in itself has been an educational smorgasbord in the territory of porn related matters, especially as it has to do with our welfare -- all of which are gifts too voluminous to even begin to mention.
And the most extraordinary memories I have about this man, that for all practical purposes transcends believability , is the fact that not once have I saw evidence bordering on even a Nano-fraction of a hint of him promoting his websites on PU's domain.
Tis a long-dwelling stroke of good fortune accorded this site that we've had him on our turf.
May for the grace of all that compensates the good-of-man ..... that OUR ED survives this apparent economic curse that's seemingly approaching this industry.

09-24-13  06:09am - 331 days #6
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Yeah Ed's a good'un. He's always provided insight and a different perspective.

I am not as negative as some, as porn will always be an earner. There's been a porn downturn but there has been so much of it produced in recent years there was going to have to be some sort of correction with the weakest failing. One of my worries is the nastiest and biggest porn cheats will draw money away from the more honest, customer oriented and reputable ones.

I don't see the new TBP sites as being a rearrangement of chairs on the Titanic, because porn isn't the Titanic; it's going to survive, and people are going to make money. The new sites will survive if they're good enough, and if there's a market for them.

09-24-13  06:09am - 331 days #7
graymane (31)
Active User



Posts: 1,335
Registered: Feb 20, '10
Location: Virginia
And to PU's two stalwarts who've been an inspiration to me, and I hope to all who've benefited from their tenacious calling for opening up opportunities to get things started and maintained in our forum and reviews section.
Their continuing hard work is paramount in making this site's marked achievements stand out and be recognized.

For that and many other reasons brought forth -- please recognize among PU's finest the CAP'N.
And liken-to a hydro-fuel injected dynamo and master computer key-stoker --may I present The inimitable man of PU's hour, CyberToad.

09-24-13  06:24am - 331 days #8
graymane (31)
Active User



Posts: 1,335
Registered: Feb 20, '10
Location: Virginia
Originally Posted by TheSquirrel:


Yeah Ed's a good'un. He's always provided insight and a different perspective.

I am not as negative as some, as porn will always be an earner. There's been a porn downturn but there has been so much of it produced in recent years there was going to have to be some sort of correction with the weakest failing. One of my worries is the nastiest and biggest porn cheats will draw money away from the more honest, customer oriented and reputable ones.

I don't see the new TBP sites as being a rearrangement of chairs on the Titanic, because porn isn't the Titanic; it's going to survive, and people are going to make money. The new sites will survive if they're good enough, and if there's a market for them.


Well said Squirrel. And you've put it all together in your usual unarguable perspective. I'd consider it a great privilege to have you represent me the next time I have to make a court appearance.
Thanks, 'ol buddy for the visit. always a treat havin' you drop by.

09-24-13  08:18am - 331 days #9
Cybertoad (104)
Active User



Posts: 2,023
Registered: Jan 01, '08
Location: Wash
Originally Posted by Ed2009:



I don't know why the market is so depressed, but it seems to be the same everywhere. Topsites, banner exchanges, tube sites, blogs, forums etc. all seem to be suffering a prolonged drop in activity and traffic.


Well Ed, not that I have all the answers, but as I said this is what I do for a living. Heres at least what I found since 2006 until now bare with me.

History shows that war makes money go around, like George Bush or not he helped create a war that boosted profits, PU/TBP and every site owner will tell you 2002-2010 were great years to be selling porn. Why you ask ? The war he created was good until the new administration was promising to end the War, and like every war before it post industry profits go down after the war ends its economics. I made so much money in the early 2000 it was disgusting it was like people were throng money at me. Now I have to go get work .

Ok back to the point, porn is based on lets be honest here addictions and vice keep porn working well a good economy and good jobs keeps porn moving. Obama has not done what he said he would and sadly most presidents don't either. But his failure is similar to President Carters, you come out of war time and fail to hold the economic boom in place.
Carter wanted pieace, peace is not good for business, strong military and war are good for the economy.

From 1990-2000 was a great time to be alive new internet and a wide platform. I was rich back then, had money to burn. And that was after a war that kept it going. The same in the 1950's,60, 70, 80, 90, and early 2000's were great time and what they all have in common is they are after war times.

People now days are scared, people are spending money on supplies and guns. You tell people they can't have something no matter what it is the buy more. Colt gun manufacturing tripled their profits from 2012 in the first quarter 2013 thats insane and all firearms manufacturers did the same.

The bottom line is the economy will not sustain on its own, doubt what I say just pull up housing markets and see how they did during war times and right after. Job are always good. Yet few years after a war it peeters out. Always has.

Not convinced yet ?
Ok the Roman Empire, was amazingly powerful and profitable.
Why did it fail ........anyone ? NO WARS.... they stop conquering downsized their military and the economy collapsed.

Sure in a perfect world we would all sit around the fire singing Kumbya and holding hands. People need to wake up and smell the coffee. Taking guns hurt the economy, down sizing military hurts the economy. Like it or not the world survives due to violence and wars. Ask the Russians, do you know 45% of their Gross national product is selling military supplies ? What would occur if they stopped making and selling arms. Russia has huge supplies of Titanium what would they use that for with no wars. Make coffee cups.

The point is Wars were good for porn, people get sad and depressed nothing like some pussy and boobs to make men feel in control of their lives, You take men take their jobs take their guns make them live off of 1/3 pay of unemployment what the hell do you think will happen ?

I know porn often supports the more Liberal America, and thats the downfall. Because democracy and liberalism do not work well together. No time in the history of man has passive behavior granted wealth. Hey I don't like wars or violence. But I also know porns dark side is their investors rely on war and to boost profits.

Watch the movies, the biggest anti-gun violent people star in movies where people die and get shot. They show boobs and sex and those are movies most men enjoy. Ya sounds Hypocritical. Sylvester Stallone, was once a porn star and is kills everything that moves in his films. He is also very anti-war and guns. Ya go figure a guy that Stars in Rambo and a Bullet To The Head films is Liberal.
Video games are the same the new GTA is amazing it has hookers, sex and guns woo hoo. Designed by Liberal game manufactures. Why ? Because they know Guns and Sex like war sells.

Still not sold on CT insight ? hehe.
Ok Take the challenge, go to your local video store and look at the Movies released since 2010. There was a 70% increase on violent movies released during that time until now. End a war. NewTown shooting happens and violence everywhere you watch TV. Is it getting through yet ?

