Current Member for over 6 months (at the time of review).
Site supports Roku device.
Largest variety and collection of movies seen.
Largest selection of genres, and special interests.
Costs/minute slightly less than competition
Gives away 15 minutes of free streaming once in a while.
Good value and I never had a problem with service.
The freeze frame doesn't work as good here as some other sites. It takes a little longer.
Video quality is good, but some sites offer slightly better.
Speed not as fast as some other sites, but still okay.
Impressive collection of movies. AEBN offers more scenes and titles than any other site I've visited.
AEBN offers three times the genres. For example I like vampire erotic films, AEBN is the ONLY site that has movies grouped by vampire films. They also have a selection of neck fetish scenes. No one I know of offer either.
Their per minute rates are a couple bucks lower than the competition.
AEBN randomly gives away 15 minutes of free streaming for no reason.
I recommend AEBN.
-Can be more expensive if watching lots of content (and no giveaway minutes)
No site exists in a vacuum. All sites are (and should be) compared to the similar to themselves, to see what works, what doesn't, and what they could do better. While pay-per-minute sites aren't that prevalent, there are a few out there that seem to be doing well, and it's good as a consumer to compare them to each other to see which ones are more worthy of your time. This is why I started looking at AEBN after joining another PPM site, but it means that my opinions on this site are generally in comparison to another site.
The selection here is huge. Definitely bigger than any other site I've been to, and it's not even close. They have movies from every era, and from the huge feature companies all the way down to the small operations with a camera in someone's bedroom. From looking through their selection, I get the impression that if you're looking for something or someone and it was ever even mildly popular, you'll find it here. I've definitely found DVDs on this site that I haven't seen anywhere else that are made by other companies. And they even have a little of their own truly 'exclusive' content, which you won't find anywhere else (though I have found that not all the content marked as exclusive is actually exclusive). Also, from the browsing that I've done, they have less premium titles (ones that cost more than one minute per minute of viewing) than other sites, and some videos that are premium in other places aren't premium here.
Finding the specific content you want is relatively easy, but it could be easier. The search function is good, and returns not only actor and title matches, but studio matches as well. They also make it easy to browse all the movies in a series (i.e. Barely Legal), which can come in handy when you find one that you like. Tag searching works, but doesn't look very organized. My biggest gripe is that while they do a good job of listing all the actors in a movie, even though they separate the movie into different scenes, many (but not all) of the separate scenes don't have the actors tagged, so you may have watch a little of the movie to make sure that the scene you're about to watch actually features the actress you're looking for. Thankfully, they provide a short free preview for each scene so that you don't have to spend your minutes doing this, but it would be much easier if they just named the actors in each scene on the page.
The movie player works well enough, but I feel like it could definitely be improved. They offer the option of using Silverlight or Windows Media Player, and while both work well enough, I feel like it's strange that they don't have the option of using a Flash player when other sites do, and not everyone is going to have Silverlight installed. The Silverlight player works decently well enough, though it does take a while to get started, and if you pause, you have to wait for a few seconds for the video to buffer before it will start again. They have multiple bitrate choices (including the ability to watch some scenes in HD), but the highest options still don't match the quality of a high definition downloaded file.
The payment options are generally the same as the other PPM sites that I've been to, with one twist. You have the ability to pay for minutes to watch content, and you can also buy specific movies for rental or lifetime ownership. I got 30 free minutes when I signed up for the site, but so far I have found no way to add minutes without paying for them, so you'll have to start using your own money pretty quickly. They also seem to be introducing "channels", which allow you to pay a monthly fee and have unlimited access to that channel's content. Right now there are three available, two being from specific studios (Vivid and West Coast Productions), with the third being a "super pass" that, while it features a lot of movies, most of them seem to come from lower-tier DVD companies, with very little content that I had heard of before. The idea of channels does seem interesting, especially if they can get more companies signed up to offer their content through them.
