Welcome GUEST!      CREATE ACCOUNT - Forgot Password?

Create an account to share your experiences and more!

E-MAIL   PASS  

Auto Log-in Future Sessions (on this computer).
Forum Thread A note about the site and any replies from other users.
Porn Users Forum » Filesharing/stealing....
1-47 of 47 Posts Page 1
 
Thread Nav :  Refresh Page  |   First Post  |   Last Post  |   Porn Forum Home

01-23-12  06:27am - 952 days Original Post - #1
Denner (233)
Active User



Posts: 1,200
Registered: Mar 03, '07
Location: Denmark
Filesharing/stealing....

Now the authorities sure are acting - why now or why this way... I can never be sure.
Filesharing - or like some would prefer to call it: stealing.

Bottom line: maybe stealing is in a way the right word - but to some, again - not.

Believers of/in the free net, that www...out there.. will say that this shot down of all those sites like Megaupload is now the first step to limited freedom:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16642369
(That Kim Schmitz does not look like a mothers favorite son-in-law, LOL).

And now Filesonic, and as PP mentions Fileserve - and then Rapidshare could be next, and then Oron ect, ect....

As a long time PU-member I consider it a priority to deal in payed-for sites: Main reason is the quality and security of my downloads. Honestly: can anyone here find a good reason to go filesharing apart from the above - AND: the fact that good, serious porn producers got to make an earning to give us PUs more of the good stuff. (AND I'm not talking about ALL the paysite-hustlers in this deal)

Still.....It's not a job for any government or any so called authorities to shot down/or with their threads make any fileshare people shot down.
The authorities are way out of line here...

Our net has got to be as free as the whole idea of this, yes free western world - next we'll see forces of the religious conservatives trying to ban all porn on OUR net...... "I don't drink anymore - I freeze it, and eat it like a popcicle"

01-23-12  09:21am - 952 days #2
Ed2009 (7)
Active Webmaster




Posts: 491
Registered: Sep 12, '09
Location: Wales, UK
Can I just point out the filesharing itself is not illegal. Back when I was a games programmer I used it a lot to distribute game demos and it was a most valuable system. What is illegal is sharing copyrighted material without permission, whether by using a filesharing site/software or any other means.

Personally I would love sites like Rapidshare etc. to cease to exist. I dread to imagine how much of my content over the years has been stolen and distributed on their systems. I don't see any reason why stopping crime should be a limitation on freedom if done sensibly and rationally, but sadly governments rarely get this sort of legislation correct, usually inadvertently including all sorts of quite legal activities that they either didn't know about or understand.

A case in point is Britain's Extreme Porn law which has inadvertently made spanking technically illegal due to the tendency for it to leave a red mark. It's supposed to outlaw sites which features injury causing activities but the description on what counts as an injury was somewhat vague. Webmaster of StripGameCentral and A Measure of Curiosity.

01-23-12  04:31pm - 951 days #3
Drooler (218)
Active User



Posts: 1,681
Registered: Mar 11, '07
Location: USA
During WWII, to root out resistance fighters in Marseilles, France, the SS razed about 1,400 structures to the ground. Anyone else who just happened to be in the way was, to put it mildly, most unfortunate.

And most unfortunate are those using Megaupload within the confines of the law who got caught in the same mass detonation. Justice should be a little more selective. Please fuck responsibly.

01-23-12  06:16pm - 951 days #4
BubbaGump (18)
Active User



Posts: 108
Registered: Jan 08, '12
Location: USA
Most any file sharing site has now got to be very nervous and will no doubt be consulting with their attorneys to make sure everything they are doing is within the rule of the law.

Of course there are legit file sharing portals and sites. As far as megaupload, however, I am just surporised they lasted as long as they did. It was THE portal for pirated movies, software, photos, etc.

We will see a lot of shops going the way of filesonic and suddenly close up shop or remove links, destroy servers, etc...The ones that will be left are the ones who have nothing to hide. If you aren't doing anything illegal and are playing by the rules, there isn't a whole lot to be worried about.

01-23-12  06:27pm - 951 days #5
hodayathink (18)
Active User

Posts: 312
Registered: Mar 27, '09
Location: Illinois
MegaUpload got busted for more than sharing illegal content. First was the fact that they straight up admitted that they could drastically curb the illegal content on their site pretty easily, and they weren't going to do it because they knew how much it would harm their business. Second, the federal indictment also has other charges (the racketeering and money laundering listed in the linked article).

01-24-12  01:05pm - 951 days #6
Secretease com (3)
Active Webmaster




Posts: 18
Registered: Oct 23, '10
Location: UK
Originally Posted by hodayathink:

First was the fact that they straight up admitted that they could drastically curb the illegal content on their site pretty easily, and they weren't going to do it because they knew how much it would harm their business.


Yes and if they can do it then there's a good chance the others can aswell. It'll be interesting to see what happens next. Secretease.com - A 100% exclusive site for lovers of Sexy Executive Secretaries hard at flirt in short skirts, stockings, high heels, tight shirts and other sex-ecutive attire. More than a tease...

Secretease operates non-regional pricing.

01-24-12  01:57pm - 951 days #7
jberryl69 (12)
Active User



Posts: 974
Registered: Nov 27, '10
Location: neverland
Originally Posted by Ed2009:



Personally I would love sites like Rapidshare etc. to cease to exist. I dread to imagine how much of my content over the years has been stolen and distributed on their systems. I don't see any reason why stopping crime should be a limitation on freedom if done sensibly and rationally, but sadly governments rarely get this sort of legislation correct, usually inadvertently including all sorts of quite legal activities that they either didn't know about or understand.



This just makes curious. If you stopped this illegal sharing, would you receive any more income and if so, how much could your realistically expect to realize?

I ask this Ed because it makes me wonder if people would just let the porn go vs having to pay for it?

Maybe you'll get firm answers in the future, though I would think these servers would just move to a country where these laws would not reach. If it ain't grits, it must be a Yankee.

If you're going to lay her head over the pool table and fuck her throat, get your fucking hand off her throat!