People thrive on violence and businesses do well when it does. Porn, is in trouble because people want peace. Porn is a vice for when people need and outlet. You take away their man hood by ending wars and taking guns and losing jobs porn will suffer and men will get frustrated in why Porn does not work anymore for then. That's because alone porn will not make you feel worthy.
I know I am the black sheep around here,but I am good at what I do because I do not take political sides I belong to no party to vote never have and I look at the economy from a logical realistic view. Ya so both sides end up hating me lol.

My take based on economic evidence, not guessing and based on 10,0000 years of how humans work. And 100 years of war and poverty. Peace is bad business sad, sick twisted as that is, its true.



Cybertoad Out !


PS is there hope, you betcha, stop taking rights and jobs away and let men feel useful and wanted and it will occur.
Powerful men seek out sex thats a fact depression can not sustain porn alone.

09-24-13  12:34pm - 331 days #10
graymane (31)
Active User



Posts: 1,335
Registered: Feb 20, '10
Location: Virginia
Originally Posted by Cybertoad:




Cybertoad Out !
.


Whew! That was some long-winded piece of work , Bro.
Much obliged for that outstanding outlay of seasoned wisdom.
We've all failed, but you might just be the guy to bate Khan into running for Office. You'd be perfect at taking on the task of being his stump. then it's onward to campaign manager .
Khan would have this Porn problem solved before you can chugalug a six pack.

09-24-13  03:02pm - 331 days #11
Capn (28)
Active User



Posts: 1,696
Registered: Sep 05, '09
Location: Near the Beer!
On a related note.

I have never understood why it is perfectly acceptable to watch films depicting mass violence blood, murder, gore & horror; yet it is frowned upon if as much as one naked female breast is shown.

Now that is one totally bizarre concept, that seldom seems to raise an eyebrow!

Cap'n. Admiral of the PU Hindenburg. 2009 PU Award
Hilarious Post of the Year 2010 PU Award
( I would have preferred it to be Helpful Post of the Year for Guys who Hate 'Retail Therapy' ) :0/
Sanity is in the eye of the Beholder!

09-24-13  03:20pm - 331 days #12
Capn (28)
Active User



Posts: 1,696
Registered: Sep 05, '09
Location: Near the Beer!
Originally Posted by graymane:


And to PU's two stalwarts who've been an inspiration to me, and I hope to all who've benefited from their tenacious calling for opening up opportunities to get things started and maintained in our forum and reviews section.
Their continuing hard work is paramount in making this site's marked achievements stand out and be recognized.

For that and many other reasons brought forth -- please recognize among PU's finest the CAP'N.
And liken-to a hydro-fuel injected dynamo and master computer key-stoker --may I present The inimitable man of PU's hour, CyberToad.


Well, from time to time we all have to step back & regroup for the next onslaught.

I am still just as passionate about this as I ever was.
I just that these days I often get tired & frustrated from the lack of results from the raging!

Another point; remember though, you too have pulled more than your fair share of the weight G, my friend.

Cap'n. Admiral of the PU Hindenburg. 2009 PU Award
Hilarious Post of the Year 2010 PU Award
( I would have preferred it to be Helpful Post of the Year for Guys who Hate 'Retail Therapy' ) :0/
Sanity is in the eye of the Beholder!

09-24-13  06:30pm - 331 days #13
pat362 (367)
Active User



Posts: 2,911
Registered: Jan 23, '07
Location: canada
Originally Posted by Capn:


On a related note.

I have never understood why it is perfectly acceptable to watch films depicting mass violence blood, murder, gore & horror; yet it is frowned upon if as much as one naked female breast is shown.


That is true but HBO and a few other cable channels have started to change that. Just look at a show like Games of Thrones where it's just as common to see in one scene a guy get skewed by a sword and in the next a full on nude scene with some softcore sex to go with it.

The lines between sex industry and mainstream media have slowly been disappearing to the point that you may very well see a pseudo celebrity have an actual sex scene on a major cable company. Not today but maybe within the next 10 years. Of course the porn industry is likely to be very different by then anyway. Long live the Brown Coats.

09-25-13  07:01am - 330 days #14
Ed2009 (7)
Active Webmaster




Posts: 491
Registered: Sep 12, '09
Location: Wales, UK
Originally Posted by graymane:


They say a picture is worth a thousand words ..... Well Big Ed, you've just painted us a vivid portrait resolute of "porn Armageddon."

I think its only befitting, while Ed is still with us, that a few words on his behalf be said in honor of the monumental contribution he's made to us and this site:
To wit:
Ever since I came on board here at PU, ED, I recall somewhere during that interim having discovered your presence, more importantly was the fact you were a webmaster, and even more surprising is you're the only one to my knowledge who holds that title who's stuck with us up to this day.
And that's just the beginning. Apart from insightful industry behavior you've shared with us, which in itself has been an educational smorgasbord in the territory of porn related matters, especially as it has to do with our welfare -- all of which are gifts too voluminous to even begin to mention.
And the most extraordinary memories I have about this man, that for all practical purposes transcends believability , is the fact that not once have I saw evidence bordering on even a Nano-fraction of a hint of him promoting his websites on PU's domain.
Tis a long-dwelling stroke of good fortune accorded this site that we've had him on our turf.
May for the grace of all that compensates the good-of-man ..... that OUR ED survives this apparent economic curse that's seemingly approaching this industry.


Wow! Thank you, Graymane. I hope I'm not being unfair to anyone else when I say that your post is the most positive and pleasing response I have had to any of my posts. Thank you again, your kind words are very much appreciated. Webmaster of StripGameCentral and A Measure of Curiosity.

09-25-13  08:14am - 330 days #15
Cybertoad (104)
Active User



Posts: 2,023
Registered: Jan 01, '08
Location: Wash
Originally Posted by graymane:


Whew! That was some long-winded piece of work , Bro.
Much obliged for that outstanding outlay of seasoned wisdom.
We've all failed, but you might just be the guy to bate Khan into running for Office. You'd be perfect at taking on the task of being his stump. then it's onward to campaign manager .
Khan would have this Porn problem solved before you can chugalug a six pack.



I would love to see us avoid that iceberg, and not repeat the Titanics fate. It to made promises of being unsinkable with huge promises of how amazing it was going to be and do.
Oh Fuck, seems like treading water here. Thats how I feel about the whole fucked up mess. To be honest, for about 10 minutes yesterday I almost followed Messmer out. I stand pretty firm by my long windedness. As I said I know I am always the guy on the edge of the group and the blacksheep per-say. Just feel like am I trying to convince myself to stay or others.