I've stated before that I basically use pay-per-minute sites as something to let me preview things that I haven't seen before, to decide if I want to spend my money on them. And while AEBN does this as well as anyone else, they also cost more than anyone else to let me do so. If you're looking for/at the content here that you can't find anywhere else, it is definitely worth it, and if they can get more companies on board with having their own channels, it becomes an interesting alternative to signing up for that companies pay site (especially if the company has their own underdeveloped or difficult to use pay site instead). But, as good as it is, it still isn't my preferred pay-per-minute site.
Current Member for over 1 year (at the time of review).
- Likely the biggest VOD collection on the internet
- Many titles not available anywhere else
- Multiple ways to stream and download
- Good search function
- Can sort by theme/niche
- Can sort by studio
- Good search function
- Offers a subscription to “channels” which allow unlimited streaming of select titles
- Can get VERY expensive
- Videos are DRM-protected unless you pay (dearly) for a DRM-free download
- The ‘channels” have lots of titles but few big studios
- Many of the older titles have poor bitrates
I know a lot of members here have a strong negative reaction to VOD sites, and I share all of the same concerns. Building a video collection using just VOD sites would be incredibly expensive when compared to DVD sites like Videobox, but when used as a supplement to DVD sites, VOD sites like AEBN can work well. If you’re a serious collector, like many members here are, VOD sites are a useful way to see some titles that aren’t available elsewhere. I’ve been using AEBN for several years but hadn’t actually bought anything from them in probably 12 months, until a week ago when I rediscovered them.
So why would you choose AEBN over another VOD site? The primary reason would be selection: AEBN has studios and titles that are unavailable on other sites. An example of this is that AEBN continues to offer a wide array of Max Hardcore titles when other sites have dropped him. The fact that they still carry Max indicates how broad their collection is.
The site has a good search function using star, title or many other keywords. I also like being able to sort by studio because there are several studios that I really like so it gives me a chance to see some titles that I might have not otherwise known about.
The site is pretty simple once you find a title you want to see or buy. Clicking on that DVD brings you to a page with all the streaming and purchase options available. In most cases you can stream a movie for either 48 hours or for life. In most cases the ‘for life’ option costs $10 and the 48 hours costs $5, though there are many titles that you can stream for $2. In most cases there is also an opportunity to ‘buy’ a DRM-free download of the title. The price for that us usually $25. Yes, that is expensive, but it is the cost of the DVD and if it’s a must-have title for you it may be a viable option. I certainly wouldn’t complain if they lowered the price though. Some titles offer a download rental that is DRM protected and expires after the allotted time.
Once you select and pay for your access you get access immediately. There are other VOD sites that can take several minutes for your title to be available. Not so here. There are options for streaming quality so you can choose based on your internet connection. Bitrates of 56k, 225k, 512k, 1024k, 2048k, 4000k and 6000k are often available. I generally use 2048k and find that it is smooth and looks good. Streaming can be through Windows Media Player (which I use) and Silverlight. I didn’t try the latter one so I can’t comment on it.
The download option gives you the technical specs on the file before you buy so you can make an informed decision. You can see the size of the file and the bitrate so you can gauge the quality. In most cases there are no download options, which seems a bit puzzling to me.
One flaw in the streaming is that some titles will only stream at a maximum of 512k. In 2012 that just isn’t good enough. That seems to be mostly with older titles. Fortunately newer titles have better options.
The thing about AEBN that appears to be relatively new and may be a game-changer in the VOD world is the ability to buy a membership to a “channel” that gives you unlimited streaming. I subscribed to the channel called “Super Pass” which is the largest selection of all the channels. There is a 1-day trial for $1 that then recurs at $20 for a month of access. That’s the good news. The bad news is that not all titles are available on the channel, and a lot of what is available isn’t mainstream porn. Some of it looks pretty interesting and I’ll be there for at least a month, but you won’t find many of the major studios available. Currently there are just shy of 8000 titles available on the Super Pass channel.
The channel is great for people who prefer streaming, but for a guy like me who prefers downloads it can be a bit frustrating. The same streaming options (see above) are usually available on the channel.
There are two other channels available: Vivid and West Coast Productions. If you’re a Vivid fan, my recommendation is that you carefully compare the value of the AEBN channel with the value of the Vivid channel at Videobox.