01-24-12  06:34pm - 950 days #8
hodayathink (18)
Active User

Posts: 312
Registered: Mar 27, '09
Location: Illinois
Originally Posted by jberryl69:


This just makes curious. If you stopped this illegal sharing, would you receive any more income and if so, how much could your realistically expect to realize?

I ask this Ed because it makes me wonder if people would just let the porn go vs having to pay for it?

Maybe you'll get firm answers in the future, though I would think these servers would just move to a country where these laws would not reach.


The answer basically boils down to answering these two questions:

How many people, if they couldn't get it for free, would actually pay for it?

and

How many people actually paid for it because they first saw it for free?

As much as many people out there might disagree, the answer isn't zero to either of those questions the vast majority of the time. But the truth is that no one knows what the actual balance of those numbers are.

01-24-12  07:45pm - 950 days #9
BubbaGump (18)
Active User



Posts: 108
Registered: Jan 08, '12
Location: USA
I think the free stuff could definitely be a lead-in to a pay site. The issue is that pirated stuff will probably have watermarks stripped so the viewer really wouldn't know where to go to view the content they just viewed if they wanted to. They will likely hang around looking for more of the same.

I aggre , however, that it's not all black and white in terms of customer behavior of those who do go after the freebies. It could lead to sales in the long run as well as take away from sales. It's anybody's guess what the numbers are.

The studios probably wouldn't object if they did conclude it leads to increased sales. I would wager that the net loss would not be compensated for by the increase, however. More people likely continue to view free pirated stuff than those who are driven to pay by viewing it.

In the past decade, consumption of online porn has increased dramatically, based on polling data, but studios have reported declining sales over the years. Obviously, these two facts are in conflict with any conclusion that states free material available to the consumer results in a net positive sales increase or growth for the producer of the material. The supporting argument would need to be pretty convoluted and Occam's Razor comes into play.

The same thing occurred with napster back in the 90's. The recording industry saw sales and revenue decline rapidly. After the court order against napster was enforced, sales picked up again. The same would likely occur with the adult industry if many free sites suddenly disappeared. sure, some people will stop watching altogether and some will subscribe to pay sites. Porn is in high demand and is consumed at a high rate by the public. People would pay to see it just like many started to pay for CD's and downloads again after Napster was revamped to a pay site. People want their music and want their porn. If you build it, they will come-or is that cum? Edited on Jan 24, 2012, 08:03pm

01-25-12  08:56am - 950 days #10
Cybertoad (104)
Active User



Posts: 2,032
Registered: Jan 01, '08
Location: Wash
The reality is the industry ( movies to be specific ).
Are old and and have not caught up with a means to make the media they want to sell affordable. The cost to produce music is high as well. But I can buy a new music release for pennies legally online.

The movies be it porn or main stream, have got to get with the program and provide a better experience at a very minimal price.

People steal media this is a fact. However this should be asked by the movie moguls ....... WHY ?
Yes some are just cheap bastards or want a thrill. But many can not afford it.

M$ is a prime example of not understanding the customer needs. M$ Office costs hundred, why many programs like Open Office and other are nearly as good for free.

The movie industry screwed up in my opinion, they went after the consumer rather then enticing them. They cry they are losing billions.
Probably true, but what if you sold your movies for 5.99 or 4.99 not 29.95?
You might lose a little but not billions. And soon you would be on your way to a bigger share of the market.

Porn sites are just about as dumb in my opinion, if you are losing money go get it back by offering a price that will keep people there.
If you let people sign up for something under 10.00 a month they will not risk jail time for a grainy video torrent. But might when you charge 29.00 and up.


America has not learned like the Japaneses have,provide a reasonable, reliable product and consumers will be loyal.
This is exactly how Japanese automakers and electronics firm took over in our economy. If the Movie industry wants to survive you can panic the consumer with SOPA type laws. Or make them love you for providing a reliable inexpensive product.

01-25-12  09:01am - 950 days #11
pat362 (367)
Active User



Posts: 2,925
Registered: Jan 23, '07
Location: canada
I believe that some people who see a video on a tube site where they can read the sites logo will go and join that site so that they can get more and better quality videos.
The problem is that there are no facts on the number of people who do that versus those who simply jerk off and go elsewhere. My gut feeling is that people today want stuff for free and are willing to accept a lower quality product because it's free. The only way we could prove that would be if we had a tube site with HD content vs a tube site with standard quality content. I believe that the HD one would kill all other tube site traffic and would also kill almost every other paying site where the contetn was taken. Long live the Brown Coats.

01-25-12  10:09am - 950 days #12
jberryl69 (12)
Active User



Posts: 974
Registered: Nov 27, '10
Location: neverland
Cyber says, "The movie industry screwed up in my opinion, they went after the consumer rather then enticing them. They cry they are losing billions.

Probably true, but what if you sold your movies for 5.99 or 4.99 not 29.95?"

When I worked as Paralegal with a start up estate planning firm, our business model was just like you suggest Cyber. 5.99 trusts for the masses. But then there was so much work on the table, you couldn't keep up, so we reversed it to the 29.95 model, where we reduced our work load by 2/3rds and still increased our revenue.

I just wonder in your business model if the increase in bandwidth demand would make the on-line experience less enjoyable, but perhaps you just talking about movies sales.

Certainly sites like Evil Angel that have good pricing for their older content have accepted that model, but their new content sold as movies is not. If it ain't grits, it must be a Yankee.

If you're going to lay her head over the pool table and fuck her throat, get your fucking hand off her throat!

01-25-12  10:45am - 950 days #13
Denner (233)
Active User



Posts: 1,200
Registered: Mar 03, '07
Location: Denmark
Originally Posted by Cybertoad:


The reality is the industry ( movies to be specific ).
Are old and and have not caught up with a means to make the media they want to sell affordable. The cost to produce music is high as well. But I can buy a new music release for pennies legally online.

The movies be it porn or main stream, have got to get with the program and provide a better experience at a very minimal price.