Its going to take some serious soul searching by PU powers that be to avoid going under. I posted that long winded post in hopes maybe a whisper might get through what seem a very stubborn process.

09-25-13  09:26am - 330 days #16
elephant (65)
Active User



Posts: 310
Registered: Jan 11, '07
I have to say I think a lot of it is down to the end of the raffle, seem to get really dead after that was announced. I think lots of people it brought back to try their luck again and post a review.

Not just this though, the adult site industry has been in decline for a while now with much less content than there was in the booming years a few years ago.

You can tell cause all sites are tightening up the belts and releasing less and repeats. Also seeing big name sites with unsecure payment providers, used to be ccbill and epoch on nearly all sites but now lots are doing their own payment processors, it certainly puts me off risking it on unknown payment sites and especially those not saying secure server.

It is sad though and this site I occasionally drop in but used to frequent weekly. I do hope the new ideas Rock and the guys have though come through and be really interested to see the outcome of it all. "Women are like tricks by sleight of hand, Which, to admire, we should not understand." WILLIAM CONGREVE

09-25-13  09:56am - 330 days #17
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by Cybertoad:


I would love to see us avoid that iceberg, and not repeat the Titanics fate. It to made promises of being unsinkable with huge promises of how amazing it was going to be and do.
Oh Fuck, seems like treading water here. Thats how I feel about the whole fucked up mess. To be honest, for about 10 minutes yesterday I almost followed Messmer out. I stand pretty firm by my long windedness. As I said I know I am always the guy on the edge of the group and the blacksheep per-say. Just feel like am I trying to convince myself to stay or others.

Its going to take some serious soul searching by PU powers that be to avoid going under. I posted that long winded post in hopes maybe a whisper might get through what seem a very stubborn process.


We're all black sheep of a kind, Toad. It's what makes the place it is. With me it's my constant nagging and anti social comments about what I see as scummy behaviour and dodgy practices, and encouraging downloading material for free instead of paying membership to dishonest rip off merchants.

Cap'n is always going on about regional discrimination (and I support him in opting to boycott those sites). Pat is forever yelling "woe woe and thrice woe, the end of the porn industry is upon us." Messmer is forever leaving. Drooler is damaged, don't take no shit, is completely mistrusting of anyone, and doesn't mind delivering the occasional short sharp kick in the bollocks. Exotics4me is severely scarred from being exposed to severely scarred people in his line of work, but has a distinctive way of looking at things because of that, and so on. We're all a strange bunch, with our own idiosyncrasies.

You can choose to leave or choose to stay, but most of us would prefer you and the originals stayed. We may as well see what the new sites are like. It may not be to our taste, in which case we can all just eventually fade away, but from what Rick has said I am now looking forward to seeing the new places.

We understand this is a business place for Rick and Khan, and we are visitors. Our hobby is their business, but we get a free place that gives us a chance to say what we think, with not too much censorship, and has resulted in a symbiotic relationship of sorts. PU has taken a downturn but it's still more active than most forums, which don't last more than a year or two. It's a business decision from Rick, but may well be one that needed taking.

There's a danger the old guard may feel alienated and pissed off some of their work is missing. There's a lot of stuff on here which will be left behind, but how many people will be digging to look through it anyway? Will we be swamped with shills and kids who can post in text only or can't string two sentences together? Yes, there's a chance, but we have to give it a go in order to benefit.

The reason I'm hanging around is because this place isn't a way of life, and isn't my favourite forum. I am realistic about my contributions, which I am proud of, but aren't going to win any awards, or encourage many memberships. They are instantly disposable, and even if I'm given the option of bringing them over wont be doing so. Let Rick and Khan do the work, then see what the new place will be like. We have two options, stay or go, or maybe a third where we pop in occasionally and grab what benefits we can.

Yes, you're pissed off because Rick is doing it his way, and because he's breaking up something we know and love. I can see your point of view, but Rick HAS to do it his way. I know that because that's what I do. I pay for professional help (no, not psychiatrists!), I listen to them, along with friends and family, then I decide for myself, because at the end of the day, I want success or failure to lie with what I do. I do not want to ignore my gut instinct, follow someone else's advice, then fail because of that. It hurts to fail, but it hurts worse if you go against your own instinct, listen to someone else, then fail because of it.

09-25-13  09:57am - 330 days #18
Capn (28)
Active User



Posts: 1,696
Registered: Sep 05, '09
Location: Near the Beer!
I think the crux of it is, we all need some regular update on the state of play to maintain interest.

Nothing in depth is necessary, just along the lines of:

'We have been working on this or that & will post a teaser of xxxxx soon.'

Cap'n. Admiral of the PU Hindenburg. 2009 PU Award
Hilarious Post of the Year 2010 PU Award
( I would have preferred it to be Helpful Post of the Year for Guys who Hate 'Retail Therapy' ) :0/
Sanity is in the eye of the Beholder!

09-25-13  10:45am - 330 days #19
Cybertoad (104)
Active User



Posts: 2,023
Registered: Jan 01, '08
Location: Wash
Originally Posted by TheSquirrel:


Yes, you're pissed off because Rick is doing it his way, and because he's breaking up something we know and love. I can see your point of view, but Rick HAS to do it his way. I know that because that's what I do. I pay for professional help (no, not psychiatrists!), I listen to them, along with friends and family, then I decide for myself, because at the end of the day, I want success or failure to lie with what I do. I do not want to ignore my gut instinct, follow someone else's advice, then fail because of that. It hurts to fail, but it hurts worse if you go against your own instinct, listen to someone else, then fail because of it.


LOL well nope you missed my point.
I am not pissed off at anyone. I don't think I ever expressed anger towards Rick or PU. I find that very unfair.
You do not know me, you do not know why I use PU. And I have never stated I was angry at anyone.
This site is a hobby, I have had financial investments in PU just like everyone else. So lets be straight I put money in a system that is going away. Then to have no updates and very little of anything is a irritant at best.

I am a business person my friend, plain an simple. This site is not a hobby at this time, its kinda waste land.

I know many of you get some pissed off at me for my straight point of view, but I never name call or insult people. I say I am not happy and state why, I address questions like everyone else. If you do not agree with me does not mean I am angry with problem, it means people cannot handle when I don't agree with them, thats not my problem to babysit who likes me or not.

