Current Member for over 3 months (at the time of review).
Real easy to use interface, basic search feature is cool.
Pretty reasonable price structure.
LOTS of categories and genres to choose from.
Pay options are: Pay Per Min, Download or Rent
Usually 3 or 4 levels of video resolution to chose from... can make for faster/smoother viewing.
As I said, the basic search feature is cool...
the advanced feature is not. The return results are inconsistent and much less effective than the basic search. I hope they fix this.
Does not have a viewable account clock while playing movies.
Scene thumbnails are a bit small with no
A lot of new releases don't have Pay Per Minute... kinda goofy.
It's pretty clearcut on this site. No BS and no tricky billing. I use the pay per minute and I like the quality of the videos at even 512.
they have a huge database of flix you can search without a membership.
They could use some better advanced search capabilities and add some scene descriptions or at least add some more thumbs to the scene list.
Basically the site is a huge library for the quick porn fix at a reasonable rate.
Current Member for over 1 year (at the time of review).
- vast selection of movies. The sheer diversity will keep you coming back; there's just about every niche and genre here, from big-budget porn to obscure amateur stuff, and from all over the world
- VOD structure means you pay only for what you watch; there are no recurring fees and you're never "wasting" your membership when you're not online
- lots of different payment methods
- you can stream by individual scene, which is great. Means you don't waste your VOD minutes plowing through the dull bits
- a good favourites system means you can save your favourite scenes, stars, movies, and more
- different qualities of stream are offered, to suit your bandwidth, and you can choose Media Player or RealPlayer for most movies
- navigation, while basic, is pretty intuitive. Easy to get the hang of with no confusing links or layout
- if you don't like VOD, you can also download most movies to rent, or to burn to DVD.
- for me in the EU, the bit rate isn't great. Even with a 2Mb/s connection, I can rarely manage their 512kbit stream. However, this is probably due to location. If you're in the US, it's probably better
- movies can be randomly removed sometimes, with no explanation. Bad luck if you've added loads of stuff by a studio to your favourites, and then they drop the studio
- the movie options aren't always consistent from title to title; some may have only low quality streams, for example
- some people think VOD is too expensive; I think this is just a matter of opinion. However, it's easy to spend a lot here if you want
- the occasional technical problem; you'll find some movies where the links don't work, or days when you can't log in or access their secure server
- no real customer recognition; would be nice if they acknowledged regular customers with rewards or discounts
Moviemonster.com is, primarily, a VOD streaming site with a vast collection of content. I've been a regular visitor for over 2 years now, and have never been dissatisfied.
It's really pretty simple; you create a (free) account, buy some time, and then pick what you want to watch, scene-by-scene if needed. I think this is a great concept. The choice about what you spend your money on is completely up to you, and your money isn't wasting away when you're not on-site.
Apart from the business model, the other real pull is the sheer amount of stuff. You'll never be bored. Really in to one model at the moment? Search by name and find loads of scenes with her. Want to view all newest videos in a particular genre? You can do it. Sure, they don't have every piece of porn ever produced, but certainly there is a bigger selection than any other site I've looked at.
I really have very few complaints about this site. The "cons" I've listed above are more like minor gripes - it really is deserving of an "excellent" score. The only (slight) downside is the poor bitrate streaming I experience, but I'm pretty sure it's due to where I am. I'd be interested to hear what kinds of speeds folks in the US get.
Despite that, I can't recommend this site enough. Go try it.
Current Member for over 1 year (at the time of review).
- Large selection of DVDs, many not available on typical membership-type sites
- Excellent search function
- Wide variety of themes and niches available
- Excellent selection of “classic” porn (please note that I consider ‘classic’ to be 80s and 90s)
- Decent access speeds
- This is not a traditional DVD porn site
- Poor value if compared against a DVD site like Videobox
- DRM on everything (though the level of DRM varies)
The best way to think about a VOD site is to consider it the Blockbuster of online porn – it’s rental only, but the terms and duration of the rental can be varied depending on what you want to spend.
I know a lot of PUs are probably solidly against such a site just because it doesn’t really fit the kinds of niche that we all seem to go for – that being the “I give the site $X for a membership of a set time and I can download what I want.” I agree with those concerns. So why would anyone be interested in such a site? Well, for many PUs who are serious collectors, these sites can be a great way to find DVDs that aren’t readily available anywhere else.
One of the best things about this site is its size. TPB says that it has 680 VOD rentals available, but I don’t know when that figure was posted. My educated guess is that is way off, and possibly off by a factor of 10 or more. My experience is that their VOD catalogue is huge. I have found titles here that I’ve been looking for for years.
Another positive is that while every VOD title has some form of DRM, the kind of DRM can vary depending on what is offered and what you want to spend. There are three different ways to get porn on this site. A pay-per-minute function is available with packages of minutes available in various sizes. You can also ‘rent’ the DVD for a set period (usually 7 or 30 days) and finally you can select to ‘download-to-own’ the DVD. That’s a bit misleading since it still has DRM, but the price includes three ‘certificates’ for you to use. Prices vary widely, with new releases and popular titles costing more than bargain-bin titles.
I’m not sure of the actual screen resolutions available, but all titles, regardless of how you rent them, are available in what is called “high” and “DVD.” (Some have “low” available too.) I’ve tried both the higher ones and obviously DVD is much better, and looks as good or better than other VOD sites.
The downsides are pretty obvious – cost and DRM. Cost is a big issue – getting your porn this way can be prohibitively expensive. This is not the way you want to build a porn DVD collection unless you happen to be Donald Trump. (New releases can be VERY expensive.) DRM is self-explanatory – you never own the movie outright.
But even taking the two big downsides into account this site can be a great way to see DVDs that aren’t otherwise available. If it’s a new-release that you must see, or an old classic favorite that you haven’t seen in years, this site likely has what you want if none of the monthly-membership sites do.
Please note – at the time I’m writing this Adult DVD Empire is transitioning to a new site called AdultEmpire.com. It seems to be a repackaging of the old site that keeps the same business model and search functions but in a more modern and user friendly way.
*Newbie reviews and ratings don't count toward a site's overall score/rank until the user reaches the Rookie status level (5 points). This rule is needed to help prevent fake (or heavily biased) profiles and reviews.
Protecting Minors We are strong supporters of RTA and ICRA, two of the most recognized self labeling organizations. Our site is properly labeled to assist in the protection of minors accessing inappopriate content. For information about filtering tools, check this site.
DISCLAIMER: ALL MODELS APPEARING ON THIS WEBSITE ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
To report child pornography, go directly to ASACP! We're proud to be a corporate sponsor.
Have concerns or questions about porn addiction? We recommend this helpful resource.