People steal media this is a fact. However this should be asked by the movie moguls ....... WHY ?
Yes some are just cheap bastards or want a thrill. But many can not afford it.

M$ is a prime example of not understanding the customer needs. M$ Office costs hundred, why many programs like Open Office and other are nearly as good for free.

The movie industry screwed up in my opinion, they went after the consumer rather then enticing them. They cry they are losing billions.
Probably true, but what if you sold your movies for 5.99 or 4.99 not 29.95?
You might lose a little but not billions. And soon you would be on your way to a bigger share of the market.

Porn sites are just about as dumb in my opinion, if you are losing money go get it back by offering a price that will keep people there.
If you let people sign up for something under 10.00 a month they will not risk jail time for a grainy video torrent. But might when you charge 29.00 and up.


America has not learned like the Japaneses have,provide a reasonable, reliable product and consumers will be loyal.
This is exactly how Japanese automakers and electronics firm took over in our economy. If the Movie industry wants to survive you can panic the consumer with SOPA type laws. Or make them love you for providing a reliable inexpensive product.


Just got to hand it to Cybertoad. The fact that he's got a thing with words - the next: Those words here are so well put!! "I don't drink anymore - I freeze it, and eat it like a popcicle"

01-27-12  03:18am - 948 days #14
turboshaft (24)
Active User

Posts: 1,940
Registered: Apr 01, '08
Originally Posted by jberryl69:


I ask this Ed because it makes me wonder if people would just let the porn go vs having to pay for it?


I don't think that those will realistically ever be viewers' only options.

People are certainly willing to pay for some things--the fetishistic consumerism surrounding every release of the latest Apple doodad comes to mind--but are just as willing to openly not pay for things as well.

It's really up to the seller to figure out the level of quality and the corresponding price to attract paying customers. I remember the late '90s and the music industry's howls over Napster's success. The consumers responded: we hate paying for a full album when we only want certain songs, you litigious assholes.

But eventually technology actually helped things out, if not exactly making up for the industry's bungles. MP3s, which helped make Napster practical, became the new way to buy and listen to music, and now you have iPods (fucking Apple again...) and people paying for music.

And like Cybertoad mentioned already, the movie industry is trying to figure out how it's going to handle its pirates now that technology is making downloading and saving entire movies possible. I'm hoping they use their brains and not just their wallets but I wouldn't bet on an outcome that doesn't piss off a good chunk of the movie going public.

As an example of angering your customer base, remember Netflix and its mob-angering price raise last summer? Hundreds of thousands of customers bailed and the company lost money as a result, so these asinine decisions do have consequences. Maybe someone learned something from all that. Maybe not. "It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hardcore Commie works." - Gen. Jack D. Rippper, Dr. Stranglove

01-27-12  06:21am - 948 days #15
BubbaGump (18)
Active User



Posts: 108
Registered: Jan 08, '12
Location: USA
Its all supply and demand. As long as there is a demand for porn and erotica and people are willing to pay for it, there will be producers of the goods and services in the adult industry. If consumers are not willing to pay for it, production will decrease.

The problem with piracy, in any industry, is that it is the equivelant of introducing counterfeit currency into an economy. The dollar loses its value. The bottom line is nobody is going to work for free in a for-profit industry. I wouldn't, you wouldn't. The end result is that the producers will need to cut back on production and some will simply leave the business for something more profitable.

You cant just say, I want you to continue to produce these goods and services for my personal viewing pleasure but I won't pay for these goods. Everyone will eventually end up wanking to the same old tired videos once new production slows to a crawl and businesses close up shop. Producers will not lower the price to try to get people to go back to paying.

As far as the price, porn is not as expensive as it once was. A decade ago, one video would cost $39.99 in an adult video store. That's one video! Today, you can pay $20 for a single month and download to your heart's content. It's like buying wholesale from Sam's Club. You can buy a whole crate of frozen dinners for $20 instead of buying the single helping for $4.99 from Food King. Porn is not expensive today. Anyone who thinks it is, hasn't lived through the 80's.

The bottom line is, if we don't continue to pay, those of us who enjoy the beauty of erotica will see it dwindle.

01-27-12  07:02am - 948 days #16
picdude (5)
Active User

Posts: 107
Registered: Dec 26, '08
Location: Italy
Originally Posted by Drooler:


During WWII, to root out resistance fighters in Marseilles, France, the SS razed about 1,400 structures to the ground. Anyone else who just happened to be in the way was, to put it mildly, most unfortunate.

And most unfortunate are those using Megaupload within the confines of the law who got caught in the same mass detonation. Justice should be a little more selective.



Definatly agree, as an amateur photographer (of the mainly inanimate kind - buildings for work) I'm often called upon by friends to photograph friends weddings, parties etc.(as I have a nice big DSLR)
I usually throw everything in a zip file and being uncompressed RAW files shove the lot up on filesonic overnight and send them the link.
Was easy for me, and easy for them to download. All Legal.
But Filesonic stopped all that.

Rapidshare, Filesonic etc is cloud computing.
All these tech big wigs go on about cloud computing being the future but just as it starts to take off we take a few steps backwards.

01-27-12  08:23am - 948 days #17
Capn (28)
Active User



Posts: 1,697
Registered: Sep 05, '09
Location: Near the Beer!
Originally Posted by BubbaGump:


Its all supply and demand. As long as there is a demand for porn and erotica and people are willing to pay for it, there will be producers of the goods and services in the adult industry. If consumers are not willing to pay for it, production will decrease.

The problem with piracy, in any industry, is that it is the equivelant of introducing counterfeit currency into an economy. The dollar loses its value. The bottom line is nobody is going to work for free in a for-profit industry. I wouldn't, you wouldn't. The end result is that the producers will need to cut back on production and some will simply leave the business for something more profitable.

You cant just say, I want you to continue to produce these goods and services for my personal viewing pleasure but I won't pay for these goods. Everyone will eventually end up wanking to the same old tired videos once new production slows to a crawl and businesses close up shop. Producers will not lower the price to try to get people to go back to paying.