If you ever read my reviews I do them the same way straight up the way I feel about a site. There is a peak of who I am I don't need to be liked by people. But one thing I am true to is I say what I mean and mean what I say.

I am sorry you feel that way about me Squirrel, but I have rights just like you and everyone else. And I do not think it was fair to drew me into distainment for Rick, because I have nothing but respect for him and Khan, it does not mean I have to agree with him to respect him. As I do.
It is just this type of thing that is taking chunks out of PU one brick at a time. As looks like members are turning on each other.

I'm done posting in the forum for awhile, said my piece now I'll go download some porn and let everyone else deal with this .

NO .. not angry. I am leaving the sandbox and taking my pail and bucket with me . LOLOL.

09-25-13  11:20am - 330 days #20
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by Cybertoad:


LOL well nope you missed my point.
I am not pissed off at anyone. I don't think I ever expressed anger towards Rick or PU. I find that very unfair.
You do not know me, you do not know why I use PU. And I have never stated I was angry at anyone.
This site is a hobby, I have had financial investments in PU just like everyone else. So lets be straight I put money in a system that is going away. Then to have no updates and very little of anything is a irritant at best.

I am a business person my friend, plain an simple. This site is not a hobby at this time, its kinda waste land.

I know many of you get some pissed off at me for my straight point of view, but I never name call or insult people. I say I am not happy and state why, I address questions like everyone else. If you do not agree with me does not mean I am angry with problem, it means people cannot handle when I don't agree with them, thats not my problem to babysit who likes me or not.

If you ever read my reviews I do them the same way straight up the way I feel about a site. There is a peak of who I am I don't need to be liked by people. But one thing I am true to is I say what I mean and mean what I say.

I am sorry you feel that way about me Squirrel, but I have rights just like you and everyone else. And I do not think it was fair to drew me into distainment for Rick, because I have nothing but respect for him and Khan, it does not mean I have to agree with him to respect him. As I do.
It is just this type of thing that is taking chunks out of PU one brick at a time. As looks like members are turning on each other.

I'm done posting in the forum for awhile, said my piece now I'll go download some porn and let everyone else deal with this .

NO .. not angry. I am leaving the sandbox and taking my pail and bucket with me . LOLOL.


Okay my mistake, we all make them. You did sound angry, and you sound angry now at my post. I took a long time to make a long post, and then maybe missed an important point. If we say everyone's going to leave, and the new place is going to be rubbish, then leave, it will be a self fulfilling prophecy. Let them build it, do all the work, then reap the benefits.

I've always found this a bit of a hobby. If a review feels like work I don't do it. That may be how we all approach the new site. Let Rick and co do the work, others do the legwork like reviews, and just enjoy the benefits, as we've all been through the review and contributions bit.

I think you misunderstand some of the reactions. Most of us find your posts highly entertaining whether we agree with them or not. For the most part I agree with what you say, but even when I don't, I still find it entertaining. That's what makes PU the place it is.

I missed out the bit about myself that ran, arrogant big mouthed son of a bitch, but I'm backing my judgement. You still sound pissed to me. Edited on Sep 25, 2013, 11:31am

09-25-13  12:58pm - 330 days #21
Wittyguy (95)
Active User



Posts: 1,056
Registered: Feb 04, '08
Location: Left Coast, USA
My last post on the matter of the transition (no, I'm not leaving) and current state (or lack thereof) of PU. Here's my take:

Participation, especially new voices, has been decreasing for quite a while now. That's just life. PU, the forum, porn, etc. have all been around for a while so that the loss of that fresh car smell was bound to cause some drop off as people get distracted by more / different online temptations. The demographic for a lot of the heavy PU contributors is pretty much white men(I'm just guessing but I doubt I'm wrong) over the age of 30; not exactly a recipe for drawing in the masses. Plus, the mere fact that PU and TBP are about porn paysites already tosses this crowd into the minority of online porn seekers. Basically, like the Republicans today, the demographics were already against us and they they aren't trending back no matter what we believe.

Participation was going to decrease by the simple fact that the weekly raffle is no more. I get why it was discontinued but the fact that it's not here any more was bound to have nothing but a negative effect on participation levels here.

In addition to the loss of the raffle, Rick got overly excited about the new digs he's building and started showing off blueprints for a construction project that is 3 to 6 months from being completed. Suddenly everyone knows that life here is going to change / end in a yet undetermined manner from our perspective. Again, this is going to have nothing but a negative impact on participation and accelerate the attrition that was going occur anyway just due to the transition. In other words, people were going to leave just because of the change; period. It's just that the process is getting drug out longer than it probably should have been and that creates even more limbo and uncertainty that isn't helping anyone.

My final take? Take a chill pill, crack open a brewsky and spin that hard drive of yours to pop up your favorite classic porn vids. Life is always changing, we're all gonna die some time, and PU is going into the internet archives whether we like it or not (I envision PU's place in the archive being sandwiched between this guy and all the internet rants from people who hate how the "Dexter" and "Breaking Bad" series ended). All will not end once we move, it will just change and will hopefully have some different and new contributors (and maybe old contributors disguised as new ones) as well as some of the current crew.

09-25-13  03:02pm - 330 days #22
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Khan says he likes to stay out of our threads. Rick says posting on the forum distracts him and takes up too much of his working time. First of all they aren't our threads. Rick/Khan and the rest of you, this is your site, and I think staying away is a mistake. Has it ever occurred to you both that, since this is your place, we look forward to reading your posts and observations? Being in the industry gives you a different perspective to the rest of us, so your opinions are entertaining and interesting. You need to be here more not less. Your presence makes the site more entertaining, and I want to be entertained. Interact and survive or remain aloof and die.

I still don't see where the problem is, not now. There would be a problem if everything was being wiped out but it isn't. Rick has made the mistake of treating people like human beings rather than customers, and unusually given people here the privilege of finding out about his plans long before they see the light of day, and even asking their opinions. A few of the members here are overreacting and kicking him in the bollocks.

I don't see any problems now, mainly due to what Rick and Khan have said. I'm not worried, in fact I'm excited by the prospect of something new and stimulating. This is progress. If PU only gets a tenth of the hits that TBP gets, there's plenty of room for growth. Let's face it, some of the content on here hasn't been brilliant. Design and ideas move on. Let's see what they come up with. It's not like we're paying for it.