I’m not going to weigh in on whether or not I’d recommend this site because it isn’t a traditional membership based site. What I would recommend is that you spent some time browsing there because it may cause you to rethink any notions you have about VOD sites. And the “all you can eat” option really does change the value equation.
One last caveat when using any VOD site is to check the other main VOD sites for that same title. You might find another site offering the title in the same quality for less. It pays to shop around. You should also check the DVD sites like Videobox because you may find what you want there. It all comes down to how you perceive the value for yourself.
Current Member for over 1 year (at the time of review).
- I'm fairly sure this has got to be the largest online collection of porn, and almost no matter your interests or your favourite pornstars you should be able to find them well represented here.
- Constant content updates, and often even very recently released DVDs from major studios are available.
- A healthy selection of streaming options to suit most connection speeds, plus options for download "rentals" or permanent purchases. In addition to Windows Media and RealPlayer (ugh!), streaming Flash is now also available for some of the recently added movies.
- Solid navigation features, and additionally improvements to the interface this year has also improved thumbnail previews (still doesn't apply to all movies) and a few other things.
- Server speed has consistently been a problem for me the roughly two years I've been using the site. I can reliably hit download speeds of 750 kB/s from fast servers with my current Internet connection (and that includes some paysites), yet AEBN, at all times of the day or year, struggles just to give me a consistent 150 kB/s, which means I'll usually have to settle for the pixilated 512 kbit streams.
- The last year it's become increasingly common that new movies from several major studios are only available as 7/30 day downloads with no pay per minute options.
- For "heavy duty" users, VOD can prove fairly expensive compared to the smaller (but often still very large) membership based DVD download sites. And that's just the pay per minute option. Once you go for download rentals things get really expensive.
- Considering the price of the downloads the video quality on those really ought to get a bitrate boost.
I usually swear by DVD download sites like VideoBox, but when I'm hunting for videos with my favourite pornstars that I can't find there, AEBN is my next stop. Their selection is unrivaled and you can often count on finding almost every movie in which a particular pornstar has ever appeared.
If you're after uncommon niches you aren't otherwise likely to find without joining a smaller niche site, AEBN can often come to your aid as well, as they even cover niches that are usually seen as a no-no in today's political climate in the US with their obscenity and "community standards" nonsense - or which are just a tad outside what most of us would consider "mainstream" porn.
However, as my list of cons above should indicate, my experiences with AEBN haven't quite been blissful, as particularly their slow server speeds are always annoying me (this could very well be a geographic or ISP related issue of course, but considering I'm getting vastly better performance from many other US based servers, that's hardly an excuse for a persistent problem, and I have tried contacting them in the past).
Frankly I'm just not particularly happy, to say the least, with pixilated 640x480 videos at only 512 kbit when I know my connection is perfectly capable of streaming the 2000 kbit versions.
Price might also be an issue for some, although considering how much I spend on porn every month anyway, I personally don't really give much thought to an extra $20 or $30 a month.
So overall, if you're just looking for any large collection of hardcore DVD porn, I suggest you head over to VideoBox or one of the other DVD download sites instead. When you're after that specific movie with Pornstar X or that fantastic 20 DVD series from obscure Porn Studio Y, you might find AEBN just as useful as I tend to do at the very least a few times a month.
Current Member for over 1 year (at the time of review).
- vast selection of movies. The sheer diversity will keep you coming back; there's just about every niche and genre here, from big-budget porn to obscure amateur stuff, and from all over the world
- VOD structure means you pay only for what you watch; there are no recurring fees and you're never "wasting" your membership when you're not online
- lots of different payment methods
- you can stream by individual scene, which is great. Means you don't waste your VOD minutes plowing through the dull bits
- a good favourites system means you can save your favourite scenes, stars, movies, and more
- different qualities of stream are offered, to suit your bandwidth, and you can choose Media Player or RealPlayer for most movies
- navigation, while basic, is pretty intuitive. Easy to get the hang of with no confusing links or layout
- if you don't like VOD, you can also download most movies to rent, or to burn to DVD.