As far as the price, porn is not as expensive as it once was. A decade ago, one video would cost $39.99 in an adult video store. That's one video! Today, you can pay $20 for a single month and download to your heart's content. It's like buying wholesale from Sam's Club. You can buy a whole crate of frozen dinners for $20 instead of buying the single helping for $4.99 from Food King. Porn is not expensive today. Anyone who thinks it is, hasn't lived through the 80's.

The bottom line is, if we don't continue to pay, those of us who enjoy the beauty of erotica will see it dwindle.


Very well put, & I reckon you are correct.

It has to be economically viable or new material will not be made.

Cap'n. Admiral of the PU Hindenburg. 2009 PU Award
Hilarious Post of the Year 2010 PU Award
( I would have preferred it to be Helpful Post of the Year for Guys who Hate 'Retail Therapy' ) :0/
Sanity is in the eye of the Beholder!

01-27-12  09:07am - 948 days #18
pat362 (367)
Active User



Posts: 2,925
Registered: Jan 23, '07
Location: canada
Originally Posted by Capn:


Very well put, & I reckon you are correct.

It has to be economically viable or new material will not be made.





I'll second what you said about BubbaGump's statement and add that we already have concrete proof of what pirating has done to the porn industry. Where are all the studios that used to shoot porn on a regular basis? Where's Red Light District, Platinum X, Diabolic, Anabolic, SBSX, Evasive Angles, Multimedia Pictures and I could go on. These studios didn't all go out of business because of bad decisions. They simply saw their profts diwindle to the point where they weren't actually making any money.

A producer/director on another forum made a joke about the number of movies he moved of a specific title. He said that he had moved 9800 last month. He movued them from the back of the wharehouse to the front because he really had only sold 200 movies. If he makes only 10$ per movie then that's mean he made 2000$ but I can bet you that it vcost him a lot more than that to make and sell it. Long live the Brown Coats.

01-27-12  09:31am - 948 days #19
Ed2009 (7)
Active Webmaster




Posts: 491
Registered: Sep 12, '09
Location: Wales, UK
Can I third it? (If that is the phrase?) I reckon you have it spot on, BubbaGump.

I guess it comes down to you get what you pay for in the long run. If no-one pays for it then no-one will make it. Webmaster of StripGameCentral and A Measure of Curiosity.

01-27-12  09:40am - 948 days #20
BubbaGump (18)
Active User



Posts: 108
Registered: Jan 08, '12
Location: USA
I don't think all these went under because of online piracy. Evasive angles is still going. I did notice, however that a lot of their new stuff are combo DVD packs of older materials. I think a lot of them simply tried to go online too late. Kind of like Kodak going under because they never thought digital would go mainstream and when they did realize digital was hot and sales were picking up, it was too little, too late.

More and more people will be going online to obtain their erotic art of choice. The question is, will there be many studios still standing five years from now to deliver it? Most people who go for the free stuff don't ever think of this aspect. You can only push the studios so far before they say Screw this, I'm out.

As long as people are out there who will be willing to pay for porn, someone will make it. But as the numbers willing to pay dwindle, so will the options and content volume. You are left with a few fly-by-night producers whose primary income does not come from this industry but do it as simply extra income or as a hobby/interest. The result is the quality likely suffers and updates are slow to come. Daily updates? More like monthly or bi-annually, when the producer has the time and resources.

iMO, Piracy won't ever destroy availability of porn. It will just relegate it back to 1960 production levels and probably the same quality.

01-27-12  09:55am - 948 days #21
BubbaGump (18)
Active User



Posts: 108
Registered: Jan 08, '12
Location: USA
Originally Posted by Ed2009:


Can I third it? (If that is the phrase?) I reckon you have it spot on, BubbaGump.

I guess it comes down to you get what you pay for in the long run. If no-one pays for it then no-one will make it.


I think it also is a generational thing. The young twenty-something's have been spoiled with free stuff and complain about paying $20 a month. The response from free users is it is too expensive. $39 for one single DVD could be called expensive. So would a $16 magazine. I could understand the complaints here, especially when you are young and disposable income is low. It is difficult to justify complaints over $25 for an all-you-can eat buffet, however, when one DVD goes for $39. I just don't get this part about online porn being too expensive and that's why some state they won't pay.

Back in the day, if you wanted to view porn, you could go to some sleezy, smelly Bookstore and insert quarters into a video machine. Or you could buy a movie from the store for rediculous prices. Both could make you feel like a sleezebag and a perv and you hoped nobody you knew saw you coming out of the shop with a movie or magazine wrapped in a brown paper bag. Today you can view movies in the privacy of your home for a modest price with just a click. This beats the old route any day and it's cheap as hell in comparison.

Also, half the time you purchased a movie or magazine, the movie was not what you thought. Those pretty girls on the cover were nowhere to be found inside. You couldn't preview anything and decide what to keep. If you purchased it and it sucked, you were SOL. Online, you have the ability to pick and choose and you get it all for one price. As I said before, anyone today complaining about the cost of porn hasn't lived through the 80's. Edited on Jan 27, 2012, 10:17am

01-27-12  03:08pm - 948 days #22
malikstarks (8)
Active User

Posts: 84
Registered: Nov 19, '07
Location: Orlando FL
I created a thread a little over a year ago entitled "No adult Industry in two years"...in which the head of the SCORE Group essentially predicted "If content theft is not stemmed, there will be no SCORELAND and no Adult Industry within two years."

It was derided by a few, but I think we can all agree that the industry since than has severely receded and is moving toward having: a handful of powerful megasites (e.g. Brazzers); a vast wasteland of dead and dying pay sites; and a near infite network of tube sites, file-sharing blogs, forums etc.

The problem the business of free porn is an industry unto itself and is far more profitable than the legit businesses that it leaches from.

Despite the setback of Megaupload and filesonic file hosting sites are hardly going anywhere. For one thing most of the filesharing forums are currently dominated by a site called Oron, based out of Russia, and will likely not be as easily intimidated as filesonic was. There are simply so many of these sites that they can easily be replaced in terms of popular use without some overarching law to curtail them.