The more I think about it the more I think Rick is right. If anyone wants to leave I'm going to miss them, but I think the core of us will be staying to see what the new places are like. If the core goes along, there's a chance new design, style, and ideas, will attract another generation. Coming from one of the most negative people I know this is sort of strange - stop the negativity.

09-25-13  03:25pm - 330 days #23
Khan
PornUsers Staff




Posts: 1,586
Registered: Jan 05, '07
Location: USA
Originally Posted by Capn:


I think the crux of it is, we all need some regular update on the state of play to maintain interest.

Nothing in depth is necessary, just along the lines of:

'We have been working on this or that & will post a teaser of xxxxx soon.'

Cap'n.


Perhaps you missed it but Rick said in another thread that it would likely be Jan/Feb of 2014 before the new stuff is rolled out. No doubt, as that time period draws closer, he'll have more sneak peaks to share. I know he's caught some flack for showing previews too soon but he's excited about the changes and is treating the folks here as insiders by giving them a glance at what's to come.

BTW, if you missed it, Rick had quite a bit more to say in that same thread (linked above) that's well worth the read. Senior Administrator
PornUsers.com

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."-R. D. Lang

09-25-13  03:29pm - 330 days #24
Capn (28)
Active User



Posts: 1,696
Registered: Sep 05, '09
Location: Near the Beer!
Yes, I did pick up on that, Khan, thanks.

What I am suggesting is more regular titbits rather than long pauses & then a rush of info.

Cap'n. Admiral of the PU Hindenburg. 2009 PU Award
Hilarious Post of the Year 2010 PU Award
( I would have preferred it to be Helpful Post of the Year for Guys who Hate 'Retail Therapy' ) :0/
Sanity is in the eye of the Beholder!

09-25-13  06:48pm - 330 days #25
Khan
PornUsers Staff




Posts: 1,586
Registered: Jan 05, '07
Location: USA
Originally Posted by Capn:


What I am suggesting is more regular titbits rather than long pauses & then a rush of info.


At this stage there's really nothing new to show. Rick developed his concept of the look and feel (the broad strokes) of what's to come. Then comes the actual work of building the site(s) and fleshing out Rick's initial ideas. It's not like there's a week to week update he can show you.

When there's more to show, I'm sure there will be more sneak peaks. Until then, we can only beg your patience and assure you that it's being worked on. Senior Administrator
PornUsers.com

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."-R. D. Lang

09-25-13  07:54pm - 330 days #26
Khan
PornUsers Staff




Posts: 1,586
Registered: Jan 05, '07
Location: USA
Originally Posted by TheSquirrel:


Khan says he likes to stay out of our threads...


I've very sorry you've seen this as me being "aloof". That's not the case at all. I try to be friendly in my communication with users ... unless the situation warrants a different approach.

I won't go into all the reasons I'm not active in more threads here but I will share a little so that perhaps you can better understand my position.

I have managed online communities and forums since the mid 1980's and some have said I'm fairly good at it. In most forums I've managed I've been a very active participant. In fact, I've often been the top poster in the forum. While Rick has never liked participating in forums, I really don't mind it at all. I've been doing it so long that this form of communication comes fairly naturally these days. But I digress ... In all those years there's only been one other forum where I didn't really participate as a regular and that was a forum for MicroSoft VIPs. And the reason I didn't participate there is one of the reasons I don't really participate more here. Namely, the forum and discussions aren't about me, they're about you, the actual users. Odd as it may sound, I'm not much of a porn User these days. I sign up for very few sites and because I'm not an editor or reviewer, I don't really visit the members' area of many sites.

Early in this forum's life, Rick and I agreed that this forum was about you guys and I'd stay out of most of the discussions. The forum was for you guys to get to know one another and to discuss ... well, almost anything you wanted to.

When an admin/moderator gets involved in the actual discussions it can change the whole dynamic. Certain people would feel reluctant to express opinions that were opposed to the admin's. Certain other folks would feel compelled to take an opposite opinion just because an admin felt a certain way. As I said, the dynamic of the discussions changes.

Another reason, and almost just as important, is I'd have to put a disclaimer on most of my posts to the effect ... "The opinions expressed here are my personal thoughts and feelings, they should not be confused with the opinions of any company or site I may currently work for."

And despite adding that to posts, there is inevitably someone (webmaster or user) who wants to turn my personal opinion into the official position of PU.

Oh, and one last thing ...
You may have failed to notice but in spite me not being real active in discussions, I'm still in the top ten posters of the forum. I'd venture to guess that should I suddenly get very active, you guys would get tired of reading me babbling pretty quickly.

FWIW, it is possible that when we migrate to the new digs, we'll feel it'll be warranted for me to be more active. Only time will tell.

I hope something in there helps you understand why I'm not butting in to more regular discussions here. Senior Administrator
PornUsers.com

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."-R. D. Lang
Edited on Sep 25, 2013, 07:58pm

09-25-13  10:15pm - 330 days #27
turboshaft (24)
Active User

Posts: 1,938
Registered: Apr 01, '08
Originally Posted by TheSquirrel:


I am not as negative as some, as porn will always be an earner. There's been a porn downturn but there has been so much of it produced in recent years there was going to have to be some sort of correction with the weakest failing.
[...]
I don't see the new TBP sites as being a rearrangement of chairs on the Titanic, because porn isn't the Titanic; it's going to survive, and people are going to make money. The new sites will survive if they're good enough, and if there's a market for them.


I agree, and though I'm pretty cynical myself I'm still not delusional enough to think that the porn industry is simply going to up and disappear one day. I take the apocalypse/Armageddon talk about as seriously as I take someone comparing current day U.S. to the fall of Rome because they heard a dirty word on TV: "Oh no, they talked about s-e-x on the picture box, this is what brings down empires!"

Things change; some people adapt, and some do not. It's a shitty situation even for people who will ultimately survive within the industry because they may not have had to deal with such change before, but change they must. Those who say "porn's days are numbered" can fuck off for all I care, because people have been making dirty pictures for as long as the human race has been around, and they will continue to do so. If it isn't some nudie cave painting then it's whatever the hell you categorize HotKinkyJo under, because either way it's going to get made, and people will continue to consume it.