- for me in the EU, the bit rate isn't great. Even with a 2Mb/s connection, I can rarely manage their 512kbit stream. However, this is probably due to location. If you're in the US, it's probably better
- movies can be randomly removed sometimes, with no explanation. Bad luck if you've added loads of stuff by a studio to your favourites, and then they drop the studio
- the movie options aren't always consistent from title to title; some may have only low quality streams, for example
- some people think VOD is too expensive; I think this is just a matter of opinion. However, it's easy to spend a lot here if you want
- the occasional technical problem; you'll find some movies where the links don't work, or days when you can't log in or access their secure server
- no real customer recognition; would be nice if they acknowledged regular customers with rewards or discounts
Moviemonster.com is, primarily, a VOD streaming site with a vast collection of content. I've been a regular visitor for over 2 years now, and have never been dissatisfied.
It's really pretty simple; you create a (free) account, buy some time, and then pick what you want to watch, scene-by-scene if needed. I think this is a great concept. The choice about what you spend your money on is completely up to you, and your money isn't wasting away when you're not on-site.
Apart from the business model, the other real pull is the sheer amount of stuff. You'll never be bored. Really in to one model at the moment? Search by name and find loads of scenes with her. Want to view all newest videos in a particular genre? You can do it. Sure, they don't have every piece of porn ever produced, but certainly there is a bigger selection than any other site I've looked at.
I really have very few complaints about this site. The "cons" I've listed above are more like minor gripes - it really is deserving of an "excellent" score. The only (slight) downside is the poor bitrate streaming I experience, but I'm pretty sure it's due to where I am. I'd be interested to hear what kinds of speeds folks in the US get.
Despite that, I can't recommend this site enough. Go try it.
Current Member for over 3 months (at the time of review).
Real easy to use interface, basic search feature is cool.
Pretty reasonable price structure.
LOTS of categories and genres to choose from.
Pay options are: Pay Per Min, Download or Rent
Usually 3 or 4 levels of video resolution to chose from... can make for faster/smoother viewing.
As I said, the basic search feature is cool...
the advanced feature is not. The return results are inconsistent and much less effective than the basic search. I hope they fix this.
Does not have a viewable account clock while playing movies.
Scene thumbnails are a bit small with no
A lot of new releases don't have Pay Per Minute... kinda goofy.
It's pretty clearcut on this site. No BS and no tricky billing. I use the pay per minute and I like the quality of the videos at even 512.
they have a huge database of flix you can search without a membership.
They could use some better advanced search capabilities and add some scene descriptions or at least add some more thumbs to the scene list.
Basically the site is a huge library for the quick porn fix at a reasonable rate.
Current Member for over 6 months (at the time of review).
- Literally loads of videos
- All categories and fetishes covered
- Updated virtually everyday
- Server is generally quick and reliable
- Most videos are high quality
- Some 'hard to find' titles
- Option to store favourites
- Can work out expensive, especially if you're a regular user or want to download
- Takes a while to browse titles
- Individual scenes don't always work
- Some titles found on other PPV sites
- Popup after closing site
This is certainly one of the better PPV sites out there. Most of the videos are of a high quality and can be streamed quickly. Most videos have a few screenshots and a brief description. There is an option to choose individual scenes but this doesn't always work for me.
At first it may seem relatively cheap but it can turn out expensive as it's easy to get through your minutes very quickly.
The best thing about the site is the sheer choice of titles. The site covers all angles, featuring everything from latex to gangbangs and cumshots. Something for everyone. Let's face it, it's expensive and can be a privacy issue ordering DVD's and you're likely to get bored of it after a while.
Very good site overall with loads of choice.
*Newbie reviews and ratings don't count toward a site's overall score/rank until the user reaches the Rookie status level (5 points). This rule is needed to help prevent fake (or heavily biased) profiles and reviews.
Protecting Minors We are strong supporters of RTA and ICRA, two of the most recognized self labeling organizations. Our site is properly labeled to assist in the protection of minors accessing inappopriate content. For information about filtering tools, check this site.
DISCLAIMER: ALL MODELS APPEARING ON THIS WEBSITE ARE 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
To report child pornography, go directly to ASACP! We're proud to be a corporate sponsor.
Have concerns or questions about porn addiction? We recommend this helpful resource.