I do think if something like SOPA ever passed it could be the silver bullet that got the industry going again. However public outcry against that law has been so loud I'm not sure it will ever pass (not sure I'd want it to either). Edited on Jan 27, 2012, 05:21pm

01-27-12  03:13pm - 948 days #23
Capn (28)
Active User



Posts: 1,697
Registered: Sep 05, '09
Location: Near the Beer!
I don't really agree with the doom & gloom outlook.

The industry has to adapt to survive & I am sure it will.
Everything evolves, especially given the pace of change in the virtual world.

TBH I am not sure how it will go, but I am certain 'Where there is a will there is a way.'

Unfortunately, that goes for piracy as well as legitimate business.

Cap'n. Admiral of the PU Hindenburg. 2009 PU Award
Hilarious Post of the Year 2010 PU Award
( I would have preferred it to be Helpful Post of the Year for Guys who Hate 'Retail Therapy' ) :0/
Sanity is in the eye of the Beholder!

01-27-12  04:37pm - 947 days #24
anyonebutme (14)
Active User



Posts: 285
Registered: Aug 23, '09
Originally Posted by malikstarks:

I do think if something like SOPA ever passed it could be the silver bullet that got the industry going again. However public outcry against that law has been so loud I'm not sure it will ever pass (not sure I'd want it to either).


99% of the American public has no knowledge of SOPA. 99% of the American public would not see their lives change one bit with the passage of SOPA.

Whatever you want to make of the proposed law, I think a little perspective is good when judging what "public outcry" is. Personally, I have zero sympathy left for those people who continue to lie to themselves and to others to justify their support of piracy.

01-27-12  05:41pm - 947 days #25
malikstarks (8)
Active User

Posts: 84
Registered: Nov 19, '07
Location: Orlando FL
Originally Posted by anyonebutme:


99% of the American public has no knowledge of SOPA. 99% of the American public would not see their lives change one bit with the passage of SOPA.

Whatever you want to make of the proposed law, I think a little perspective is good when judging what "public outcry" is. Personally, I have zero sympathy left for those people who continue to lie to themselves and to others to justify their support of piracy.


I'm no expert on the subject, and am certainly not pro-piracy. However, the view that it would not change peoples lives is not shared by a large amount of folks familiar with the legislation. Many believe that the law would radically alter and restrict the way the internet works; and would open a whole host of legitimate sites and businesses to potential liability.

Just one quote (lifted from wikipedia):
Gary Shapiro, CEO of the Consumer Electronics Association, spoke out strongly against the bill, stating, "The bill attempts a radical restructuring of the laws governing the Internet," and that "It would undo the legal safe harbors that have allowed a world-leading Internet industry to flourish over the last decade. It would expose legitimate American businesses and innovators to broad and open-ended liability. The result will be more lawsuits, decreased venture capital investment, and fewer new jobs

And certainly there was enough of an outcry from legitimate sources to effectively shelve the legislation for now.

Perhaps it can be re-written to create fewer unintended consequences, but again, I'm no expert. Edited on Jan 27, 2012, 05:47pm

01-27-12  05:47pm - 947 days #26
BubbaGump (18)
Active User



Posts: 108
Registered: Jan 08, '12
Location: USA
Interesrting points. I also wanted to add I don't mean to be preachy about it or come across this way. I also don't claim to be a sage seeing into the future. I just think the industry will eventually dwindle if the priacy keeps up. There will be nowhere near the volume and quality of content we see now.

Another point to be made regarding the prevalence of piracy on the internet is related to public perception of the business itself. The bottom line here is this--the word 'pornographer' is a word that will conjure up less than positive thoughts in the minds of many people in society. Pornography and those who produce it are not part of a business that some folks see as meeting their own ethical standards. The result is that, in their mind, since they do not see the business itself as ethical, it is much easier to absolve oneself from ethical accountability when they illegaly obtain material without paying. In other words, one feels free to issue yourself a 'Moral' get out of jail free card when it comes to pirating adult materials.

If Hollywood movies were produced by a business called 'Mother Theresa's Orphanage Fund' and distributed with the intent of funding food and supplies from the sales, people would feel much more cuplable when taking something without paying. There would be a greater degree of guilt in ripping the material off the net for their own personal viewing pleasure, all the while not paying for it. This perception issue is part of the problem, IMO. It's easy to absolve oneself from theft when it involves the 'greedy corporate hollywood producers and musicians', or those who produce pornography. Theft is theft, however one absolves the conscience.

Before anyone jumps on me, I am not claiming those who produce pornography are unethical. It's just that many people in society do hold this view and that is their right. That's not to say there are no bad players. My opinion is some do fit this defintion(Max Hardcore, for instance), but they are the exception. Many are simply fulfilling a demand for a product. They are playing by the rules and not forcing anyone to perform for our entertainment and they are not abusing people.

01-27-12  07:04pm - 947 days #27
pat362 (367)
Active User



Posts: 2,925
Registered: Jan 23, '07
Location: canada
Originally Posted by malikstarks:


I created a thread a little over a year ago entitled "No adult Industry in two years"...in which the head of the SCORE Group essentially predicted "If content theft is not stemmed, there will be no SCORELAND and no Adult Industry within two years."



I'll second his statement but only in regards to his sites and that's because they made a business decision in 2011 where their paying members can now only download a very small portion of their library and there is a time limit as to how long that content is available. The bulk of their content can only be streamed now. I know because I joined one of their sites and discovered that the change had been done a short time after TBP had done a review.

The owner can give whatever excuse he wants to justify his decision but he loses credibility when I don't see the mention of the changes in regards to videos anywhere on that site or any of the other within the score group. He'll go out of business because guys like me will never join any of his sites and I'll stear everybody away from those money traps. Long live the Brown Coats.

01-27-12  07:38pm - 947 days #28
malikstarks (8)
Active User

Posts: 84
Registered: Nov 19, '07
Location: Orlando FL
Originally Posted by pat362:


I'll second his statement but only in regards to his sites and that's because they made a business decision in 2011 where their paying members can now only download a very small portion of their library and there is a time limit as to how long that content is available. The bulk of their content can only be streamed now. I know because I joined one of their sites and discovered that the change had been done a short time after TBP had done a review.