Yes, Moral Majoritarians will always be around to harass our most gullible, Bible-stroking politicians into passing idiotic laws because We The People just can't seem to keep our dirty hands to ourselves. But ultimately it's their days that are numbered, at least as a group that's to be taken even remotely seriously, if they ever were in the first place. Even FCC-ruled broadcast TV is losing to the Internet and cable as more and more Americans are realizing they don't have to pretend they are living in a nation of six-year-olds (I realize I'm speaking from the American perspective, but I hope you still get my drift here).

No, porn will never truly be mainstream--I for one certainly don't hope it does, I prefer its relative fringe status--but it is becoming everyone-and-their-friend's dirty little secret. It's rather difficult to take one prudish do-gooder seriously when all the others are off either cheating on their spouses, salivating over their creeped-out female office staff, or just texting dick pics to women they met over the Internet. And it will then be harder to justify them trying to outlaw what we do in the privacy of our homes and ultimately our minds. "It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hardcore Commie works." - Gen. Jack D. Rippper, Dr. Stranglove

09-25-13  10:31pm - 330 days #28
turboshaft (24)
Active User

Posts: 1,938
Registered: Apr 01, '08
Originally Posted by Khan:


Oh, and one last thing ...
You may have failed to notice but in spite me not being real active in discussions, I'm still in the top ten posters of the forum. I'd venture to guess that should I suddenly get very active, you guys would get tired of reading me babbling pretty quickly.


I don't know, any contribution is welcome, especially from someone who's worked online since the '90s and seen all the changes that have come and gone since that time. I defer to the experience and knowledge of anyone who has been online, and professionally at that, longer than me.

I thought one of the reasons you had so many posts was because of all the "Beware the wrath of Khan" replies to spammers and/or dipshits trying to ruin our otherwise civil and fun forum. I do remember reading some more personal posts though--now buried deep within the forum--and they offered interesting tidbits about an obviously crucial member of PU. Newer members may mistake you for some enigmatic godhead-type figure, but I think more veteran members know that you've been around here almost every day the entire time.

Thanks for speaking up, Khan!
"It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hardcore Commie works." - Gen. Jack D. Rippper, Dr. Stranglove

09-26-13  06:18am - 329 days #29
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by Khan:


the forum and discussions aren't about me, they're about you, the actual users. Odd as it may sound, I'm not much of a porn User these days. I sign up for very few sites and because I'm not an editor or reviewer, I don't really visit the members' area of many sites.

Early in this forum's life, Rick and I agreed that this forum was about you guys and I'd stay out of most of the discussions. The forum was for you guys to get to know one another and to discuss ... well, almost anything you wanted to.

When an admin/moderator gets involved in the actual discussions it can change the whole dynamic. Certain people would feel reluctant to express opinions that were opposed to the admin's. Certain other folks would feel compelled to take an opposite opinion just because an admin felt a certain way. As I said, the dynamic of the discussions changes.

Another reason, and almost just as important, is I'd have to put a disclaimer on most of my posts to the effect ... "The opinions expressed here are my personal thoughts and feelings, they should not be confused with the opinions of any company or site I may currently work for."

And despite adding that to posts, there is inevitably someone (webmaster or user) who wants to turn my personal opinion into the official position of PU.



Originally Posted by turboshaft:

I don't know, any contribution is welcome, especially from someone who's worked online since the '90s and seen all the changes that have come and gone since that time. I defer to the experience and knowledge of anyone who has been online, and professionally at that, longer than me.turboshaft


Turboshaft is thinking along the same lines as I am. Your knowledge, perspective, and presence, would be a great addition. With Rick saying PU gets a tenth of the hits that TBP gets, there is room for improvement. Khan, I understand your perfectly logical reasons for not wanting to contribute, but I weigh this against the chance to do something different in the new place.

PU has been a small success, but this isn't, and shouldn't be a site just for Porn Users. In theory at least it's a place where Porn makers and those in the business can interact, or at least share a unique perspective. Your knowledge is unique to you; you are someone who is interesting and expresses themselves well. You're not going to be "one of the blokes," but your participation will add to, rather than subtract from, the new place.

Maybe the dynamic needs changing, because obviously PU hasn't been a 100 per cent success. If anyone wants to take an opposite view or is afraid to express a view because of your opinions, too bad, and no, you wouldn't need to put a disclaimer on everything. Rick may not like forum participation, the same may go for the rest of the reviewers, but if you're doing this as a business, it's something you should think about.

I realise the above is just my opinion, and I could be wrong. Rick has to do it his way, but from my point of view if there's going to be change, let's see something different and sparkling that's entertaining and retains interest. I want to be entertained.

11-05-13  10:42pm - 289 days #31
Capn (28)
Active User



Posts: 1,696
Registered: Sep 05, '09
Location: Near the Beer!
Rather than start yet another thread about it, I'll put my here.

With the lack of activity & the lack of information, I have less & less reason to come back here.

Currently the only activity around here seems to revolve around one thread of very doubtful taste.

Outta here now.

Cap'n. Admiral of the PU Hindenburg. 2009 PU Award
Hilarious Post of the Year 2010 PU Award
( I would have preferred it to be Helpful Post of the Year for Guys who Hate 'Retail Therapy' ) :0/
Sanity is in the eye of the Beholder!

11-06-13  07:30am - 288 days #32
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
Originally Posted by Capn:


Rather than start yet another thread about it, I'll put my here.

With the lack of activity & the lack of information, I have less & less reason to come back here.

Currently the only activity around here seems to revolve around one thread of very doubtful taste.

Outta here now.

Cap'n.


There are a number of factors, which have been gone into. I was going to say few of the newer members seem to be able to put together an informative review then saw some Parsnip reviews and gave him a trust vote. We may not like the same things but I trust he's expressing an honest opinion, and his reviews are well thought out and put together.

I don't think things will pick up much until the new site sees the light of day. Not sure what's going on behind the scenes but with the continuing dislike and nothing being done about BangBros the jury is still out on the future of PU.

A new site always generates activity, but after the original "what do you think of the new place" comments, there will need to be more input from Rick, Khan and co to keep things ticking along when activity falls off. There needs to be continual substance to keep things going, as it has already been demonstrated that porn users by themselves are not able to do this.

11-06-13  07:38am - 288 days #33
Khan
PornUsers Staff




Posts: 1,586
Registered: Jan 05, '07
Location: USA
Originally Posted by Capn:


Outta here now.

Cap'n.


Sorry you feel like that. Hope you'll return soon.