The owner can give whatever excuse he wants to justify his decision but he loses credibility when I don't see the mention of the changes in regards to videos anywhere on that site or any of the other within the score group. He'll go out of business because guys like me will never join any of his sites and I'll stear everybody away from those money traps.


I understand the sentiment pat, but the streaming only option is true for only a couple of Score group sites, namely 50plusmilfs and 60plusmilfs. All the other sites allow unlimited and unrestricted downloads. Although HD videos are segregated to ScoreHD. I was a member of both Scoreland, and ScoreHD a few months back to verify this.

01-28-12  10:03am - 947 days #29
pat362 (367)
Active User



Posts: 2,925
Registered: Jan 23, '07
Location: canada
^I'll have to disagree with you because 40 somethig mag is also one of those sites that doesn't allow it's paying members the option of downloading their entire library. I know because that's the site that shafted me. I think you should also take a look at TBP's review of scoreland and you'll see that TBP claims that the site no longer allows the complete download of the videos.

I wish it was otherwise because there were a couple of sites that interested me but once burn twice cautious and that's why I will never join any of their sites. I just don't have 20$ to throw away on a dishonest site. Long live the Brown Coats.

01-29-12  08:21pm - 945 days #30
malikstarks (8)
Active User

Posts: 84
Registered: Nov 19, '07
Location: Orlando FL
Originally Posted by pat362:


^I'll have to disagree with you because 40 somethig mag is also one of those sites that doesn't allow it's paying members the option of downloading their entire library. I know because that's the site that shafted me. I think you should also take a look at TBP's review of scoreland and you'll see that TBP claims that the site no longer allows the complete download of the videos.

I wish it was otherwise because there were a couple of sites that interested me but once burn twice cautious and that's why I will never join any of their sites. I just don't have 20$ to throw away on a dishonest site.


Sorry to hear about your experience. However there is a comment by a pornuser named bubbagump just a couple of days ago that confirms what I'm saying. He stated that while he was able to download videos, his complaint that he could not download vids in HD. I told him HD downloads were segragated to Score HD.

I can't confirm the practices on 40 something mag, so you may well be right. I have been a member of the site as well a few times and was able to download; things may have changed.

If I ever go back to any of their sites I'll remember to give you a heads up.

01-30-12  07:07am - 945 days #31
joekramer08 (12)
Active User

Posts: 6
Registered: Sep 25, '11
Location: U.S.A.
downloading a copyrighted file is stealing...plain and simple. in this society, we have agreed upon certain rules...one of those rules is that if someone else makes something, you have to pay for it if you want it...it is only morally right - when someone creates something (a porn film, a song, whatever) they deserve to be paid for their creation...when people stop following this rule, you end up with an entire society of people who have no respect for the property of others...with this new age of internet people have forgotten the rules...i think they need to be reminded of the rules. besides, porn is so cheap now that there's no excuse for stealing it. even the poorest of people can afford a 10 dollar membership to evil angel or some other site. young people today need to be reminded of the rules of our society: if you want something, you need to save some money and pay for it. people need to re-learn how to be responsible in this world. they've been spoiled for too long by the internet mentality that "everything should be free"...it's an attitude of entitlement and lack of respect. Edited on Jan 30, 2012, 07:12am

01-30-12  09:21am - 945 days #32
pat362 (367)
Active User



Posts: 2,925
Registered: Jan 23, '07
Location: canada
Originally Posted by malikstarks:


If I ever go back to any of their sites I'll remember to give you a heads up.


I hope for your sake that you aren't disapointed if you decide to join any of their sites. I certainly won't give them another chance until I have a guarantee that you can download the entire library.

P.S:I'm not saying that you can't download some of the content but that you can't download the entire content. The other problem is that there is no way of knowing which is available for download and which isn't prior to joining and there is no mention anywhere on their sites that they don't allow the complete ownload of their library. Long live the Brown Coats.

01-30-12  10:02am - 945 days #33
Cybertoad (104)
Active User



Posts: 2,032
Registered: Jan 01, '08
Location: Wash
My take is,

Why I can see people are in the habit of pilfering material and not paying for it. I think pornography is no concern to the powers that be, or more likely not on their radar as much as say Pirates of The Caribbean.
Torrent sites are lechers of main stream film first and foremost. And second is software and then illegal music in the order of severity.

And well Porn drags in as the dirty step child in the attic who they will feed later.
Porn is not important to enforce as it is theft of a non-lucrative item that does not affect stock or even show up as affecting consumers by its loss.
People steal porn and the site price goes up people go elsewhere.

Not so with main stream movies, prices go up people stop going to the movies altogether and rent !

Netflix had the right idea that they stole from Blockbuster after its failure. But poor execution by Netflix nearly crushed them as well.

Porn is important to you and me, but it is not hardly in the top ten
concerns of a nation when it comes to its losses.

01-30-12  10:31am - 945 days #34
messmer (137)
Active User



Posts: 2,512
Registered: Sep 12, '07
Location: Canada
Originally Posted by pat362:


I hope for your sake that you aren't disapointed if you decide to join any of their sites. I certainly won't give them another chance until I have a guarantee that you can download the entire library.

P.S:I'm not saying that you can't download some of the content but that you can't download the entire content. The other problem is that there is no way of knowing which is available for download and which isn't prior to joining and there is no mention anywhere on their sites that they don't allow the complete ownload of their library.


I agree with you wholeheartedly, Pat. I must have sampled every one of the Score group's sites during the past few years and liked them a lot. But I would not go back now. Not until they change back.

01-30-12  06:42pm - 944 days #35
pat362 (367)
Active User



Posts: 2,925
Registered: Jan 23, '07
Location: canada
Originally Posted by Cybertoad:


My take is,

I think pornography is no concern to the powers that be, or more likely not on their radar as much as say Pirates of The Caribbean.

Not so with main stream movies, prices go up people stop going to the movies altogether and rent !