Take care of yourself. Senior Administrator
PornUsers.com

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."-R. D. Lang

11-06-13  11:45am - 288 days #34
jberryl69 (12)
Active User



Posts: 972
Registered: Nov 27, '10
Location: neverland
Capt said "one thread of very doubtful taste" and that leaves me puzzled as to what thread he was referring to?

With regard to my cyber-friends departure, I'm a little miffed as to the reasoning behind it.

I can understand if it's a protest of pending changes, though that could hardly be a sound basis since we don't really know what that entails except the loss of current awards and reviews.

Perhaps the lack of activity is a reason but it seems that PU activity and participation waxes and wanes like the weather.

At any rate, as far as I'm concerned, the door is always open. If it ain't grits, it must be a Yankee.

If you're going to lay her head over the pool table and fuck her throat, get your fucking hand off her throat!

11-06-13  08:16pm - 288 days #35
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
I have to say I'm puzzled by some of the activity fall off. Why leave or disable your account? For instance, Raging Buddhist made a post then disabled his account. Why? There seems to be no reason for the older hands not to be still occasionally contributing. Why would Cap'n announce he's leaving? Things will pick up.

I'm a minor contributor, don't post for long spells, but have never disabled my account, and don't see a reason to. I don't think Rick has been anything but honest in stating his intentions for PU, and that deserves some respect and support.

I said in another post, that in order for the new PU to survive, we need more activity from Rick, Khan, and the whole TBP organisation because clearly porn users themselves cannot keep things ticking over sufficiently. It's possible there are not enough intelligent porn users out there, capable of stringing a few sentences together, who still wish to be active members. A shame, because the original line up of PU was incredibly strong.

11-06-13  09:00pm - 288 days #36
biker (3)
Active User



Posts: 261
Registered: May 03, '08
Location: milwaukee, wi
Things change. I'm not talking about what Rick is doing. I'm talking about people leaving and new people arriving. They will probably be discussing the same things already hashed out once before, but it will be new to them.
I'm not good at judging sites, so I have only done one review. So I'm not to concerned about reviews being lost, because new reviews will be made and my impression is the old reviews will be available until updates start rolling in. So I don't see any reason to worry about reviews being tossed out.
My introduction to porn was Penthouse. That was 1971. I finally bought my first VCR and found out there were stores just for adult rentals. Then bought my first computer with an internet connection and typed porn and all kinds of sites popped up. It took a few years to discover PU. Now I don't join a website until it is listed here and I have read what people have experienced with their membership. It is great to read the word "exclusive" in a review. In my early years I would join a site and discover they had the same material I had already seen on other sites and didn't zip files available. So there is a lot this site has to offer and I would be foolish not to use it. I plan to stick around. I aim to misbehave Edited on Nov 06, 2013, 09:18pm

11-06-13  10:32pm - 288 days #37
graymane (31)
Active User



Posts: 1,335
Registered: Feb 20, '10
Location: Virginia
Apart from echoing my fellow PU brethren's beautifully conveyed sentiments concerning Capn's perplexing departure, I just want to add a few words of my own.

I'm still shaken by this news. Capn is one of PU's major fixtures, and one I've looked up to, and from one whom I've learned and gained invaluable knowhow on how to derive the best out of this kind of fellowship.
I still can't believe he just walked away from the close ties that bind this close-nit community without a damned good reason as to why... and I would say having nothing to do with Pu's announced upcoming project.
I hope you realize the gravity of this action, Capn, and its blow to us all.

11-06-13  10:34pm - 288 days #38
Capn (28)
Active User



Posts: 1,696
Registered: Sep 05, '09
Location: Near the Beer!
You may have noticed I have not disabled the account.

Just taking a break.

Cap'n. Admiral of the PU Hindenburg. 2009 PU Award
Hilarious Post of the Year 2010 PU Award
( I would have preferred it to be Helpful Post of the Year for Guys who Hate 'Retail Therapy' ) :0/
Sanity is in the eye of the Beholder!

11-06-13  11:43pm - 288 days #39
Thedebilman666 (0)
Suspended



Posts: 144
Registered: Dec 08, '10
Location: NYC
By all means I am not trying to start anything here, but it's pretty cowardly to leave all of your buddies dicks swinging in the breeze with no reason as to why you don't want to chill with them anymore. At least grow a pair and be honest. Like graymane said, this was a pretty tight knit community. 6 pack bitches, deal with it

11-07-13  06:55am - 287 days #40
turboshaft (24)
Active User

Posts: 1,938
Registered: Apr 01, '08
Originally Posted by Capn:


You may have noticed I have not disabled the account.


No, but RagingBuddist did, and like Tdm666 said, with no explanation, unless I'm missing something.

I miss him; he was a fellow rage-aholic, and I can't be left to pick up all the slack. "It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hardcore Commie works." - Gen. Jack D. Rippper, Dr. Stranglove

11-07-13  09:13am - 287 days #41
TheSquirrel (53)
Active User



Posts: 693
Registered: Oct 29, '08
Location: UK
It's good to see you haven't disabled your account, so pleased to see you'll still be around. Like Turboshaft I wonder why RB did disable his account.

11-07-13  09:28am - 287 days #42
Khan
PornUsers Staff




Posts: 1,586
Registered: Jan 05, '07
Location: USA
FWIW, RagingBuddhist did drop us an email to let us know why he was disabling his account at this time.

But if he'd wanted his reason made public he'd have posted it here himself so don't ask me what he said.

We have our fingers crossed that he'll return when the new forum opens or better still, reconsider his decision. Senior Administrator
PornUsers.com

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."-R. D. Lang

11-07-13  03:58pm - 287 days #43
Capn (28)
Active User



Posts: 1,696
Registered: Sep 05, '09
Location: Near the Beer!
Originally Posted by Thedebilman666:


By all means I am not trying to start anything here, but it's pretty cowardly to leave all of your buddies dicks swinging in the breeze with no reason as to why you don't want to chill with them anymore. At least grow a pair and be honest. Like graymane said, this was a pretty tight knit community.


If you don't wish to be provocative, why do you keep posting in such an abusive manner?

It certainly was a civil place until recent times.
There is no need to call me names because of my personal decision, or doubt my motives.

A lot of regulars have left of late & there is very little discussion going on.

Posts in such a tone are a significant contributory factor to this situation.

Whilst totally disagreeing with you, please note I have not attacked you, your courage or your virility!