Netflix had the right idea that they stole from Blockbuster after its failure. But poor execution by Netflix nearly crushed them as well.


I'm not sure that pornography is of no concern to people in power because they can't all be ignorant to the fact that porn helps the economy since States make money from the taxes they collect from the different porn related companies in their region. I just think that they are politicians and supporting porn is almost never looked in a favorable light by the population at large. Not too mention that the religious right is a small group but has has a loud voice that can be heard in ewvery level of the Government.

You'd think that an orginisation who's primary goal is the making, marketing and selling of mainstream media like movies would better understand it's market and would know that increasing the price of movie tickets is only going to aggravate the problem. Especially since box office profits have been going down for the last few years but I read an article where that's exactly what Hollywood is considering. Good luck to them because they will see me a lot les often in theaters

I'm not so sure that Netflix futur is all that bright. Their recent problems are only a small part of a bigger problem. Doing an online dvd rental business was a good idea. Their prices were very good and the cost versus profit was easy to calculate but once they started to branch out into streaming movies and TV shows then that's when things started to sour. Streaming means you have to buy the rights to those movies so that's less profit in your pocket. You need to keep adding more movies and TV shows so again less profit. There's also the question of technology. You need to add more powerfull servers to satisfy your increasing number of customers so that's also eating your profits. The fact that so many of their customers complained about the price changes is a perfect example. Long live the Brown Coats.

01-30-12  08:06pm - 944 days #36
hodayathink (18)
Active User

Posts: 312
Registered: Mar 27, '09
Location: Illinois
Originally Posted by pat362:


I'm not so sure that Netflix futur is all that bright. Their recent problems are only a small part of a bigger problem. Doing an online dvd rental business was a good idea. Their prices were very good and the cost versus profit was easy to calculate but once they started to branch out into streaming movies and TV shows then that's when things started to sour. Streaming means you have to buy the rights to those movies so that's less profit in your pocket. You need to keep adding more movies and TV shows so again less profit. There's also the question of technology. You need to add more powerfull servers to satisfy your increasing number of customers so that's also eating your profits. The fact that so many of their customers complained about the price changes is a perfect example.


Conversely, the US raising the price of a stamp 1 cent is going to cost Netflix around 5 million dollars this year. And there's a chance that they may lose their special mail-sorting privileges, which will cost them even more than that. There are good reasons why they're specifically trying to get out of the DVD-by-Mail business.

01-30-12  11:05pm - 944 days #37
turboshaft (24)
Active User

Posts: 1,940
Registered: Apr 01, '08
Originally Posted by pat362:


I'm not sure that pornography is of no concern to people in power because they can't all be ignorant to the fact that porn helps the economy since States make money from the taxes they collect from the different porn related companies in their region. I just think that they are politicians and supporting porn is almost never looked in a favorable light by the population at large. Not too mention that the religious right is a small group but has has a loud voice that can be heard in ewvery level of the Government.


Many of them certainly seemed to be ignorant of the economic factor when they voted to require condom use in LA. Is it to anyone's surprise that the one dissenting vote was from the councilman representing San Fernando Valley, where people are most likely to see the economic consequences of this new law firsthand? Especially considering the state of the economy in general, including the entertainment industry and most specifically porn, people may soon find that they really care about jobs more than STDs.

And on your point about the religious right and their voice in governmental affairs (usually so as to hassle consenting adults from being able to freely enjoy their private lives), isn't Utah--a state with large majorities of Mormons in all levels of their government--also one of the bigger consumers of online porn? I'll admit my own bias here and personally blame it on there not being enough to do in Utah, but isn't it also a sign of political loudmouths not wanting to own up to the fact that their rhetoric doesn't even pass the smell test? "It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hardcore Commie works." - Gen. Jack D. Rippper, Dr. Stranglove

01-31-12  08:01am - 944 days #38
pat362 (367)
Active User



Posts: 2,925
Registered: Jan 23, '07
Location: canada
Originally Posted by hodayathink:


Conversely, the US raising the price of a stamp 1 cent is going to cost Netflix around 5 million dollars this year. And there's a chance that they may lose their special mail-sorting privileges, which will cost them even more than that. There are good reasons why they're specifically trying to get out of the DVD-by-Mail business.


If a 1 cent increase is a major problem for Netflix then that's because their membership cost is below what it should be for them to be able to absorb what is essentially a small cost of doing business. I mean if it cost them an extra 5 millions then that means that Netflix did at least 500 millions dvd transactionso that's a decent amount of business Long live the Brown Coats.

01-31-12  08:16am - 944 days #39
pat362 (367)
Active User



Posts: 2,925
Registered: Jan 23, '07
Location: canada
Originally Posted by turboshaft:


Many of them certainly seemed to be ignorant of the economic factor when they voted to require condom use in LA.


I'l be honest and say that I think most politicians are ignorant on most of the things they vote on. I know for a fact that one of the guys in charge of the SOPA bill was completely ignorant of what the bill meant and what it would do if passed and yet he was the one who was going to vote on this. You guys had 8 years of Bush who massacred the English language on more than one occasion and who passed a lot of Bills that have put the Country in worse shape than if he had actually known what he was doing.

Originally Posted by turboshaft:



And on your point about the religious right and their voice in governmental affairs (isn't Utah--a state with large majorities of Mormons in all levels of their government--also one of the bigger consumers of online porn?


I believe it's called being hippocrite. Do as I say and not as I do. The Republican party is always complaining about the problems with Gays and lesbians and yet there are so many gay scandals in the Republican Party that it borders on the insane. Just look at Newt Gingrich who's a thrice divorced man talking about the purity of mariage and that it's always been one man and one woman. Do you think he's just fucking with us? Long live the Brown Coats.

01-31-12  11:08am - 944 days #40
BubbaGump (18)
Active User



Posts: 108
Registered: Jan 08, '12
Location: USA
Is he F'n with us? No. He is doing his job and wants to get elected. He's a politician and they are very good at telling the electorate what they want to hear. It's a universal job qualification on both sides of the isle.

As far as Utah being the #1 spot for online porn consumption, it is not surprising. The more you tell someone that masturbation and lust are depraved and sinful, the more they will obsess over it and the more enticing it becomes. Telling people that porn is the devils playground turns it into the forbidden fruit and just adds to the appeal. It is no surprise then that the ones chaffing their Willy raw are from more conservative areas of the nation.

I don't judge anyone on this. If someone objects to porn on moral grounds, that's thier right and I wouldn't argue with their personal convictions as long as they aren't forced on me. I wouldn't shove in their face or flaunt it, simply out of respect. However, by constantly giving it mention they are just drawing attention to something everyone already knows exists but shouldn't be thinking about. If you keep preaching, "don't think about sex", you just got everyone thinking about it and the more enticed people are by the taboo.

02-24-12  12:45am - 920 days #41
Doctor Blues (0)
Active User



Posts: 7
Registered: Jun 10, '11
Location: Campbell CA
The courts disagree with the statement that piracy = stealing, at least courts in the U.S. have ruled it is not stealing. It IS morally reprehensible, but what you said is like saying armed robbery is like shoplifting.

Please do some current research (I have done about 12 hours worth in the past two weeks).

02-24-12  10:43am - 920 days #42
hodayathink (18)
Active User

Posts: 312
Registered: Mar 27, '09
Location: Illinois
Originally Posted by Doctor Blues:


The courts disagree with the statement that piracy = stealing, at least courts in the U.S. have ruled it is not stealing. It IS morally reprehensible, but what you said is like saying armed robbery is like shoplifting.

Please do some current research (I have done about 12 hours worth in the past two weeks).


It's not stealing, it's copyright infringement. You don't know how many times I've heard people bring up that argument. Here's the thing: copyright infringement is still illegal.

03-01-12  05:11am - 914 days #43
JosiahE (2)
Active User

Posts: 32
Registered: Oct 17, '11
Location: Australia
Megaupload users are planning on sueing the FBI.

http://rt.com/usa/news/fbi-megaupload-pi...ate-authorities-911/

The big movie corporations need to stop whinging, any movie that looks semi decent ill go to the cinemas and watch it.
Just look at Avatar and any other good movie, according to Wikipedia Avatar made 2.8 Billion in the box office, so who cares if they lose a few million to pirates? I saw the movie in the cinemas like 4 times ($18 a ticket for a student to see the 3D version in Australian cinemas) and then i pirated the bluray version when it was released.

The music industry is full of BS aswell, some poeple think that megaupload was shut down because of a new service that they were in the process of creating, an online digital store for music (similar to iTunes), but this service got rid of the need for a record label, and offered the artists a bigger percentage of the profits.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2...pload-was-shut-down/

And people pirating porn? I see that as free advertising, if the videos are good, ill buy premium to watch more. Edited on Mar 01, 2012, 05:24am

03-01-12  09:41am - 914 days #44
Ed2009 (7)
Active Webmaster




Posts: 491
Registered: Sep 12, '09
Location: Wales, UK
My problem is in the past some download sites have nicked some of my content and described it as being the entire site. It's not free advertising then. If people like it, why join if they have the "whole collection"?

Worse still I've seen my content presented as content from a different site. That doesn't advertise my site at all! There's no way that works as free advertising.

I don't get justifying it as something big corporations have to suffer - what about us small guys? Webmaster of StripGameCentral and A Measure of Curiosity.

03-01-12  10:03am - 914 days #45
pat362 (367)
Active User



Posts: 2,925
Registered: Jan 23, '07
Location: canada
Originally Posted by JosiahE:


Megaupload users are planning on sueing the FBI.


I don't know where you saw that but they won't be able to sue the FBI for wnforing the law. I'd also add that it's a really bad idea because that would put the individuals on the FBI's radar. I know that many people are pissed that Megauplaod is dead but that site was doing something that is super destructive to any producer of content.

You'd have to show me where what the owners of megauplaod were doing was amazing for producers and artists. As far as I know it was a site who paid uploaders based on the popularity of the content they uploaded to the site. Said uplaods were not from the artist themselves but douchebags making money off someone elses hard work. Long live the Brown Coats.

03-01-12  07:27pm - 913 days #46
JosiahE (2)
Active User

Posts: 32
Registered: Oct 17, '11
Location: Australia
Originally Posted by pat362:


I don't know where you saw that but they won't be able to sue the FBI for wnforing the law. I'd also add that it's a really bad idea because that would put the individuals on the FBI's radar. I know that many people are pissed that Megauplaod is dead but that site was doing something that is super destructive to any producer of content.


Not everyone using Megaupload was a pirate, there were a lot of legitimate users who lost alot of legit files because the FBI took it down.

03-02-12  06:52am - 913 days #47
pat362 (367)
Active User



Posts: 2,925
Registered: Jan 23, '07
Location: canada
Originally Posted by JosiahE:


Not everyone using Megaupload was a pirate, there were a lot of legitimate users who lost alot of legit files because the FBI took it down.


Are you telling me that a percentage of the users of Megauplaod were only using their system to store data and never downloaded any copyrighted material? If there are then I feel comfortable in saying that they had to be a very small minority. Long live the Brown Coats.

1-47 of 47 Posts Page 1
 
Thread Nav :  Refresh Page  |   First Post  |   Last Post  |   Porn Forum Home


Home - Sites - Users - Reviews - Comments - Categories - Forum

Contact Us - Announcements - FAQ's - Terms & Rules - Porn Review - Webmasters

Protecting Minors
We are strong supporters of RTA and ICRA, two of the most recognized self labeling organizations. Our site is properly labeled to assist in the protection of minors accessing inappopriate content. For information about filtering tools, check this site.

DISCLAIMER: ALL MODELS APPEARING ON THIS WEBSITE ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER.

To report child pornography, go directly to ASACP!  We're proud to be a corporate sponsor.
Have concerns or questions about porn addiction?  We recommend this helpful resource.

Copyright © 2007 Ranks.com, Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.


Loaded in 0.06 seconds.