Cap'n. Admiral of the PU Hindenburg. 2009 PU Award
Hilarious Post of the Year 2010 PU Award
( I would have preferred it to be Helpful Post of the Year for Guys who Hate 'Retail Therapy' ) :0/
Sanity is in the eye of the Beholder!
Edited on Nov 07, 2013, 04:22pm

11-07-13  04:02pm - 287 days #44
mbaya (356)
Active User



Posts: 442
Registered: Jul 07, '08
Location: new jersey
I couldn't agree more.

11-07-13  06:27pm - 287 days #45
pat362 (367)
Active User



Posts: 2,911
Registered: Jan 23, '07
Location: canada
Originally Posted by Capn:


If you don't wish to be provocative, why do you keep posting in such an abusive manner?

It certainly was a civil place until recent times.
There is no need to call me names because of my personal decision, or doubt my motives.


I completely agree with you and I'd add that maybe a new member like the discussed gentleman might want to put in at least one year before calling any of us old timers names.

I haven't left yet but I can see a time when I will do like most of our lost friends and leave. Not for a better place because I truly believe that there has never been anything as great as PU. I so seldom add anything to the forum and I don't do more than one review a month if not less that my contribution in that department is negligible. Long live the Brown Coats.

11-07-13  07:17pm - 287 days #46
Thedebilman666 (0)
Suspended



Posts: 144
Registered: Dec 08, '10
Location: NYC
Originally Posted by Capn:


If you don't wish to be provocative, why do you keep posting in such an abusive manner?

It certainly was a civil place until recent times.
There is no need to call me names because of my personal decision, or doubt my motives.

A lot of regulars have left of late & there is very little discussion going on.

Posts in such a tone are a significant contributory factor to this situation.

Whilst totally disagreeing with you, please note I have not attacked you, your courage or your virility!

Cap'n.


Sure, pass the blame onto me. Whom am I abusive to exactly? I was to graymane that one night, and to messmer that one time, that's it. If you don't like that topic I know you're referring to, quit reading it. Is that such a difficult philosophy to comprehend? Even animals follow this simplest logic on Earth, if an animal doesn't like something it avoids the shit out of it. Don't tell me a rat is smarter than some of the people around here. 6 pack bitches, deal with it Edited on Nov 07, 2013, 07:39pm

11-07-13  07:19pm - 287 days #47
Thedebilman666 (0)
Suspended



Posts: 144
Registered: Dec 08, '10
Location: NYC
Originally Posted by pat362:


I completely agree with you and I'd add that maybe a new member like the discussed gentleman might want to put in at least one year before calling any of us old timers names.

I haven't left yet but I can see a time when I will do like most of our lost friends and leave. Not for a better place because I truly believe that there has never been anything as great as PU. I so seldom add anything to the forum and I don't do more than one review a month if not less that my contribution in that department is negligible.


Last time I checked, hypocrite isn't a cuss word. And if people around here don't have the balls to say goodbye to you guys, over the internet, they sure as hell aren't real men and obviously weren't your "friends.". 6 pack bitches, deal with it Edited on Nov 07, 2013, 07:31pm

11-07-13  09:09pm - 287 days #48
Khan
PornUsers Staff




Posts: 1,586
Registered: Jan 05, '07
Location: USA
Originally Posted by Thedebilman666:


And if people around here don't have the balls to say goodbye to you guys, over the internet, they sure as hell aren't real men ..."


Personally, I would disagree. I found that nothing either of them said, or didn't say, caused me to question their "manliness" or make me think they were anything other than gentleman. But really, that's neither her nor there. I suspect neither of them need your opinion or mine to remain comfortable in their masculinity.

However, since you brought the subject up, I would be curious what *you* feel makes a man a "real man" ... but perhaps that's something warranting a thread of its own. Senior Administrator
PornUsers.com

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."-R. D. Lang

11-07-13  10:00pm - 287 days #49
Thedebilman666 (0)
Suspended



Posts: 144
Registered: Dec 08, '10
Location: NYC
Originally Posted by Khan:



However, since you brought the subject up, I would be curious what *you* feel makes a man a "real man" ... but perhaps that's something warranting a thread of its own.


If you want to get into this with me, let's go, start the thread. 6 pack bitches, deal with it

11-07-13  10:08pm - 287 days #50
Khan
PornUsers Staff




Posts: 1,586
Registered: Jan 05, '07
Location: USA
Originally Posted by Thedebilman666:


If you want to get into this with me...


Hmmm ... that's sounds a little adversarial. I hope I'm mistaken in reading your tone. We really don't want to go there.

But sure, I'll start the thread. Senior Administrator
PornUsers.com

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world."-R. D. Lang

11-07-13  10:28pm - 287 days #51
Capn (28)
Active User



Posts: 1,696
Registered: Sep 05, '09
Location: Near the Beer!
Originally Posted by Thedebilman666:


Sure, pass the blame onto me. Whom am I abusive to exactly? I was to graymane that one night, and to messmer that one time, that's it. If you don't like that topic I know you're referring to, quit reading it. Is that such a difficult philosophy to comprehend? Even animals follow this simplest logic on Earth, if an animal doesn't like something it avoids the shit out of it. Don't tell me a rat is smarter than some of the people around here.


Yes, the blame for that is yours. It is your post I quoted.

You don't even read your own posts, it seems.

That post, as with all your posts, it seems, are aggressive, abusive & provocative.

Cap'n. Admiral of the PU Hindenburg. 2009 PU Award
Hilarious Post of the Year 2010 PU Award
( I would have preferred it to be Helpful Post of the Year for Guys who Hate 'Retail Therapy' ) :0/
Sanity is in the eye of the Beholder!

1-50 of 58 Posts Page 1 2 Next Page >
 
Thread Nav :  Refresh Page  |   First Post  |   Last Post  |   Porn Forum Home


Home - Sites - Users - Reviews - Comments - Categories - Forum

Contact Us - Announcements - FAQ's - Terms & Rules - Porn Review - Webmasters

Protecting Minors
We are strong supporters of RTA and ICRA, two of the most recognized self labeling organizations. Our site is properly labeled to assist in the protection of minors accessing inappopriate content. For information about filtering tools, check this site.

DISCLAIMER: ALL MODELS APPEARING ON THIS WEBSITE ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER.

To report child pornography, go directly to ASACP!  We're proud to be a corporate sponsor.
Have concerns or questions about porn addiction?  We recommend this helpful resource.

Copyright © 2007 Ranks.com, Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.


Loaded in 0.09 seconds.